Just 20g Stearic Acid Daily Improves Cardiovascular Health In Human Males

lvysaur

Raw, uncooked, unpreserved, ripe olives. It´s a special technic, kind of a secret. Few people know.

Where do you even find such things? Do you live in greece or something?

miki14

Where do you even find such things? Do you live in greece or something?

A few producer in Spain & Greece offer these olives. Not cheap but delicious. For a few years I was a little bit addicted to them. Very powerful food!

lvysaur

A few producer in Spain & Greece offer these olives. Not cheap but delicious. For a few years I was a little bit addicted to them. Very powerful food!

So you live there? Any chance you could link me to the product website?

Travis

It could even be than stearic acid in a way. The shorter chained saturated fatty acids like palmitate (160) and myristate (140) are attached to the sn-1 position of cell membrane phospholipids, and hence cannot displace arachidonic acid (204) which occupies exclusively the sn-2 position (long position). Stearic acid is long enough to do this, and also the only fatty acid consistently found protective against cancer. The short chained fatty acids aren't correlated with cancer—being burned too quickly—and the one consistently found most correlated with cancer is linoleic acid, being a precursor for arachidonic acid (204). Since arachidic acid (200) is two carbons longer than stearic and the same length as arachidonic acid (204), I think it would be logical to assume it would displace arachidonic acid even more. But as a minor dietary component and not found in most oils to any great extent, there doesn't appear to be even one study on this. But it is safe, as durian-eating primates and Malaysian people can attest.

miki14

I lived in France and a friend imported them. In Spain I just picked them from the tree. Now I´m less into it. There is a producer who offers raw olives, slightly salted in Germany. Google Vita verde.

chimdp

It could even be than stearic acid in a way. The shorter chained saturated fatty acids like palmitate (160) and myristate (140) are attached to the sn-1 position of cell membrane phospholipids, and hence cannot displace arachidonic acid (204) which occupies exclusively the sn-2 position (long position). Stearic acid is long enough to do this, and also the only fatty acid consistently found protective against cancer. The short chained fatty acids aren't correlated with cancer—being burned too quickly—and the one consistently found most correlated with cancer is linoleic acid, being a precursor for arachidonic acid (204). Since arachidic acid (200) is two carbons longer than stearic and the same length as arachidonic acid (204), I think it would be logical to assume it would displace arachidonic acid even more. But as a minor dietary component and not found in most oils to any great extent, there doesn't appear to be even one study on this. But it is safe, as durian-eating primates and Malaysian people can attest.

Seems like the below would be the best source if anyone was wanting to try getting more arachidic acid... It's pretty high in Stearic Acid as well. Anyone see any concerns with this butter?

Cupuaçu butter[edit]
Cupuaçu butter is a triglyceride composed of saturated and unsaturated fatty acids, giving the butter a low melting point (approximately 30 °C) and texture of a soft solid, lending its use as a confectionery resembling white chocolate.[1] Main fatty acid components of cupuaçu butter are stearic acid (38%), oleic acid (38%), palmitic acid (11%) and arachidic acid (7%).[10]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cupuaçu

miki14

I´ve spent some time in Malaysia and ate lots of Durian. It raises the temperature quite alot. Local Chinese call Durian a "heaty" food. Durian graveolens is quite waxy and less sweet.

Travis

I´ve spent some time in Malaysia and ate lots of Durian. It raises the temperature quite alot. Local Chinese call Durian a "heaty" food. Durian graveolens is quite waxy and less sweet.
Durians are good; I think many people in the United States can get turned off because they don't stay well through transport, and just assume that all durians are like that. Sometimes they can be really good, but sometimes not; it all depends on how there were shipped. Jackfruit seems a bit less prone to shipping time and temperature, yet these two appear to be somewhat vulnerable.

I think it should be known that persimmons from Asia ship well are always good.

Glassy

Going even deeper, you can get 1kg stearic acid for roughly the same cost as cocoa butter. I feel like a more "whole" product would be better than the isolated source though.

I have no doubts in my mind that an added 1200 calories a day of chocolate to my diet would cause me to get fatter. Feel free to experiment and let me know. :D

I guess it depends on what chocolate you’re eating. The 85% dark chocolate I have is 50% fat so that yields 17.5g (assuming 34.5% stearic acid) for 600 cals. You’d have to eat 50g of cacao butter to get that 17.5g dose for a total of 450 cals (assuming 9 cals per gram). That’s a lot of chocolate or cacao butter each day either way but I think I’d enjoy the chocolate more. It would be an interesting experiment to run for a week or two to see what your body would do with it. Maybe Vinero’s idea of half chocolate half cacao butter would work better (dark chocolate us very satiating). Maybe the stearic acid in cacao butter is like coconut oil in that it raises you metabolism.

David PS

David PS

Do you know a dark chocolate that is safe?
No, I do not know of any.
I suspect that chocolate is generally recognized as safe and so there are no analysis and reporting requirements.

miki14

I always had to take a break from chocolate & cocoa as it gave me skin problems after a while (chromium toxicity from cocoa is appearently a possibility). With cocoa butter plus creme in my coffee my craving for cocoa & co is almost gone. Are there questionable things in cocoa butter that one should worry about? Anybody who has made experience with pure stearic acid recently, apart from haidut?

Obi-wan

I bought a 3 pound bag of stearic acid flakes but think I wasted my money. Tried to heat it up and do transdermal but it does not absorb on the skin and hardens into a wax like texture quickly. Next I put it in hot coffee but still choke on some of the flakes. I will continue with Cacao butter transdermal and Cacao powder in my coffee

Glassy

I bought a 3 pound bag of stearic acid flakes but think I wasted my money. Tried to heat it up and do transdermal but it does not absorb on the skin and hardens into a wax like texture quickly. Next I put it in hot coffee but still choke on some of the flakes. I will continue with Cacao butter transdermal and Cacao powder in my coffee

I wonder if you can heat and blend it with some coconut oil or mct to get it into a more useable form?

Obi-wan

rei

I'm confused. You already tried the smaller molecule stearic and found it non-absorbed and even hard to melt in coffee. Now you go for an even harder version?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals