More lipofuscin after being LOW PUFA for 2 years

LLight

So far, I've only done max of 40 hours dry fasting, but I also do it when using IF. Just one 40hr and one 24hr dry fast got rid of a liver spot I've had on my face for about 25 years, 90% cured eczema and really improved my blood sugars.

akgrrrl

How much PUFA has your special salmon ?
The May early run Kings are extremely high so I pass on those (sought after for smoking in the far north regions of the Yukon exactly because that fatty content).
I prefer the June July Coho runs from 3 mid state rivers where firm flesh meatyness with far milder flavor is legend, from a species that is known to remain in deep cold waters (with a smaller travel range) for 5 years before spawning.The 3 other species just dont interest me because the pufa content makes for such a strong, oily, fishy taste and smell. Those fish travel widely warmer water, who knows the toxins they pick up. Yeah, I know everyone thinks smoked salmon what a rich delicacy, whatever. That fat stinks to me. Cooperative Extension class at U of Anch says Reds are half the fat content of Kings.

Korven

Hey @UG Krishnamurti, I also got tons of lipofuscin on my arms during the summer I started "Peating" with lots of OJ and milk and aspirin.

Since I stopped both the OJ and aspirin (I'm sensitive to salicylates) and started eating lots of grass fed red meat, I have not gotten any new brown spots and the old ones are fading, and my skin looks a lot healthier. Sure red meat has some iron, but it also has good quality animal protein, B-vitamins, vitamin E, taurine, carnosine, carnitine, creatine etc that support anti-oxidant status and prevent lipofuscin formation.

Korven

Wouldn't be surprised if excess fructose is involved in lipofuscin

If you view the skin of high fructose consumers it can be leathery/glycated/etc in some people. Certainly if they're not consuming meat which has carnosine ( anti-glycation ) and taurine ( precursors or taurine itself ) both have anti-glycation anti-fructosylation anti-inflammatory overlap.

Taurine good for compensating for high fructose

Matches my experience - when I cut down on the fruit (especially OJ) and increased my intake of quality grass fed meat, I stopped getting new lipofuscin and my skin health improved.

OP
UG Krishnamurti
It's not lipofuscin precisely. I have brown (which than turn to black) moles on my face.

And they are still appearing. Quite unbelievable.

OccamzRazer

It's not lipofuscin precisely. I have brown (which than turn to black) moles on my face.

And they are still appearing. Quite unbelievable.
Huh.

Have you tried red light or topical progesterone + vitamin E?

In terms of diet, I suspect some people do better with more omega 3 and less fructose, instead of Peat's standard rec of more fructose and less PUFA.

OP
UG Krishnamurti
I am having some success fading some of the large ones with Idealabs Melanon. Otherwise, I am envisioning the prolific increase of spots will, at a future point, be joined together, whereupon I will no longer identify as white.
That's nice to hear. How are you using the product?

moriwatzi

do you have pics
seems strange, whats your copper intake like
copper can cause them
lipofucsin is the yellow/brown discoloration spots. its an uneven skin tone thing. i thin blackheads would be the oxidized pufa or squalene. aren't moles actually made of hair or something else.

I too think it is caused by too high copper intake, or copper intake not balanced with enough zinc.

Peat once wrote:

After I found that a copper solution quickly caused my white eyebrows to return to their normal color, and repeated the experiment several times over about 3 years, I tried the same solution on my sideburns, and saw that some of those hairs had darkened after one application. It wasn't convenient to observe those hairs, so I decided to apply the solution to some white whiskers on my chin. After two or three applications, I carelessly used a solution that was too strong. Within less than a minute I felt it stinging, and washed it off. A stinging sensation was noticeable during the next 2 or 3 hours, and I washed the spot thoroughly several times. About 4 hours later it was still a little uncomfortable, and when I looked at it in a mirror I was horrified to see what appeared to be a large, coffee-colored mole on my chin, in the area where I had applied the copper, and where the burning sensation persisted. The edges were slightly raised about the surrounding skin, and it looked like a normal light brown mole, roughly the size of a nickel. It was so hard for me to believe that such an anatomical change could have occurred within 4 hours that I wondered if I had just failed to observe something that had been developing gradually. But after about a week it had disappeared, and no trace of it has returned, so I had to conclude that the high concentration of copper had acted with, or in place of, tyrosinase to form new pigment,or that copper-hungry cells had invaded the area.

A couple of years ago I noticed some moles on my upper chest were growing, darkening and developing an irregular, granular form. I hadn't used any DHEA for a few years, just because Ihad lost interest in it. A friend had just been telling me about using topical progesterone and DHEA in vitamins E and A to shrink a large and growing mole on her leg. For a few weeks I watched carefully as my moles changed since their location made it easy for me to view them at very close range. After becoming nearly black, I noticed that they were fading and becoming sort of grey. Then white and creamy areas appeared, and the grey seemed to concentrate into a few blue spots. The changes were surprisingly fast. I would look at them 2 or 3 times a day, and the blue, or black, or brown spots would be in entirely different locations each time. The moles hadbecome firm to touch, but the spots of pigmented cells appeared to be swimming wildly around within the boundaries of the moles, as if looking f or something, or escaping from something. Is meared a very light film of vitamins A and E with DHEA over the area of my chest with the moles, and the next time I looked the color was becoming regular. Within a day or two, even the texture had returned to normal.

OP
UG Krishnamurti
Painstakingly exact one drop per spot every other day. Noticable fade after about 2weeks, requires reapplication to retain
When you say reapplication what do you mean? Putting one drop every other day basically on the same spot?
I too think it is caused by too high copper intake, or copper intake not balanced with enough zinc.
I really don't think this is the case for me at least. I had them appear after the usage of VIT D3 - which gave me some hypercalcemia symptoms as well as mast cell activation/high histamine symptoms. My face was red, hot and flaky for 4 months straight. During that period most of my moles appeared.

I eat liver 4x a month in a small amount and fruits are the only other source of copper I have.

OP
UG Krishnamurti
Mines started after low-dosing Thorne D3 topically. I suspected it was one of the triggers.
Yeah D3 somehow activated mast cells which released tones of histamines and created some sort of calcium imbalance where probably some calcium keeps ending up in the cell - irritating the system.

Antihistamine like Dimenhydrinate helped with the histamine/eczema/scalp/calcium issue which calmed down the system but I am not sure if the mechanism of that action is safe - maybe it's helping by suppressing the immune system making the problem worse in the long run - but it sure is nice to do it occasionally and lower that whole stress system. [Effects of antihistamines on innate immune responses to severe bacterial infection in mice:
Conclusion: "Our findings indicate that sedating first-generation H1R antihistamines and H2R blockers might impair innate immune responses to bacteria and that these drugs should be used with caution in patients with severe bacterial infections."]

I think as soon as my system calmed down [It took a while] moles reduced a bit.
I still haven't explore the whole "mole" thing as much as I should [I almost didn't at all] - but it's on my list. To try and understand the mechanism behind them.

What I believe to be the case, which is based only on my experience is that it has something to do with hemodynamics system. So, that whole blood pressure/kidney/blood flow system. Not sure how yet.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals