Dietary Stearic Acid Reduces Visceral Fat By 70% And Increases Lean Mass

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Hey Haidut,

I have been experimenting with stearic acid sporadically over the last few months, and found that it might be able to be dissolved in ethanol.

I've tried melting it into everything from vodka to vinegar to cocoa butter, but it always solidifies again within a few minutes. The cocoa butter was the best, but it still hardened.

If you were using this in an experiment, how would you keep it liquid in a lab setting?

Thanks!:D

It can't really be kept liquid for too long. As I mentioned, the only practical way would be to put a spoon in glass/cup of hot liquid like soup and then eat it. Yes, it does dissolve in ethanol but the solubility is very small. That's why we went with methyl stearate for DeFibron - the amount is not much but since it is metabolized much more slowly (it a all) this allows long exposure to stearic acid which is the key to its benefits. With regular stearic acid, which does get metabolized quite well once it gets absorbed, you'd need many grams to achieve the same effects as just a few hundred milligrams of methyl stearate. I guess if you have an ethanol solution, applying a significant amount on skin would be another way to get a good amount into the system. I personally prefer either DeFibron or a large spoon of regular stearic acid or stearyl alcohol dissolved in hot soup.

milkboi

Still experimenting with Stearic Acid (as my only substantial source of fat), 30g every other day before bed with K2. One easy way to consume it I've found out is just to chew the flakes a bit and it will get to a really soft texture, almost melting.

Momado965

One word - adamantane. It is probably the most effective, semi-natural membrane stabilizer. It is not that much different from SFA anyways. I think the beneficial effects of camphor, which is structurally very similar to adamantane, are also due to its membrane-stabilizing effects. The anti-viral effects of adamantane derivatives have been shown to be due mostly to improvement of membrane stability and reductions of its permeability to viral particles. There is an older study from he 1960s which I am trying to find and post here, showing that adamantane changes the membrane phospholipid composition, increasing the ratio of SFA/PUFA.

Whats the dose and for how long was admantane ysed to produce the marvelous effects on phospholipids?

Inaut

I just ordered some pure camphor terpenes. I was having a hard time finding a source in Canada and didn't want to pay the outrageous prices for duties and shipping from the US of A so I'm happy I finally found it. Can't wait to test it out :)

Vinny

D

Deleted member 5487

This is a study that @Travis will probably like a lot. Stearic acid is one of the SFA that are considered anti-inflammatory even by mainstream science. It has pronounced anti-tumor effects in various cancer models, and one of the proposed mechanisms was its ability to reduce fat deposits. The study below fed 17% stearic acid (with %3 safflower oil added to prevent EFA deficiency) to mice and found that this diet reduced visceral adiposity by more than 70% without any change in calories, total body weight, exercise, or the rest of the diet macronutrients. Moreover, this loss of fat was accompanied by increase in lean body mass.
Typically, loss of visceral fat and increase in lean mass is a signal of lower glucocorticoid signalling. This is further corroborated by drop in blood glucose in the stearic acid group. So, stearic acid must be lowering cortisol synthesis somehow and one possible explanation is the reduction of inflammation that this diet brings about. However, such significant reduction of visceral fat suggests that stearic acid probably also has a direct inhibitory effect on cortisol synthesis through as of yet unidentified mechanism. Maybe @Travis and @Koveras can dig it up!

Dietary stearic acid leads to a reduction of visceral adipose tissue in athymic nude mice. - PubMed - NCBI
"...Stearic acid (C18:0) is a long chain dietary saturated fatty acid that has been shown to reduce metastatic tumor burden. Based on preliminary observations and the growing evidence that visceral fat is related to metastasis and decreased survival, we hypothesized that dietary stearic acid may reduce visceral fat. Athymic nude mice, which are used in models of human breast cancer metastasis, were fed a stearic acid, linoleic acid (safflower oil), or oleic acid (corn oil) enriched diet or a low fat diet ad libitum. Total body weight did not differ significantly between dietary groups over the course of the experiment. However visceral fat was reduced by ∼70% in the stearic acid fed group compared to other diets. In contrast total body fat was only slightly reduced in the stearic acid diet fed mice when measured by dual-energy x-ray absorptiometry and quantitative magnetic resonance. Lean body mass was increased in the stearic acid fed group compared to all other groups by dual-energy x-ray absorptiometry. Dietary stearic acid significantly reduced serum glucose compared to all other diets and increased monocyte chemotactic protein-1 (MCP-1) compared to the low fat control. The low fat control diet had increased serum leptin compared to all other diets. To investigate possible mechanisms whereby stearic acid reduced visceral fat we used 3T3L1 fibroblasts/preadipocytes. Stearic acid had no direct effects on the process of differentiation or on the viability of mature adipocytes. However, unlike oleic acid and linoleic acid, stearic acid caused increased apoptosis (programmed cell death) and cytotoxicity in preadipocytes. The apoptosis was, at least in part, due to increased caspase-3 activity and was associated with decreased cellular inhibitor of apoptosis protein-2 (cIAP2) and increased Bax gene expression. In conclusion, dietary stearic acid leads to dramatically reduced visceral fat likely by causing the apoptosis of preadipocytes."

"...Serum glucose was decreased in the stearic acid diet group compared to other diets while serum insulin and adiponectin levels did not change significantly, which is not definitive but certainly consistent with improved insulin sensitivity. Serum leptin was decreased in the dietary stearic acid group. Leptin is released from adipocytes and suppresses appetite via receptors in the hypothalamus. It is possible that the observed increased food intake in the dietary stearic acid group may be due to decreased leptin. It should also be noted that increased leptin has been associated with obesity as well as promoting breast cancer growth and increasing angiogenesis [the formation of new blood vessels] [25]. Thus the decreases in leptin and glucose may be beneficial effects especially when combined with no difference in overall body weight and insulin, reduced VAT and increased total body lean mass were seen in mice on the stearic acid diet. Nevertheless, these results are not definitive but rather provide rationale for a more in depth study.

During Stress 95% of americans release PUFA and the cycle perpetuates.
Normal Humans who never was around much PUFA and ate the tallow/suet of animals during development. Release palamtic/Steraic acid and the stress is quickly quinced.

Start lathering yourself with warm tallow/cocoa butter and feel the warmth in your toes 30 minutes later.

Never try to eat tallow or cocoa butter by itself though. Much to hard to digest, it must come with alot of protein will crawl through you. Best get it from the fattiest beef you can find. Topical easier.

Epistrophy

I was just reading this study and not sure if anyone posted the photos of the inguinal fat of the mice, but it is profound how much less fat there is with the stearic acid group.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-07-01 at 11.20.41 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-01 at 11.20.41 AM.png
    78.8 KB · Views: 207

Vinny

I was just reading this study and not sure if anyone posted the photos of the inguinal fat of the mice, but it is profound how much less fat there is with the stearic acid group.
Am I seeing it right, that the low fat diet (1st picture on the left) made them morbidly obese?
If yes, how's that possible? What did they feed them, sugar only?

Epistrophy

Am I seeing it right, that the low fat diet (1st picture on the left) made them morbidly obese?
If yes, how's that possible? What did they feed them, sugar only?
The low fat feed mice had 5% corn oil in their diet. That tells us a lot of the problem with PUFA, especially corn oil! Mazola is not so great for us after all, haha

Vinny

The low fat feed mice had 5% corn oil in their diet. That tells us a lot of the problem with PUFA, especially corn oil! Mazola is not so great for us after all, haha
Only 5% corn oil did THIS to them? Unbelievable!
The human race is in trouble...

Epistrophy

Only 5% corn oil did THIS to them? Unbelievable!
The human race is in trouble...
I am sure mice in a lab a very vulnerable to diet changes. It is amazing that humans can be resilient to numerous things. I mean I know people who eat garbage food but, they work out and have lean mass. Then me who got a few treatments from an osteopath and then bam my body is out of whack and I was eating a good diet and working out to just keep up strength not for aesthetics. On the other hand seeing the inside of the mice is mind-blowing and can only wonder what humans insides look like as well.

A.R

Found an easy, potentially viable source of stearic acid - glycerol monostearate - as mentioned in Katie's Story - Fire In A Bottle.
Will you be trying the supplement?

It’s readily available here in UK and cheap

EnergeticLeo

Will you be trying the supplement?

It’s readily available here in UK and cheap

Earlier I had ordered some stearic acid from https://fireinabottle.net/, so I will try that first. If that doesn't work, then the GMS is certainty an option. I wonder what @haidut thinks about GMS.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals