Eating 12 Eggs A Week Does Not Increase Risk Of Heart Disease

haidut

This study probably won't come as surprise to forum users given what Ray has said and written about cholesterol. Without much fanfare, after more than 60 years of officially demonizing cholesterol in 2017 the FDA quietly reversed its position on recommending avoiding cholesterol. However, to this day, statins are prescribed to every patient with a risk for CVD or already having one. So, the official reversal of public health policy by FDA seems to have had no effect on pharma shills and official medical practices.
Oh, and btw the patients in this study were either pre- or- diabetic - i.e. people for whom cholesterol should have been extremely dangerous as per FDA's prior policy.

Effect of a high-egg diet on cardiometabolic risk factors in people with type 2 diabetes: the Diabetes and Egg (DIABEGG) Study—randomized weight-loss and follow-up phase | The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition | Oxford Academic
https://sydney.edu.au/news-opinion/...humbs-up-for-people-with-type-2-diabetes.html
https://sydney.edu.au/news-opinion/...iovascular-risk--despite-conflicting-adv.html

"...University of Sydney researchers aim to help clear up conflicting dietary advice around egg consumption, as a new study finds eating up to 12 eggs per week for a year did not increase cardiovascular risk factors in people with pre-diabetes and type 2 diabetes. Published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition today, the research extends on a previous study that found similar results over a period of three months. Led by Dr Nick Fuller from the University’s Boden Institute of Obesity, Nutrition, Exercise and Eating Disorders at the Charles Perkins Centre, the research was conducted with the University of Sydney’s Sydney Medical School and the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital. In the initial trial, participants aimed to maintain their weight while embarking on a high-egg (12 eggs per week) or low-egg (less than two eggs per week) diet, with no difference in cardiovascular risk markers identified at the end of three months. The same participants then embarked on a weight loss diet for an additional three months, while continuing their high or low egg consumption. For a further six months – up to 12 months in total – participants were followed up by researchers and continued their high or low egg intake. At all stages, both groups showed no adverse changes in cardiovascular risk markers and achieved equivalent weight loss – regardless of their level of egg consumption, Dr Fuller explained."

J

jb116

Im eating 4-5 everyday :D Im more worried about PUFA than cholesterol tbh
I wouldn't fret over it too too much. The pufa aspect with good, whole foods is not a linear thing. Keeping metabolism high is more important
and fair ratios of fat. So keeping to good ratios and keeping metabolism high comes from nutrients. Eggs are definitely on that list of nutrient dense food
along with its amazing cholesterol. The body, with good metabolism, will safely rid of pufa. ..compared to eating pufa rich and also nutrient-less foods, tilting the scales unfavorably.

haidut

What about 14?

I don't see why not. I my experience, people who eat 2-3 eggs daily are some of the healthiest people I know. Just 2 extra eggs is not that much more. Besides, it is the cholesterol that made eggs "risky" food in FDA's eyes and the FDA no longer claims dietary cholesterol is dangerous.

tca300

I don't see why not. I my experience, people who eat 2-3 eggs daily are some of the healthiest people I know. Just 2 extra eggs is not that much more. Besides, it is the cholesterol that made eggs "risky" food in FDA's eyes and the FDA no longer claims dietary cholesterol is dangerous.
I'm sorry to have encouraged you to respond. I was trying to be silly, but your response will undoubtedly help someone looking in.

bzmazu

I get my choice of "local" eggs here...chicken or duck...been eating at least one duck egg per day...super nutritious!

L

lollipop

I wouldn't fret over it too too much. The pufa aspect with good, whole foods is not a linear thing. Keeping metabolism high is more important
and fair ratios of fat. So keeping to good ratios and keeping metabolism high comes from nutrients. Eggs are definitely on that list of nutrient dense food
along with its amazing cholesterol. The body, with good metabolism, will safely rid of pufa. ..compared to eating pufa rich and also nutrient-less foods, tilting the scales unfavorably.
+1 Similar to my thoughts.

ubiety

Good news and helps justify my daily 2+ egg intake. I find it difficult to get enough good quality protein and with digestive issues with dairy I eat more chicken, pork, and beef than I should.

dand

I am thinking of trying Gironda’s egg
Shakes with a Peat twist. Work up to 12 raw eggs a day :). Gironda advocated 36 eggs a day and 2lbs of steak. Absolute animal, lol.