Increased Protein Intake And Meal Frequency Reduces Abdominal Fat

Discussion in 'Scientific Studies' started by Milky, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Milky

Milky Member

Increased Protein Intake and Meal Frequency Reduces Abdominal Fat During Energy Balance and Energy Deficit
    The group that ate 35% of their calories as protein 6 times a day (25-32g at each meal according to the meal plan) lost more total body fat and abdominal fat AND actually gained lean body mass (LBM) compared to 2 other groups who ate 15% protein and 35% protein over 3 meals instead of 6. The 35% protein/3-meal a day group lost the most overall body weight, but that included some LBM loss.

I am currently doing a variation of this approach by eating a cup of non-fat Greek yogurt (Fage 0%) with fruit/honey 3 times a day in addition to my regular meals and I've been keeping fat at 50g a day or less, mostly from cheese and eggs. I also walk on the treadmill while watching Netflix for 45 min. to 1 hour a day 4-5 days a week and I do some lightweight high-rep strength training just 2 times a week. I started out January 15th at 231 lbs and am down to 216 lbs as of yesterday (I'm a 6'0" male btw), and feel like I've gained some muscle in the process as well, so I think it's working!

2. EIRE24

EIRE24 Member

What does the rest of the diet look like?

3. drk

drk Member

great insight. Did you reduce caloric intake?

4. nomoreketones

nomoreketones Member

Anyone have a scoop of whey protein with each meal?

5. mmartian

mmartian Member

I've had some decent results with a scoop of whey protein in a morning shake -- noticed less water retention, especially in face/neck. After a few days it started to constipate me though, which affects my sleeping. Thinking of trying some casein protein to see if it has similar positive effects without the constipation. Anyone have any experience with protein powders and constipation?

6. ecstatichamster

ecstatichamster Member

Magnesium and cascara should help. Also fruit. I eat a lot of cooked fruit.

7. Gascon

Gascon Member

The question is : when you go upper than 90-100g, what do you get that BCAAS don't bring you ?

8. superhuman

superhuman Member

@ecstatichamster what fruits and how do you cook them? ive always wanted to try that since i love fruit but i prefer them raw because i feel it tastes better?

9. ecstatichamster

ecstatichamster Member

Frozen fruit I buy. Peaches mangoes tangerines blueberries cranberries

Add lots of sugar and roast in an oven at 320f. For maybe 90 minutes until completely soft.

10. superhuman

superhuman Member

@ecstatichamster thats really cool. After that how do you eat it? with milk or? Do you just put it in a pan or something and in the oven?

11. ecstatichamster

ecstatichamster Member

i eat it plain or in yogurt, or in protein shakes

12. Iceman2016

Iceman2016 Member

What type of magnesium do recommend that isn't irritating to the stomach and can be taken in large quantities? I currently take magnesium citrate but can't have more than one capsule at a time. I've also heard that citrate isn't great for metabolic reasons.