I'm Finally Decoding Skin Issues

Peatogenic

About five years ago I developed a broken blood vessel on my cheek that I accidentally shaved and blood started pouring out of my face. I hadn't realized the red spot on my cheek was a capillary. But it began a process of developing a few more broken capillaries on my face, a smudgy complexion, then random spots on my forehead, then a general discomfort in my facial skin. It was like rosacea-lite.

About a year ago I dove into research and ended up supplementing riboflavin. The spots on my forehead seemed to disappear overnight. But I had also recently begun to completely eliminate all grains and dairy. It was confusing. Sometimes the spots would come back when sweating a lot. But sometimes sweating did nothing. Sometimes I'd give up on dairy or grain elimination and sometimes this would coincide with good skin, sometimes bad. There seemed to be a gut/inflammation thing going on, though.

Then I began adding another layer. My skin did seem "thin"/sensitive. Maybe my skin barrier had been disrupted. Studies I read confirmed compromised skin barrier with rosacea. So I stopped using Solban so much (drying) and instead just let my skin have nothing some days. I focused more on hydration and used a couple serums, then over past month settled on a beta glucan serum popularly used to speed healing following cosmetic surgeries. This felt very restorative. I also dropped my habit of wearing a hat with the suspicion it could be causing fungal issues.

I proceed now with being dairy and grain free but also using topical measures to repair skin barrier. My skin is now consistently calm...no discomfort, no sense of thinness, much less smudgy, and I'm able to eliminate the red spots most of the time. Some days even the capillaries are diminished. It's not a full healing, but I feel I'm holding more of the full picture now.

Supplements I use:

Glycine
Proline
Pantothenic Acid
D3
Riboflavin
Vit C
Magnesium oil baths
And a host of other hormones for other reasons

My diet sweet spot is about 40% protein, 50% carbs, and 10% fat
No dairy, no grains, no cane sugar except in chocolate and orange marmalade. lots of maple syrup. Liberal coffee and OJ.
My carbs come from red potatoes, parsnips, squashes, berries, oranges, cherries, grapes, orange marmalade, chocolate. The most important variable here is always mixing fruit with starches. I eat collard greens regularly for the calcium. Protein is diverse eating red meats sparingly and eating about 5 eggs a day.
I drink high mineral content spring water.

Last edited:
About five years ago I developed a broken blood vessel on my cheek that I accidentally shaved and blood started pouring out of my face. I hadn't realized the red spot on my cheek was a capillary. But it began a process of developing a few more broken capillaries on my face, a smudgy complexion, then random spots on my forehead, then a general discomfort in my facial skin. It was like rosacea-lite.

About a year ago I dove into research and ended up supplementing riboflavin. The spots on my forehead seemed to disappear overnight. But I had also recently begun to completely eliminate all grains and dairy. It was confusing. Sometimes the spots would come back when sweating a lot. But sometimes sweating did nothing. Sometimes I'd give up on dairy or grain elimination and sometimes this would coincide with good skin, sometimes bad. There seemed to be a gut/inflammation thing going on, though.

Then I began adding another layer. My skin did seem "thin"/sensitive. Maybe my skin barrier had been disrupted. Studies I read confirmed compromised skin barrier with rosacea. So I stopped using Solban so much (drying) and instead just let my skin have nothing some days. I focused more on hydration and used a couple serums, then over past month settled on a beta glucan serum popularly used to speed healing following cosmetic surgeries. This felt very restorative. I also dropped my habit of wearing a hat with the suspicion it could be causing fungal issues.

I proceed now with being dairy and grain free but also using topical measures to repair skin barrier. My skin is now consistently calm...no discomfort, no sense of thinness, much less smudgy, and I'm able to eliminate the red spots most of the time. Some days even the capillaries are diminished. It's not a full healing, but I feel I'm holding more of the full picture now.

Supplements I use:

Glycine
Proline
Pantothenic Acid
D3
Riboflavin
Vit C
Magnesium oil baths
And a host of other hormones for other reasons

My diet sweet spot is about 40% protein, 50% carbs, and 10% fat
No dairy, no grains, no cane sugar except in chocolate and orange marmalade. lots of maple syrup. Liberal coffee and OJ.
My carbs come from red potatoes, parsnips, squashes, berries, oranges, cherries, grapes, orange marmalade, chocolate. The most important variable here is always mixing fruit with starches. I eat collard greens regularly for the calcium. Protein is diverse eating red meats sparingly and eating about 5 eggs a day.
I drink high mineral content spring water.

I have a background of non-peat Lo-PUFA and got slowly worsening Acne and Rosacea-type lesions,im doing 10g Linoleic Acid,10g Alfa-Linolenic Acid,and 4g Fishoil with 30% LCPUFA and my skin is healing,after a couple of months,i would reduce them by 50%,i dont believe that you need them only for Prostaglandin-synthesis,PUFAs are wanted on all cellular mebranes for confering liquidity-attributes that are not replaceable with other Fatty Acids.I tried all other scientific methods with biological plausability before,it was the final straw,and worked.
In regards to your issues,i would rec supplementing with everything under the idea of having a deficiency in everything.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals