Aspirin / eugenol can remove lipofuscin from cells

LadyRae

That's great to hear, I'm looking to hopefully remove some of mine. I didn't know mitolipin could help with that? I'm only on my first bottle and my dosages haven't been consistent (feels like a struggle to get the drops out sometimes ha) Do you take it orally?
Yeah, I take drops under my tongue. Usually I microwave the bottle to get the fluids moving. It's a saturated fat product so I do not suspect that this harms it.

I can't say for certain that it is the mitolipin, but I know that I have made a big effort to reduce polyunsaturated fats.

bloooeh

Does anyone know which one has higher % of Eugenol, clove or tulsi/basil??

sicil

Yeah, I take drops under my tongue. Usually I microwave the bottle to get the fluids moving. It's a saturated fat product so I do not suspect that this harms it.

I can't say for certain that it is the mitolipin, but I know that I have made a big effort to reduce polyunsaturated fats.
Hi, LadyRae:

Will you please tell me what foods you avoid totally as far as reducing pufa ? I really appreciate your help. I am still fairly new to figuring this out. It has been a couple of years for me but I am still having issues.

LadyRae

Hi, LadyRae:

Will you please tell me what foods you avoid totally as far as reducing pufa ? I really appreciate your help. I am still fairly new to figuring this out. It has been a couple of years for me but I am still having issues.
Anything fried. If in a package, I check labels for any canola, corn, safflower, sunflower, soy oils. I use coconut milk and if I use a fat for cooking (rare) it's coconut oil. I avoid conventional chicken and eggs. I do eat eggs a few times a week from my backyard hens that I feed a lot of kitchen scraps to in addition to beef liver and a non-GMO /organic feed.

No nuts, dairy, alcohol. I love fruit, (berries, apples, pineapples, melons) oysters, clams, shrimp, beef, lamb, avocados, carrots, mushrooms, cucumber and cauliflower rice. If I do get a hankering for chips I found some cassava chips baked in avocado oil. They have a sweet churro kind and also dairy-free nacho and lime tortilla style...

But I'm not a saint or anything, I do have a few diet Cokes every week and I like to make a homemade jello with blended apples and cinnamon, nutmeg, cacao, and top it with some coconut whipped cream.

I love any coconut based ice cream. I don't eat it very often so I don't care if there are added gums....

sicil

Anything fried. If in a package, I check labels for any canola, corn, safflower, sunflower, soy oils. I use coconut milk and if I use a fat for cooking (rare) it's coconut oil. I avoid conventional chicken and eggs. I do eat eggs a few times a week from my backyard hens that I feed a lot of kitchen scraps to in addition to beef liver and a non-GMO /organic feed.

No nuts, dairy, alcohol. I love fruit, (berries, apples, pineapples, melons) oysters, clams, shrimp, beef, lamb, avocados, carrots, mushrooms, cucumber and cauliflower rice. If I do get a hankering for chips I found some cassava chips baked in avocado oil. They have a sweet churro kind and also dairy-free nacho and lime tortilla style...

But I'm not a saint or anything, I do have a few diet Cokes every week and I like to make a homemade jello with blended apples and cinnamon, nutmeg, cacao, and top it with some coconut whipped cream.

I love any coconut based ice cream. I don't eat it very often so I don't care if there are added gums....
Thank you very much for your reply!! I really appreciate it so much. Do you avoid dairy because of an allergy or for other reasons? I just get so confused because everything I have read, it seems that Dr. Ray Peat was for dairy.

LadyRae

Thank you very much for your reply!! I really appreciate it so much. Do you avoid dairy because of an allergy or for other reasons? I just get so confused because everything I have read, it seems that Dr. Ray Peat was for dairy.
Dairy gives me nasal congestion, a sore throat, and it encourages thigh fat gain for me...

I was a very sickly kid/teen until I quit dairy in my early 20s..

Smelly5

Could these substances help to remove asbestos?

facesavant

One of the visible hallmarks of aging is the accumulation of so-called "age pigment" or "aging spots", commonly known in scientific circles as lipofuscin. The latter is a complex mix of peroxidized polyunsaturated fats (PUFA) and various metals (especially iron) that accumulates in cells with aging and once accumulated cannot readily be removed by cells. For a long time, medicine considered lipofuscin nothing by a benign cosmetic consequence of aging, appearing on the surface (skin) only. Studies over the last 2 decades demonstrated that none of these assumptions are true. Namely, lipofuscin is far from a harmless sign of aging, but rather is an active metabolic/mitochondrial suppressor that can reliably predict the failure of various organs and even mortality risk (independently of age). Speaking of organs, the more recent studies found that lipofuscin readily accumulates in any organ/tissue and the highest amounts are actually found not on the skin of old people, but rather in their brains, hearts, livers, and even gonads. Recognizing its active pathological role, some research circles have been trying to come up with ways to limit lipofuscin accumulation and the two most reliable dietary methods for achieving that is limiting the consumption of PUFA and iron-rich foods. Duh! Anti-oxidants, which prevent/limit PUFA peroxidation, have also been found to be effective at preventing/slowing lipofuscin formation/accumulation, with vitamin E displaying especially strong effects. However, the scientific consensus is that so far there is no known reliable way to remove already formed/accumulated lipofuscin, despite some studies have found that low-dose ethanol (alcohol), high-dose vitamin E, DMAE, curcumin, and other related chemicals may be able (in specific cases) to remove already deposited, intracellular lipofuscin.

The study below demonstrates that humble aspirin, and the main ingredient of clove oil - eugenol - can reliably lower already accumulated lipofuscin. In fact, in "large" doses (as the study calls them), the combination of aspirin and eugenol (given for just 8 weeeks) lowered lipofuscin levels below the levels of even the control (healthy, young) group. Aspirin or eugenol on their own were also effective, but the combination was much more powerful. Why did I put the "large" in quotes a few lines above? Well, the doses of aspirin and eugenol used in the study were the human-equivalent doses of about 1.5mg/kg daily. That means 1-2 baby aspirin tablets and a few drops of eugenol daily would be enough to replicate in humans the study design, and those doses are puny compared to regular strength aspirin (325mg tablets) or the animal studies with either aspirin or eugenol where the human-equivalent doses are often in the 1g+ daily range, and still without serious side effects. For more specific information on how effective aspirin/eugenol were, take a look at Tables 1 & 2 on page 4403 of the study below.

Antioxidant Activity of Aspirin Eugenol Ester for Aging Model of Mice by D-Galactose
"...The results were shown in Table 1 and 2. In model group compared with blank group, MDA and lipofuscin content increased significantly and there was signfiicant difference (p<0.01). This showed that the oxidation resistance of mice in model group was significantly lowered. Compared with eugenol group, aspirin group and AEE group, the decline of MDA and lipofuscin content with the increase of AEE dose were lowered significantly (p<0.01) and there also were positive dependence relationship between AEE dose and effect. Compared with eugenol group and aspirin group, the oxidation resistance in high dose AEE group was stronger....The results show that the small doses of AEE can effectively remove free radicals caused by D/galactose and large doses of AEE can make free radical level below the normal level. This will be healthier to mouse organisms."

View attachment 48223

Oh, and btw NMDA antagonists such as magnesium may be another option as per the thread below.
I've been making a mixture of aspirin and clover oil, dabbing on any spots on my face. It's only been a few weeks so far. If it gets in my mouth it burns a lot, be beware. I'm using aspirin ( salicylic acid only) and Doterra edible clover. I wonder if I rubbed over liver on the skin if that would reach the liver. Any thoughts?

EvanHinkle

I've been making a mixture of aspirin and clover oil, dabbing on any spots on my face. It's only been a few weeks so far. If it gets in my mouth it burns a lot, be beware. I'm using aspirin ( salicylic acid only) and Doterra edible clover. I wonder if I rubbed over liver on the skin if that would reach the liver. Any thoughts?
Have you noticed any changes on the face? I’ve used organic vodka alone in the past as Peat has suggested but it’s very temporary. Hoping someone has a more permanent success story with the clove/aspirin.

akgrrrl

Have you noticed any changes on the face? I’ve used organic vodka alone in the past as Peat has suggested but it’s very temporary. Hoping someone has a more permanent success story with the clove/aspirin.
Clover is not cloves.

akgrrrl

Oh my mistake, I thought eugenol was found in clove oil. I’m unaware of clover oil.
Eugenol is a constutuent found in the distilled ester of cloves. The content and strength of which depends on many variables: part of the plant used to extract the "oil", whether chemical/synthetic fertilizer was used or organic, harvest method or correct season, altitude, geographical region, climate, and most importantly, whether the distiller cares about constituent content or just uses high heat and pressure to extract every last drop. Eugenol or any active compounds are destroyed by high heat/pressure. It is known that Doterra outsources this procedure, since they obviously are from America and do not produce cloves.Mostly cloves come from Madagascar and the SpiceIslands. Secondly, properly distilled clove oil would burn the crap out of your skin, so you would never be able to use it on your face. Further, just the phenol content in distilled cloves would burn your eyes if you put it on your face. A well known "hot" oil which burns the skin unless diluted is oregano, often used as an antibiotic. Oregano is 153,007 on the ORAC scale.
Cloves is 10,786,875.

akgrrrl

@akgrrrl ohhh, haha, you were talking about the other user… just for clarity, I did not type clover @facesavant did.

“Spelling matters” - you

I kid, I kid
Oh yes I see what I saw, your name on the quoted post, thanks for pointing that out! Hope it helped you also anyway. Clove rocks for so many applications

Nfinkelstein

Secondly, properly distilled clove oil would burn the crap out of your skin, so you would never be able to use it on your face. Further, just the phenol content in distilled cloves would burn your eyes if you put it on your face.
I haven't found that using clove oil burns my skin. I don't have really sensitive skin though. I have used different brands, no issues. However, I have found that when mixed with aspirin and put on skin that it affects my sleep and increases aggression.

akgrrrl

I haven't found that using clove oil burns my skin. I don't have really sensitive skin though. I have used different brands, no issues. However, I have found that when mixed with aspirin and put on skin that it affects my sleep and increases aggression.
Wow interesting.
But yes, as I said, so many things can affect any batch of any aromatic botanical. Just harvesting a plant at different times in the grow cycle can produce vast differences in the constituents, and yet still smell the same.

Nfinkelstein

Wow interesting.
But yes, as I said, so many things can affect any batch of any aromatic botanical. Just harvesting a plant at different times in the grow cycle can produce vast differences in the constituents, and yet still smell the same.
I think haidut said earlier he and others had experimented with eugenol and found it irritated the skin, so you are not alone on that. I just couldn't carry on the experiment with topical eugenol/aspirin any further because it wasn't allowing me to sleep and I was experiencing something like internal roid rage (didn't act out, but could feel it). I wondered if it was the eugenol that was making me feel like I was taking excessive test. I would like to know if others might have similar results.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals