Aspirin / eugenol can remove lipofuscin from cells

EvanHinkle

I think haidut said earlier he and others had experimented with eugenol and found it irritated the skin, so you are not alone on that. I just couldn't carry on the experiment with topical eugenol/aspirin any further because it wasn't allowing me to sleep and I was experiencing something like internal roid rage (didn't act out, but could feel it). I wondered if it was the eugenol that was making me feel like I was taking excessive test. I would like to know if others might have similar results.
Yikes, I’ve been very interested in trying this because of being brought up on PUFA and living at the beach, (I assume I have a good deal of lipofuscin) but I work from home and watch my two little girls. Gonna have to account for that. Thanks for the heads up possible side-effect.

I believe that eugenol can interfere with the degradation of neurotransmitters, therefore with COMT and MAO enzymes, favoring their inhibition with consequently more circulating dopamine, serotonin and histamine. Furthermore, each area of the brain could dominate more than the others... with botanical extracts we never know the reactions, they change every time. Eugenol in vitro has demonstrated many positive aspects...even against neurodegeneration...but the individual proof in vivo is not in mice.

Lejeboca

I believe that eugenol can interfere with the degradation of neurotransmitters, therefore with COMT and MAO enzymes, favoring their inhibition with consequently more circulating dopamine, serotonin and histamine.
Do you have source(s) for this statement? Thanks in advance.

facesavant

I haven't found that using clove oil burns my skin. I don't have really sensitive skin though. I have used different brands, no issues. However, I have found that when mixed with aspirin and put on skin that it affects my sleep and increases aggression.
I think its the aspirin that is burning the skin, and maybe I used it too many days in a row. Aspirin is salicylic acid, which potentially eats away at dead skin cells.

Mauritio

Seems like just a drop of clove oil would do as it is 89% eugenol and eugenol has a dose response curve. Seems to be great for test production as well.

Biphasic effect of Syzygium aromaticum flower bud on reproductive physiology of male mice
Safety assessment of Syzygium aromaticum flower bud (clove) extract with respect to testicular function in mice
Interestingly in the studies you mentioned, you can see that an HED of about 100mg slightly increased Testosterone, but 200 and 400 mg drastically deceased Testosterone and steroidogenic enzymes. 200mg could be achieved with 5-10 drops of clove oil (depending on the eugenol content).

One drop of clove oil weighs about 50mg of which 50-90% is eugenol, so about 25-45mg per drop is eugenol, so 2-4 drops of clove oil seem beneficial in terms of Testosterone, above that might be bad according to those studies.

Last edited:

sunny

Eugenol is a constutuent found in the distilled ester of cloves. The content and strength of which depends on many variables: part of the plant used to extract the "oil", whether chemical/synthetic fertilizer was used or organic, harvest method or correct season, altitude, geographical region, climate, and most importantly, whether the distiller cares about constituent content or just uses high heat and pressure to extract every last drop. Eugenol or any active compounds are destroyed by high heat/pressure. It is known that Doterra outsources this procedure, since they obviously are from America and do not produce cloves.Mostly cloves come from Madagascar and the SpiceIslands. Secondly, properly distilled clove oil would burn the crap out of your skin, so you would never be able to use it on your face. Further, just the phenol content in distilled cloves would burn your eyes if you put it on your face. A well known "hot" oil which burns the skin unless diluted is oregano, often used as an antibiotic. Oregano is 153,007 on the ORAC scale.
Cloves is 10,786,875.
You have alot of knowledge in the area of oils. Is there a commercially available eugen oil you would use?

sunny

Anything fried. If in a package, I check labels for any canola, corn, safflower, sunflower, soy oils. I use coconut milk and if I use a fat for cooking (rare) it's coconut oil. I avoid conventional chicken and eggs. I do eat eggs a few times a week from my backyard hens that I feed a lot of kitchen scraps to in addition to beef liver and a non-GMO /organic feed.

No nuts, dairy, alcohol. I love fruit, (berries, apples, pineapples, melons) oysters, clams, shrimp, beef, lamb, avocados, carrots, mushrooms, cucumber and cauliflower rice. If I do get a hankering for chips I found some cassava chips baked in avocado oil. They have a sweet churro kind and also dairy-free nacho and lime tortilla style...

But I'm not a saint or anything, I do have a few diet Cokes every week and I like to make a homemade jello with blended apples and cinnamon, nutmeg, cacao, and top it with some coconut whipped cream.

I love any coconut based ice cream. I don't eat it very often so I don't care if there are added gums....
Your jello sounds great. Can you post a quick recipe?

DonLore

You have alot of knowledge in the area of oils. Is there a commercially available eugen oil you would use?
There is no point in buying eugenol oil. Just go to any grocery store and buy cloves from the spice section. Cheap, and you get all the eugenol you need from 500-1000mg of cloves

akgrrrl

To avoid the common practice of diluting distilled plant esters for profit (commercial grocery store products)...most often some cheap waste oil or a harmful synthetic, I would go online and purchase direct from youngliving.com. Reliable, have 25 farms worldwide and some 15 other partner farms where organic farming for control of the end product has been the goal for 35years. Also the only source where you can visit a farm and distillery and take part in the process from seed to seal.

sunny

To avoid the common practice of diluting distilled plant esters for profit (commercial grocery store products)...most often some cheap waste oil or a harmful synthetic, I would go online and purchase direct from youngliving.com. Reliable, have 25 farms worldwide and some 15 other partner farms where organic farming for control of the end product has been the goal for 35years. Also the only source where you can visit a farm and distillery and take part in the process from seed to seal.
Perfect. Thank you.

DonLore

Again, who bother with sourcing, diluting and measuring eugenol oil, when cloves are cheap and plentiful in all grocery stores?

akgrrrl

Again, who bother with sourcing, diluting and measuring eugenol oil, when cloves are cheap and plentiful in all grocery stores?
Maybe because a distilled ester is 100X the strength of the original plant, and one drop on a crushed aspirin will do.

DonLore

Maybe because a distilled ester is 100X the strength of the original plant, and one drop on a crushed aspirin will do.
Not true. Even 200mg of clove spice gives a supplemental dose, but its just as easy to take 1000mg, which would already give a huge amount of eugenol. It doesnt get any easier and cheaper than to just chew/swallow a few small clove buds. Are you by chance selling clove oil or eugenol?

akgrrrl

Not true. Even 200mg of clove spice gives a supplemental dose, but its just as easy to take 1000mg, which would already give a huge amount of eugenol. It doesnt get any easier and cheaper than to just chew/swallow a few small clove buds. Are you by chance selling clove oil or eugenol?
the study does not indicate a 1,000 mg dose. No, I sell nothing. Please go spar with someone else. I am done here

DonLore

Clove buds literally contain around 10-15% eugenol, meaning you get 20mg of eugenol from two tiny pieces of cloves, which cost like 3 cents. All I am doing here is provide easiest, most available source of eugenol for everyone. Of course you can purchase eugenol oil, but its good to know that its not necessary at alm

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals