Fats High In Stearic Acid Improve Hemoglobin, Lowers LDL Cholesterol

natedawggh

I've been using some cocoa butter and beef tallow in my diet, and I've noticed some positive health effects including a continual thickening and darkening of my hair, in addition to more body warmth (especially at night). I also have had such a reduction in the leukoplakia that has continued to plague me I almost can't see it anymore (leukoplakia is a common symptom of certain cancers, like my thyroid cancer). The cocoa butter seems to increase my waist fat easily, however (the tallow not so much), so I have been cycling on and off every few days.

This study remarks how high stearic acid content increases hemoglobin (the authors assume that the increased hemoglobin is merely an increase in Iron, but the rats fared better on the low-iron diet).
Effects of stearic acid and beef tallow on iron utilization by the rat. - PubMed - NCBI

This study followed actual people, and showed a favorable improvement in blood lipids (while I don't agree that an outright reduction in cholesterol is necessarily positive, it has been shown in other studies that stearic acid lowers cholesterol while improving health).
Fat high in stearic acid favorably affects blood lipids and factor VII coagulant activity in comparison with fats high in palmitic acid or high in ... - PubMed - NCBI

I've been keen on figuring out how to increase stearic acid in my own diet, since reading some information from Dr. Peat which refers to certain symptoms easing from the administration of stearic acid. It also happens to be the most saturated of all our fats. I'm curious as to how thyroid levels in the body relate to stearic acid synthesis but I have yet to find any studies on the subject. Pure stearic acid is not at all digestible, as it's a an absolutely solid wax. It does melt into other fats very well though, and I've mixed it with some coconut oil to use as a skin moisturizer, which is pretty awesome.

Anyway, the grass fed beef tallow I have from whole foods (not that expensive either) is great to cook with and seems to have the best health effects.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals