Eugenol increases sex hormones lowers COX2 and protects liver in diabetic model

Mauritio

Here they looked at what eugenol did to a rat model of diabetes.
They found that it lowered Glucose , triglycerides and LDL-cholsterol, which decreased especially strongly from 50 to 6 in the highest eugenol group. Just for reference the control groups level was 30, so it lowered below their level.

It increased Testosterone, progesterone and estrogen levels compared to the diabetic group. Not sure why estrogen was increased, but compared to the control group it wasn't really increased, rather it restored the levels of diabetic mice to that of the control group. With one exception, it increased progesterone even slightly above the control group. It migth also be relevant that those were femalre rats.

It also increased anti-oxidant enzymes and lowered malonaldehyde and liver enzyme levels.

The dosage was 12 or 24mg/kg in rats, which translates to 150 / 300mg in humans. the 150mg dose was slightly superior in most values they looked at. I'm starting to think that a dose of 100-200mg of eugenol is optimal.

- https://assets.researchsquare.com/f...-80f9-4a9d-a28e-2b3962115a1b.pdf?c=1662158168

ddjd

Eugenol is in sage from what I remember. Sage has such an array of healing benefits

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Eugenol is in sage from what I remember. Sage has such an array of healing benefits

eugenol is also in clove oil, as matter of fact ,it is its main component.

sunny

Talking about eugenol

David PS

Talking about eugenol

The lipofuscin that I am concerned about is in my internal organs. Lipofuscin is the reason that I add 2-3 drops into my coffee. @Mauritio - It is good to learn that this is a good dose. Thanks

@David PS 2-3 drops of clove essential oil? Can you estimate how many mg d of Eugenol are?

baron

Don’t let the guy from twitter who overdosed on Eugonel see this 😂😂😂
I don't think he overdosed, just a regular dose and aspirin caused alot of PUFA to be released from fat stores and started collecting in his foot.

Mossy

The lipofuscin that I am concerned about is in my internal organs. Lipofuscin is the reason that I add 2-3 drops into my coffee. @Mauritio - It is good to learn that this is a good dose. Thanks
Have you been doing this for a while? I ask because I'm curious about the response of your body to this.

David PS

Have you been doing this for a while? I ask because I'm curious about the response of your body to this.
I have been adding eugenol to my first cup of coffee in the morning since early March 2023 when Haidut started the thread "Aspirin / eugenol can remove lipofuscin from cells". I did not expect to subjectively feel any response and I did not experience anything. Note - I have been keeping my PUFA intake low and I have been adding adding aspirin to my coffee (with vitamin K) for years. I am just trying to 'wring' the last bit of lipofuscin out of my body.

This older thread "Clove Oil (eugenol) Inhibited 97.3% Lipid Peroxidation And Decreases TGF‐β1 Expression" suggested that eugenol may be 5 times more potent than aspirin.

I have been aiming to add only 1 drop into my coffee but I seem to end up adding 2-3 drops. And, that is not a bad thing.

Mossy

I have been adding eugenol to my first cup of coffee in the morning since early March 2023 when Haidut started the thread "Aspirin / eugenol can remove lipofuscin from cells". I did not expect to subjectively feel any response and I did not experience anything. Note - I have been keeping my PUFA intake low and I have been adding adding aspirin to my coffee (with vitamin K) for years. I am just trying to 'wring' the last bit of lipofuscin out of my body.

This older thread "Clove Oil (eugenol) Inhibited 97.3% Lipid Peroxidation And Decreases TGF‐β1 Expression" suggested that eugenol may be 5 times more potent than aspirin.

I have been aiming to add only 1 drop into my coffee but I seem to end up adding 2-3 drops. And, that is not a bad thing.
Good to know nothing negative after many months. I had tried a drop of clove oil on my tooth brush but it was too much. I think 1-3 drops with food would go down easier.

I did see that thread, which was my inspiration for wanting to supplement it, with aspirin—just as you are doing.

Elie

Forum Supporter

How does clove oil affect the taste of coffee?

David PS

How does clove oil affect the taste of coffee?
It was noticeable when I started but now I do not even notice the taste. Now it is just normal. It was never a bad taste.

David PS

does the bottle the concentration of Eugenol?
1694712165529.png
Amazon product ASIN B07PC64LMXView: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PC64LMX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

I don't think he overdosed, just a regular dose and aspirin caused alot of PUFA to be released from fat stores and started collecting in his foot.
WTF how does that manifest ?

NewACC

Here they looked at what eugenol did to a rat model of diabetes.
They found that it lowered Glucose , triglycerides and LDL-cholsterol, which decreased especially strongly from 50 to 6 in the highest eugenol group. Just for reference the control groups level was 30, so it lowered below their level.

It increased Testosterone, progesterone and estrogen levels compared to the diabetic group. Not sure why estrogen was increased, but compared to the control group it wasn't really increased, rather it restored the levels of diabetic mice to that of the control group. With one exception, it increased progesterone even slightly above the control group. It migth also be relevant that those were femalre rats.

It also increased anti-oxidant enzymes and lowered malonaldehyde and liver enzyme levels.

The dosage was 12 or 24mg/kg in rats, which translates to 150 / 300mg in humans. the 150mg dose was slightly superior in most values they looked at. I'm starting to think that a dose of 100-200mg of eugenol is optimal.

- https://assets.researchsquare.com/f...-80f9-4a9d-a28e-2b3962115a1b.pdf?c=1662158168
@haidut What is the best way to consume eugenol and clove oil without completely numbing your mouth?😁

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals