Dietary Stearic Acid Reduces Visceral Fat By 70% And Increases Lean Mass

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Update: Another Crash

Had another night filled with adrenaline surges waking me up every other hour, even though I ingested it around noon.

Wonder if this increased the release of free-fatty-acids? That would explain the ED and tanked libido (increase estrogen).

Finally used 1G of aspirin (after trying 5G of taurine + juice without any results) to get back to sleep.

One strange side-effect: I had to drink a ton of juice/milk just to reduce stress, even though I wasn't at all hungry, but I never had any digestive issues.

Looks like I'll need to work on my blood sugar before trying this again.

I don't think it is an estrogen issue, it could be more of an intestinal irritation due to undigested fat. Try dissolving the SA fully in a hot liquid like soup so that there are no intact flakes left and then drink it. Btw, I get the same reaction from taking too much thyroid before sleep - I can't sleep and toss and turn sweating for hours.

InChristAlone

Update: Another Crash

Had another night filled with adrenaline surges waking me up every other hour, even though I ingested it around noon.

Wonder if this increased the release of free-fatty-acids? That would explain the ED and tanked libido (increase estrogen).

Finally used 1G of aspirin (after trying 5G of taurine + juice without any results) to get back to sleep.

One strange side-effect: I had to drink a ton of juice/milk just to reduce stress, even though I wasn't at all hungry, but I never had any digestive issues.

Looks like I'll need to work on my blood sugar before trying this again.
Sounds more like you aren't digesting it. Anything that doesn't digest well for me leads to adrenaline surges at night.

Nokoni

@theLaw Sorry to hear about your reactions. And I'm also a little amazed. I've been eating it every day for months without noticeable effect. Initially I had a few problems, like I ate 10 tablespoons in one morning on probably day 2. That didn't work out so well at all. But I do think it may not be digested much as a solid. As Haidut said, separate the solids into individual fat molecules somehow and the gut has a better chance. Not sure it will help much with hot water though. Don't think it will mix, but instead just float, and maybe even re-coalesce, "re-freeze", if you will, in the gut. It melts way above body temperature. That's why I cook it with a little sugar and butter to make fudge. The stearic acid molecules should be separated by the other ingredients, and thereby facilitate digestion. Seems to work well.

theLaw

Thanks for the feedback - great suggestions!:D

Another strange side effect: My vision has been unusually clear today.

theLaw

Quick Update:

I've lowered the dose to 1 tsp for breakfast and lunch, and my temps are steady 98.6-99.0 throughout the day for the first time ever.

Unfortunately, melting the pellets just doesn't work even in boiling water, sugar, or other fat. It turns to solid as soon as it starts to cool. I just melt it in the microwave as much as possible with water/sugar, and drink it.

I increased my salt, taurine, and caffeine intake to try to make sure it's all digested, and my sleep is improving each night.

Also, my libido is up, and it appears my estrogen is falling , while I have not taken Pansterone/Andosterone in a few days.

Finally, this has given me a voracious appetite for fluids, and last night I drank a gallon of milk/oj over about 5hrs.

Honestly, if this causes significant weight loss, I'm surprised that the diet industry isn't selling this and just printing money.:pill::pill::pill:

Last edited:

YourUniverse

@theLaw Sorry to hear about your reactions. And I'm also a little amazed. I've been eating it every day for months without noticeable effect. Initially I had a few problems, like I ate 10 tablespoons in one morning on probably day 2. That didn't work out so well at all. But I do think it may not be digested much as a solid. As Haidut said, separate the solids into individual fat molecules somehow and the gut has a better chance. Not sure it will help much with hot water though. Don't think it will mix, but instead just float, and maybe even re-coalesce, "re-freeze", if you will, in the gut. It melts way above body temperature. That's why I cook it with a little sugar and butter to make fudge. The stearic acid molecules should be separated by the other ingredients, and thereby facilitate digestion. Seems to work well.
Is it reasonable to make this fudge with shea butter?

Just to emphasise humans cannot metabolise stearic acid the way rodents can.
You have a source for this sir?
Octadecanoic acid does have minor health benefits in humans, but very limited, there are far better fatty acids .
Arachidonic acid
for example, considered to both help fat loss and build muscle , and a supplement I have found to be very effective.
Awesome, thnx.
Goodbye butter, hello Arachidonic Acid on training days ^_^'

rei

How do you think pre-mixing it helps? I mean it is thoroughly mixed and soaked in liquid and acid before it even gets to digestion, and bile etc enter the mix. It will be thoroughly absorbed as long as it does not contain a hard ti dissolve shell.

theLaw

theLaw

@theLaw It melts way above body temperature. That's why I cook it with a little sugar and butter to make fudge. The stearic acid molecules should be separated by the other ingredients, and thereby facilitate digestion. Seems to work well.

Hey Don,

Can you post your fudge recipe using SA? Thanks!:D

theLaw

Interesting test today:

Temp = 98.0 upon waking

Then morning egg + oj + 200mg caffeine powder (plus 4G glycine) + 4 drops Tyromix. Temp after 20min = 98.0

Added SA (6G) + 3T sugar + 6G Butter in water. Temp after 20min = 98.5

Nokoni

Hey Don,

Can you post your fudge recipe using SA?
To my surprise that’s not going to be possible. I outsourced the actual mixing and heating and whatnot to a housemate with vastly more experience in kitchen-related activities. Under interrogation pursuant to your request, however, it slowly became apparent that a somewhat massive amount of winging it was a standard part of the procedure.

Here’s what we know: The original fudge recipe (non-SA) came from the internet and is no longer extant, though a much-stained holographic transcription of sorts with unknown emendations survives, along with a few now-indecipherable hieroglyphs on a separate scrap related to the addition of SA. So basically the ingredients are known but to phony up anything more in terms of amounts or cooking times would constitute an egregious deception.

As a substitute I’ll just offer up an abridgement of the original conversation we had about making fudge with SA.

Me: What do you put in your delicious fudge.

Cook: Cocoa powder, powdered sugar, butter, milk, and vanilla.

Me: Great. Let’s do an experiment. Make the same recipe, but drop out the butter and put the same amount of SA.

Cook: OK.

Me (sometime later, gobbling a piece of delicious fudge): So this is with no butter and SA instead?

Cook: Well I put some butter so that [insert unintelligible syllables that must relate to making it actually cook-able].

Me: So what proportions of SA and butter did you use?

Cook: About ¾ SA and ¼ butter.

(NB that the previous 2 lines are condensed from maybe 5 minutes of trying to get at it.)

So I had delicious fudge with SA, and it was reproducible with considerable fidelity. After some time I asked that the sugar amount be cut in half. The result, to my taste, was even more delicious, like maybe dark chocolate fudge. So I asked that the sugar amount be cut in half again. This resulted in fudge with a notably different consistency, stick-to-the-teeth gooey rather than hard. At the time I attributed the difference to the reduction in sugar but now suppose that the winging-it factor played a larger role. But at this point, for me, it’s academic. I noticed that Mitolipin appears to have some form of SA hooked to a phosphatidylcholine or whatever such that it will put it directly into my mitochondria, which is where I want it anyhow, all with no added sugar at all, so that’s what I do now.

So how to proceed? Get an internet fudge recipe, the simpler the better. Substitute SA for butter to whatever extent. Profit.

Also, sorry for the delay.

And @jamies33, I’ve heard of shea butter, but you’ll be much better served to ask someone who actually knows what it is and also knows how to cook. And again, sorry for the delay.

SQu

To my surprise that’s not going to be possible. I outsourced the actual mixing and heating and whatnot to a housemate with vastly more experience in kitchen-related activities. Under interrogation pursuant to your request, however, it slowly became apparent that a somewhat massive amount of winging it was a standard part of the procedure.

:): Your housemate is from the same school of cooking as I am. But I'm impressed. Sugar is tricky to work with and often misbehaves randomly and spectacularly. To sum up, sugar syrup is the culprit, so recipes that call for adding fat or milk to the sugar early on are safer.

So how to proceed? Get an internet fudge recipe, the simpler the better. Substitute SA for butter to whatever extent. Profit.

I don't have my SA yet but made fudge according to a Googled recipe - Carnation fudge. It worked very well. When I get my SA I'll try it.

Nokoni

Your housemate is from the same school of cooking as I am.
Yeah, we were laughing about this yesterday. You people who know how to cook are amazing. I tried it once. I like A. I like B. Yeah, put it in the same pan. Oof. Straight to the garbage. I've got to follow a recipe like it's a chemistry experiment. Or better yet, "Housemate, would you make me an egg?"

But the fudge with SA tasted very very good. I predict you'll have great success :)

I have been eating a lot of white chocolate lately. I think it does stop me from losing weight. And it is remarkably addictive for me.

Tarmander

I do not use it anymore. I switched to Cocoa Butter, however it started affecting my blood sugars negatively, and I had a high A1c reading. Cocoa butter was the only thing I could think of that was affecting it, so I cut it out. When I get my next blood test, I will know if it caused it.
Just to circle back around on this, my most recent A1C was 1.2 points lower than my last after cutting out cocoa butter. I started using more olive oil, so perhaps that affected it, but cocoa butter is not for me!

TripleOG

Got my 1lb SA pack over the weekend. You guys weren't lying. Figuring out how to blend this with other items is hard. Tried the earlier "fudge" recipes. No go. Tried to fluff it as if I was making lotion. No go. What a mess. :): Eventually threw the beads into a blender and went until a fine powder was produced. Took 5g of this with food. Temps shot to 99.0 for the next couple hours. I'm usually low 98. Good stuff. Will keep an eye on digestion.

rei

Cocoa butter in coffee is an easy way to ingest large amounts of stearic acid, and IMO it is the best tasting fat for coffee. I would guess pure SA would also melt easily.

edit: hot milk is also good with cocoa butter, but it needs something for taste. I usually use flavored protein powder.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals