How Do Followers Of Ray Peat Take Care Of Their Skin?

D

danishispsychic

I cleanse with olive oil, then use The Ordinary lactic acid and C serum and one of oils, like Marula or Rose Hips. I use a zinc based sunscreen sometimes.

LeeLemonoil

Olive oil is a peculiar one. It doesn’t help maintaining the skin-barrier as allegedly most Pufas do. I knew that before our it’s also highlighted again in the publication I posted today. It’s on the contrary a penetration enhancer, one might consider that when mixing Olive oil with actives or into existing lotions with potential nastier stuff not wanted in deeper layers. Interestingly it’s nonetheless antininflammatory and wound healing, so it doesn’t harm the skin. Since most terpenes also assist penetration, oil soluble vitamins and actives can effectively be helped into the skin that way.

golder

I'm thinking about using lanolin and pregnenolone on my face in the hope of a bit of a youthful glow. Has anyone had any experience with any of these? Thanks very much! :)

LeeLemonoil

Some interesting substances/actives designed for skincare that seem "peaty enough" to me and might be of interest beyond skincare.

Creatine pyruvate.
Two well known compounds both highly effective and proven for mit-health and cellular energy metabolism, esterified. Should do skin cells very well.
Read up on Haiduts Pyrucet product description if you want to know pyruvtaes properties.

Buy Creatine Pyruvate | DIY Skin Care & Cosmetics Ingredients

Two modified vitamin C, one as an ethyl ester and one synthetic glucoside. Both esters will change and modify the effects of Vit C, mostly stabilizing but also a few others. Descrition to be found under the links.

Buy Ascorbyl Glucoside | DIY Skin Care & Cosmetics Ingredients

Buy Ethyl Ascorbic Acid | DIY Skin Care & Cosmetics Ingredients

accelerator

GABA and especially vitamin B2 has amazing benefits for my skin. My forehead is smooth and moist where it was rough and slightly more wrinkly before. I've seen these benefits in less than a week.

How much do you take?

Beastmode

1X/month I use a gelatin mask.

I use a coconut oil/progest e mix as my aftershave 2x/week.

Other than that it's the basics here (i.e- less pufa, lots of calcium, body temp and pulse regulation, etc.)

golder

1X/month I use a gelatin mask.

I use a coconut oil/progest e mix as my aftershave 2x/week.

Other than that it's the basics here (i.e- less pufa, lots of calcium, body temp and pulse regulation, etc.)
Interested in this gelatin mask! Great idea. Could you share any more info on it as I’m not even sure where to start? Thanks mate

Beastmode

Interested in this gelatin mask! Great idea. Could you share any more info on it as I’m not even sure where to start? Thanks mate

Gelatin mask:
  1. Warm up a few tbs of milk (any kind) for 10 sec in the microwave.
  2. Add 1 tsp of great lakes (orange bottle) or enough to make the liquid sticky.
  3. rub it all over your face and neck and wait until it's completely solid. Basically your face won't be able to move.
  4. Use a wet cloth to wipe it off.
I got the above a long time ago from the eastwest folks (Josh Rubin) so I'm sure you can find a video on it somewhere.

To be honest though, the biggest impact was my diet and CONSISTENTLY doing the basics day in and day out. My skin was never bad, but the fact that it's even better now is a good testament I think.

Coconut oil/progest-e mix is from Kate Deering's website I believe.

- I think it's 15 drops of progest-e in a small bottle of coconut oil mixed and kept in a cool place near the sink for easy access.

baccheion

500mg-1g GABA and 100mg vitamin B2
Was it due to progesterone-like actions? Higher/sufficient potassium and electrolytes I'd think would maintain hydration.

I wonder if DHT has a similar effect, given that it's associated with GABA (like progesterone). On the other hand, more masculinized males appear to have dehydrated/wrinkled foreheads.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Was it due to progesterone-like actions? Higher/sufficient potassium and electrolytes I'd think would maintain hydration.

I wonder if DHT has a similar effect, given that it's associated with GABA (like progesterone). On the other hand, more masculinized males appear to have dehydrated/wrinkled foreheads.
GABA specifically increase elastin so I think its partly via that mechanism.

jaminhealth

25 yrs of Grape Seed Extract capsules and Pycnogenol Wrinkle Cream. This 81 yr old grandma has NO brown spots on face, hardly any on hands and arms, and spent a good 40 yrs in the SUN worshipping it. Hardly a wrinkle on face too.

Zigzag

Can anyone explain me why would caffeine leave my skin in worse condition? I've read in some random website that it inhibits collagen production, but I couldn't find any proper science on that

jaminhealth

Can anyone explain me why would caffeine leave my skin in worse condition? I've read in some random website that it inhibits collagen production, but I couldn't find any proper science on that

I'm not a huge science person, show me type person. Coffee and cigs are aging and if one lives long enough, one will see that happen.

jaminhealth

As I said I'm not a big science person. Neither parent smoked cigs EVER, drank very minimal coffee, maybe one cup daily and lived to early and mid 90's...

So much of this science stuff is based on "who is getting paid and by whom" ,, which industry.

Common sense is something many are void of.

pepsi

Dr Peat equates coffee to a vitamin but also everything in context. Some may thrive on coffee and
some may not.

But one thing you can be sure of is that Dr. Peat does not get paid for his scientific/nutritional statements.

Constatine

As I said I'm not a big science person. Neither parent smoked cigs EVER, drank very minimal coffee, maybe one cup daily and lived to early and mid 90's...

So much of this science stuff is based on "who is getting paid and by whom" ,, which industry.

Common sense is something many are void of.
Both my grandfathers drink copious amounts of coffee and are both very healthy for their age. My grandfather on my father's side drinks so much coffee that he often just drinks straight out of the coffee pot. In my experience coffee is at least not damaging for longevity.

Influence of caffeine and hyaluronic acid on collagen biosynthesis in human skin fibroblasts
Though it does also protect the skin from oxidative stress: Caffeine Protects Skin from Oxidative Stress-Induced Senescence through the Activation of Autophagy

Zigzag

Both my grandfathers drink copious amounts of coffee and are both very healthy for their age. My grandfather on my father's side drinks so much coffee that he often just drinks straight out of the coffee pot. In my experience coffee is at least not damaging for longevity.

Influence of caffeine and hyaluronic acid on collagen biosynthesis in human skin fibroblasts
Though it does also protect the skin from oxidative stress: Caffeine Protects Skin from Oxidative Stress-Induced Senescence through the Activation of Autophagy

I wonder which one between those two effects has bigger impact on skin. Reduced collagen synthesis but high oxidative stress protection or the opposite.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals