Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) Reduces Lipofuscin, May Extend Lifespan

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut My girlfriend is going to try energin applied topically at bight on a brown aging spot on her forehead. She also uses progesterone topically dissolved in oil in the last two weeks of her cycle, do you think it can mix? Or maybe progesterone in the morning and energin in the evening?

I saw that Ray Peat mentioned that alcohol may help getting rid of lipofuscin, so it may be good that is is in energin.

I don't think there is an issue with mixing other that the water/ethanol mixture of Energin will probably not mix well with the lipophillic progesterone. So, probably best to apply at different times.

facesavant

There are few reliable treatments of the so-called "age spots" officially known as lipofuscin. Ray has written about the role of iron, PUFA and estrogen in the formation of this skin pigment and has suggested that vitamin E may be one possible treatment. Now we can add vitamin B2 to the list of possible treatments. Interestingly, vitamin B2 also increased levels of catalase, which is one of the enzyme consistently found elevated in centenarians.

Anti-Aging Effect of Riboflavin Via Endogenous Antioxidant in Fruit fly Drosophila Melanogaster. - PubMed - NCBI
"... MEASUREMENTS: The activity of copper-zinc-containing superoxide dismutase (SOD1), manganese containing SOD (SOD2) and catalase (CAT) and lipofuscin (LF) content were determined. RESULTS:
Riboflavin significantly prolonged the lifespan (Log rank χ2=16.677, P<0.001) and increased the reproductive capacity (P<0.01 for day 15; P<0.05 for day 30) of fruit flies by lifelong supplement. The survival time of fruit flies damaged by H2O2 was significantly prolonged (Log rank χ2=15.886, P<0.001), the activity of SOD1 (P<0.01) and CAT (P<0.01) was enhanced, and the accumulation of LF (P<0.01) was inhibited by riboflavin supplement. CONCLUSION: Riboflavin prolonged the lifespan and increased the reproduction of fruit flies through anti-oxidative stress pathway involving enhancing the activity of SOD1 and CAT and inhibiting LF accumulation. Riboflavin deserves more attention for slowing human aging."
Hey Haidut,
Reproduction is what prompted my thoughts. Is it possible specific vaccinations could cause a depletion of B2 or maybe hinder the utilization pathway in humans? Just curious if this has been studied or theorized.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom