Aspirin / eugenol can remove lipofuscin from cells

yerrag

Interesting. I continue to read with fascination everything about aspirin but I've just never felt comfortable taking it regularly. I don't know, perhaps I should.

A few drops of clove oil in a gelatin capsule is going to be my method of ingestion. Taken with a meal, otherwise I definitely feel a very warm stomach sensation and I'm not sure that's a good thing...
I have a stash of aspirin, and I keep going back to using it, but I don't feel any effect from using it. Perhaps it is working, but it's palpable effect us invisible to me.

You can use a carrier oil such as vco to dilute the clove oil in the capsule as well.

TacoVampire

I'm going to make some coffee in my Stovetop Espresso Maker with a teaspoon of clove powder.

Just measured a teaspoon of clove powder and it's about 1.5grams.

Lejeboca

I didn't find anything specific to aspirin and eugenol besides their anti-oxidant properties, which may be achieved by other "phenolic hydroxy" and "hydroxyl product" generating substances, I suppose.

Paper concludes: "Compared with precursor drug aspirin and eugenol, AEE also has stronger antioxidant ability. For its antioxidant mechanism, AEE may have great similarity with the precursor drug eugenol and aspirin. Eugenol removed free radicals mainly by phenolic hydroxy combining with oxygen free radicals (Exner et al., 2000). Aspirin cleared away free radicals by hydroxyl product generated through its metabolism and decomposition (Ogata et al., 2000)."

Also I cannot see in the Tables how AEE ("aspirin-eugenol ester") is better than A and E separately for the same ~dose (p values shouldn't be at looked seriously, especially of they are similarly small):
1678599326085.png

Note that the authors injected D-galaclose continuously for 8 weeks at 10mg/kg to induce AGEing, which is an artificial (dubious) way to induce aging. Galactose is normal quantities helps metabolism:
Galactose in human metabolism, glycosylation and congenital metabolic diseases: Time for a closer look (reference courtesy Amazoniac's post,)

Dapose

Forum Supporter
After hearing the latest generative energy podcast this morning, #99 I believe. I decided to get some clove bud oil by aura cacia. My experiment begins.
I put half a teaspoon of coconut oil on my stomach, below ribs and above the belly button. I put 3 drops of the organic clove bud oil on a central area where I have three lipofuscin pigments. About 20 minutes laying on the couch and reading all the comments in this thread I started to get a mild numbness in my mouth and a taste of clove. I decided maybe this was a good time to eat a couple carrots since I struggle with endotoxins. After eating the carrots the clove taste got stronger and is now as if I brushed my teeth with clove oil! (Not because my teeth feel clean but because of the clove oil taste!)
Fascinating! And since writing this post I am starting to feel a little high. Is that serotonin? Can’t tell because it’s a calm euphoria like feeling but I am not used to it so I have a slight panic feeling too.
I will aim for one drop of clove bud oil the next time I try this. It’s so fascinating how the mouth and gums are part of the digestive tract. Mouth to anus is one long connected tissue! Wild.
Anyway thanks for any thoughts.
I take 1-3 full strength beyer aspirin a day because I do a physical labor job and I’m not messing around with pain or lactic acid.
-I should add that three drops of the oil on my skin gave me zero discomfort. No irritation. Skin turned slightly red/pink. Also adding that the panic feeling I had quickly went away and now just clam. Tongue is still vibrating a slight numbness.

Last edited:

Jamsey

What the heck, ill try it. Ill add some coconut oil, and a ton of vitamin E and give it to my mom to try. Sucks that B2 is degraded by light.
If you are talking about b2 in relation to lipofuscin, I think the study I posted stated that it was the ROS produced by photo degradation that was responsible for the lipofuscin removal

brightside

If you are talking about b2 in relation to lipofuscin, I think the study I posted stated that it was the ROS produced by photo degradation that was responsible for the lipofuscin removal
You mean this one?

Because you suggest otherwise.

Jamsey

You mean this one?

Because you suggest otherwise.
In the upper middle, I quote this study
“Here we show that substitution with the radical generator riboflavin, which is naturally present in phagosomes 4and melanosomes, can remove lipofuscin from the RPE.”
“Without treatment 13.3 + 4.5 % and after riboflavin treatment 9.2 + 3.4 % of the cell cytoplasm was occupied by lipofuscin (t-test p < 0.001).”
I’ll look later but I think the mechanism is ROS from photo degradation.

Last edited:

LadyRae

I'm aware that my anecdotal evidence is not necessarily super important, but I wanted to share that in the last 2 years I have radically cut out all PUFA, increased my sun exposure, and I have gone through almost three bottles of Idealabs' Mitolipin.

The freckles and sun spots that I used to have prominently all over the tops of my hands and arms are completely gone! I've just noticed this in the last couple months and prior to this I thought I was just imagining it. These are freckles that I've had for 15 to 20 years. I never use sunscreen and I go to tanning salons and I was also in Hawaii for several weeks in February...

brightside

In the upper middle, I quote this study
“Here we show that substitution with the radical generator riboflavin, which is naturally present in phagosomes 4and melanosomes, can remove lipofuscin from the RPE.”
“Without treatment 13.3 + 4.5 % and after riboflavin treatment 9.2 + 3.4 % of the cell cytoplasm was occupied by lipofuscin (t-test p < 0.001).”
I’ll look later but I think the mechanism is ROS from photo degradation.
Oh oops, I see.

What exactly did you mean by your comment? Because I was concerned that it would degrade in the lotion before it would get absorbed, not that it would degrade from light later. That does sound like an interesting mechanism, and I wonder If it would still be worth it to use. Say, you apply a lotion and then 30 min later go outside. Wouldn’t that be perfect? Vitamin E to quench excess ROS from general sun exposure, and the B2 to enter phagosomes and create ROS there.

Jamsey

Oh oops, I see.

What exactly did you mean by your comment? Because I was concerned that it would degrade in the lotion before it would get absorbed, not that it would degrade from light later. That does sound like an interesting mechanism, and I wonder If it would still be worth it to use. Say, you apply a lotion and then 30 min later go outside. Wouldn’t that be perfect? Vitamin E to quench excess ROS from general sun exposure, and the B2 to enter phagosomes and create ROS there.
Yeah something along those lines. Vitamin e might block the effect anti lipofuscin effect of riboflavin considering the opposing mechanisms, but then again I’m not exactly sure so your guess is as good as mine.

Motorneuron

After hearing the latest generative energy podcast this morning, #99 I believe. I decided to get some clove bud oil by aura cacia. My experiment begins.
I put half a teaspoon of coconut oil on my stomach, below ribs and above the belly button. I put 3 drops of the organic clove bud oil on a central area where I have three lipofuscin pigments. About 20 minutes laying on the couch and reading all the comments in this thread I started to get a mild numbness in my mouth and a taste of clove. I decided maybe this was a good time to eat a couple carrots since I struggle with endotoxins. After eating the carrots the clove taste got stronger and is now as if I brushed my teeth with clove oil! (Not because my teeth feel clean but because of the clove oil taste!)
Fascinating! And since writing this post I am starting to feel a little high. Is that serotonin? Can’t tell because it’s a calm euphoria like feeling but I am not used to it so I have a slight panic feeling too.
I will aim for one drop of clove bud oil the next time I try this. It’s so fascinating how the mouth and gums are part of the digestive tract. Mouth to anus is one long connected tissue! Wild.
I take 1-3 full strength beyer aspirin a day because I do a physical labor job and I’m not messing around with pain or lactic acid.
-I should add that three drops of the oil on my skin gave me zero discomfort. No irritation. Skin turned slightly red/pink. Also adding that the panic feeling I had quickly went away and now just clam. Tongue is still vibrating a slight numbness.
@Dapose
It may have already been pointed out in this Thread, but you should estimate how much eugenol is in three drops of essential oil (I assume you used this). Remember that it can be toxic at least when taken orally.

The feeling you felt could be related to inhibition of MAO A-B and/or COMT...they are enzymes that regulate the degradation of serotonin/dopamine/histamine/acetylcholine...hard to say exactly what it was but probably something related to these mechanisms of complex feedback...

akgrrrl

I'm aware that my anecdotal evidence is not necessarily super important, but I wanted to share that in the last 2 years I have radically cut out all PUFA, increased my sun exposure, and I have gone through almost three bottles of Idealabs' Mitolipin.

The freckles and sun spots that I used to have prominently all over the tops of my hands and arms are completely gone! I've just noticed this in the last couple months and prior to this I thought I was just imagining it. These are freckles that I've had for 15 to 20 years. I never use sunscreen and I go to tanning salons and I was also in Hawaii for several weeks in F
It is folly to assume that "essential oils" are the same, in the same way that assumimg 31 types of "milk" in a large grocery are the same.

akgrrrl

The freckles and sun spots that I used to have prominently all over the tops of my hands and arms are completely gone! I've just noticed this in the last couple months and prior to this I thought I was just imagining it. These are freckles that I've had for 15 to 20 years. I never use sunscreen and I go to tanning salons and I was also in Hawaii for several weeks in February...
And oops that was operator error Lady, I was saying YESSSSS ! To your anecdotal contribution and messed it up. Lovely report.

GenericName86

That's great to hear, I'm looking to hopefully remove some of mine. I didn't know mitolipin could help with that? I'm only on my first bottle and my dosages haven't been consistent (feels like a struggle to get the drops out sometimes ha) Do you take it orally?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals