Total And Full-Fat, But Not Low-Fat, Dairy Product Intakes Are Inversely Associated With Metabolic S

What makes a person so repetitive? And yet, so inconclusive?

Why so rude? Sorry that Ray Peat's views on milkfat makes you upset. If you're looking for someone to tell you to drink all of the whole milk and cream you want daily then go read Sally Fallon and WAP folk. I post Ray Peat quotes on "The Ray Peat Forum" that are related to the threads direct topic. There are new people who come here every day who are coming for the exact purpose of learning about Ray Peat. Fallon and WAP would never recommend low fat milk like Peat does. You've seen the quotes before. Great. New people haven't.

chispas

Why so rude? Sorry that Ray Peat's views on milkfat makes you upset. If you're looking for someone to tell you to drink all of the whole milk and cream you want daily then go read Sally Fallon and WAP folk. I post Ray Peat quotes on "The Ray Peat Forum" that are related to the threads direct topic. There are new people who come here every day who are coming for the exact purpose of learning about Ray Peat. Fallon and WAP would never recommend low fat milk like Peat does. No one cares that you've seen the quotes before. New people haven't.

I don't care about what anyone recommends. Only what their experience has been. I think some of those folks you mentioned are dead, so who cares.

What has your experience actually been? Sharing that is enough.

I don't care about what anyone recommends. Only what their experience has been. I think some of those folks you mentioned are dead, so who cares.

What has your experience actually been? Sharing that is enough.

My experience with milkfat has been those Peat quotes. There's been a trend for a few years now in the alt-nutrition world of promoting whole milk and all dairy fat from butter and cream and cheese as a food that can be consumed in unlimited amounts and you will not gain body fat. This is one reason why I like Peat, because he disagrees with that nonsense. The fact that Peat personally consumes 1% milk is something that is so against everyone in the alt-nutrition world.

Last edited:

chrismeyers

Skim milk isnt really a processed food, its basically just milk they stir really fast to make the fat rise and pluck out the watery part. So I dont think skim or reduced fat milk has any particular profound impact in the way that people on the extreme ends of both sides think. On one side you have people telling you Oh Skim milk is horrible and materially different from whole milk and will make you die. BS. And on the otherside you have people who claim milk fat will kill you. Nonsense on both sides. Most important thing is to find a good organic 100% grass fed milk and go with whatever fat level you prefer.

J

James IV

Fat doesn't make you fatter than carbs. If you eat more calories than your body can utilize, you will store them as fat. This has been shown in controlled lab setting with humans (not rats) many times.

If you are actually monitoring calories, 1000 extra calories of fat, will not make you fatter than 1000 extra calories of carbs.
The advantage of severely limiting a primary energy macro (fat, or carbs) is that palatability and food choices will be greatly reduced, and you will eat less. This is exactly what the folks in the ultra low carb and ultra low fat camps mean when they say eat "unlimited" amounts. They mean you can eat as much as you care for, because the majority of people will lose appetite when restricting a macro. It's a purposefully misleading statement for marketing purposes, but it does tend to be the case for most people.

Peat drinks low fat milk because he gets most of his protein from milk. So to acquire that same amount of protein from whole milk would significantly increase his CALORIE intake.

There is no statistically significant change in metabolic rate that will magically bump up your BMR by avoiding any macro. Limiting PUFA and toxins will decrease inflammation so you will carry less edema. The main thing that increases BMR is muscle or weight in general; Heavily muscled and/or fat people having higher BMR than thin people.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gadsie

^ agree with the above. When I was WAPF I drank a gallon of whole milk a day. Now I only drink 0 or1,5% milk but added a bunch of rice and potatoes. I have slightly lost bodyfat but not much at all. I also just simply cut calories.

OP
W

Wagner83

Intake of carbohydrates compared with intake of saturated fatty acids and risk of myocardial infarction: importance of the glycemic index. - PubMed - NCBI
DESIGN:
Our prospective cohort study included 53,644 women and men free of MI at baseline.

RESULTS:
During a median of 12 y of follow-up, 1943 incident MI cases occurred. There was a nonsignificant inverse association between substitution of carbohydrates with low-GI values for SFAs and risk of MI [hazard ratio (HR) for MI per 5% increment of energy intake from carbohydrates: 0.88; 95% CI: 0.72, 1.07). In contrast, there was a statistically significant positive association between substitution of carbohydrates with high-GI values for SFAs and risk of MI (HR: 1.33; 95% CI: 1.08, 1.64). There was no association for carbohydrates with medium-GI values (HR: 0.98; 95% CI: 0.80, 1.21). No effect modification by sex was observed.

CONCLUSION:
This study suggests that replacing SFAs with carbohydrates with low-GI values is associated with a lower risk of MI, whereas replacing SFAs with carbohydrates with high-GI values is associated with a higher risk of MI.
Carbohydrate substitution for fat or protein and risk of type 2 diabetes in male smokers. - PubMed - NCBI

CONCLUSION:
Higher carbohydrate intake at the expense of fat, attributable to trans and saturated fatty acids, or protein was associated with decreased diabetes risk. Replacing fat or protein with lower-GI carbohydrates was not more beneficial than replacing it with higher-GI carbohydrates.
A prospective study of dietary glycemic load, carbohydrate intake, and risk of coronary heart disease in US women. - PubMed - NCBI
RESULTS:
During 10 y of follow-up (729472 person-years), 761 cases of CHD (208 fatal and 553 nonfatal) were documented. Dietary glycemic load was directly associated with risk of CHD after adjustment for age, smoking status, total energy intake, and other coronary disease risk factors. The relative risks from the lowest to highest quintiles of glycemic load were 1.00, 1.01, 1. 25, 1.51, and 1.98 (95% CI: 1.41, 2.77 for the highest quintile; P for trend < 0.0001). Carbohydrate classified by glycemic index, as opposed to its traditional classification as either simple or complex, was a better predictor of CHD risk. The association between dietary glycemic load and CHD risk was most evident among women with body weights above average ¿ie, body mass index (in kg/m(2)) >/= 23.

CONCLUSION:
These epidemiologic data suggest that a high dietary glycemic load from refined carbohydrates increases the risk of CHD, independent of known coronary disease risk factors.

Gotta love pubmed.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals