Dietary Stearic Acid Reduces Visceral Fat By 70% And Increases Lean Mass

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I got some stearyl alcohol and also see the pellets in my stool. @haidut do you take it with or without food? I tried with.

The pellets are hard to digest but some products come as flakes and those seem to digest quite well.

caliwom

I bought the stearyl alcohol and received it yesterday. Opened the package and took about 1/2 teaspoon in mouth and chewed it. I warmed up immediately and had felt an increase in energy. Even after chewing I saw some undigested pieces in toilet. Today I heated about 1/4 cup stearyl alcohol with equal amount coconut oil. Still, weird consistency. Added about 1/4 cup simple syrup and perhaps 2 or 3 tablespoons cocoa powder. Heated up again and it worked! A fudge like consistency that tastes good!

Vinero

Frying mushrooms and zucchini in cocoa butter, with some rice and milk makes me sleepy and relaxed afterwards.
Seems like the cocoa butter lowers my cortisol.

Broken man

Hello all, I tried eating bar of 90% chocolate Lindt for 4 days. Positive things were that I had alot of energy, motivation and better skin but problem is that I hadnt bowel movement for 3 days. I tried alot of things because I felt increasing pressure inside my belly. Only thing that helped me was high dose of taurine. I was searching and found this. Cocoa Butter- Yes Or No?

Kartoffel

Hello all, I tried eating bar of 90% chocolate Lindt for 4 days. Positive things were that I had alot of energy, motivation and better skin but problem is that I hadnt bowel movement for 3 days. I tried alot of things because I felt increasing pressure inside my belly. Only thing that helped me was high dose of taurine. I was searching and found this. Cocoa Butter- Yes Or No?

I doubt that the constipation has anything to do with the fatty acids in cocoa butter. Dark chocolate contains a very large amount of fiber, and I think that is most likely responsible for your symptoms

Broken man

I doubt that the constipation has anything to do with the fatty acids in cocoa butter. Dark chocolate contains a very large amount of fiber, and I think that is most likely responsible for your symptoms
I have celiac disease, search for "chocolate constipation ibs", you will find that alot of people with gastrointestinal diseases have problem with chocolate.

Kartoffel

I have celiac disease, search for "chocolate constipation ibs", you will find that alot of people with gastrointestinal diseases have problem with chocolate.

Yes, and I just said why I think that's so. Fiber is detrimental to anyone with gastrointestinal problems.

Kartoffel

Sorry, I got it... :D

No problem. Maybe you want to try something else than Lindt chocolate. I found that I have no problems with pure, organic cocoa powder (20% cocoa butter) that I mix into my hot milk or homemade ice cream. I think in small amounts the benefits of things like stearic acid, theobromine, etc. should outweight the potential fiber issues for someone with gastrointestinal problems.

Broken man

No problem. Maybe you want to try something else than Lindt chocolate. I found that I have no problems with pure, organic cocoa powder (20% cocoa butter) that I mix into my hot milk or homemade ice cream. I think in small amounts the benefits of things like stearic acid, theobromine, etc. should outweight the potential fiber issues for someone with gastrointestinal problems.
Thank you, thats good idea, I am using beef tallow for stearic acid now but I must find some alternative because I love chocolate.

Tarmander

are you still using this?

I do not use it anymore. I switched to Cocoa Butter, however it started affecting my blood sugars negatively, and I had a high A1c reading. Cocoa butter was the only thing I could think of that was affecting it, so I cut it out. When I get my next blood test, I will know if it caused it.

Last edited:

theLaw

First Day:

Ordered SA (white flakes) from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0050LKJ6Y/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I took 1T (10G) at lunch and 1T (10G) at dinner. More like pellets and didn't dissolve easily.

After a few minutes I started to feel a burst of energy that lasted for the next couple of hours. One minor side effect: I have a smaller flaccid hang when my progesterone rises (with too much caffeine) or with undigested material (gelatin), and this happened immediately following lunch.

I then took another 1T with dinner, which was apparently a huge mistake. This was the worst night of sleep that I've had in many months, and the stress response was nearly identical to high-dose niacinamide/caffeine. Heart racing, restlessness and sweating, but zero appetite.

Bowel movement in the morning showed pellets left intact.

I'll try a much smaller dose next time, after I get a day of recovery.

@haidut Any Ideas on what caused this?

Nokoni

First Day:

Ordered SA (white flakes) from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0050LKJ6Y/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I took 1T (10G) at lunch and 1T (10G) at dinner. More like pellets and didn't dissolve easily.

After a few minutes I started to feel a burst of energy that lasted for the next couple of hours. One minor side effect: I have a smaller flaccid hang when my progesterone rises (with too much caffeine) or with undigested material (gelatin), and this happened immediately following lunch.

I then took another 1T with dinner, which was apparently a huge mistake. This was the worst night of sleep that I've had in many months, and the stress response was nearly identical to high-dose niacinamide/caffeine. Heart racing, restlessness and sweating, but zero appetite.

One possibility is overwhelming the supply of bile, or maybe it just needs to be cooked in with food. I make fudge with it, have a bit after every meal.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
First Day:

As @Don said, it may be just too much SA for the organism to handle. I also have trouble sleeping when I take a larger dose SA, but during the day it does give the energy boost and rise in temps as you mentioned. These days I only take 1T on days when I know I will be drinking alcohol or there will be a lot of PUFA in the diet that I cannot avoid (family gatherings or work/business events).

theLaw

Day two:

1t (around 3.3G) SA with lunch.

+Very focused relaxed energy

+Sharper vision

+Temps and pulse up slightly

Note: It appears that my libido/ED symptoms might be from estrogen, so not sure if this product was responsible for that. I recently added significantly more sat-fat to my diet, so the SA could have been the tipping point. :banghead:

From this point forward, no more than 20% fat max from all sources per Peat's suggestion about digestion.:cool:

Note 2: I really have to feed this thing to keep stress at bay, even at a single teaspoon.

Last edited:

theLaw

Update: Another Crash

Had another night filled with adrenaline surges waking me up every other hour, even though I ingested it around noon.

Wonder if this increased the release of free-fatty-acids? That would explain the ED and tanked libido (increase estrogen).

Finally used 1G of aspirin (after trying 5G of taurine + juice without any results) to get back to sleep.

One strange side-effect: I had to drink a ton of juice/milk just to reduce stress, even though I wasn't at all hungry, but I never had any digestive issues.

Looks like I'll need to work on my blood sugar before trying this again.