Sweating/Sunlight Inconsistently Makes Skin On Face Get A Rash Of Some Kind, At Wits End

Peatogenic

I'm at wits end because it doesn't always happen in intense sun or with sweating. I literally don't know anymore. I take riboflavin religiously, as it seems effective. *But other times not.* no rhyme or reason, it seems. I use solban intermittently. Glycine regularly. The one inconsistency is diet. I can't seem to go a week without eating some kind of grain or dairy, but overall don't eat the two. I remember going 2 weeks this past winter without them and skin was best ever. But it was also winter. As a rule, I really don't get this rash in the winter. In the winter my facial skin doesn't feel aggravated. But at times in intense sun, my skin can do great as well. Any thoughts?

I was thinking maybe it's endotoxin...that my diet is the issue that somehow compounds with the sunlight. For some reason I haven't managed this yet. I never eat carrot salads, but was thinking of experimenting with cooked mushrooms for first time.

Last edited:

biggirlkisss

Have you tried sunlight in car with front wildshield. That would block uva and uvb so you can figure out if a uv sensitivity. For example people with lupus can be more sensitivite to uv radiation.

OP
Peatogenic

Peatogenic

Have you tried sunlight in car with front wildshield. That would block uva and uvb so you can figure out if a uv sensitivity. For example people with lupus can be more sensitivite to uv radiation.

No...the strange thing is that it's irregular. Some days I do fine with intense sunlight. Most days do, and then other days not.

marcar72

But at times in intense sun, my skin can do great as well. Any thoughts?

I'm pretty sure I recall reading on the forum about Ray Peat mentioning in an article somewhere that in the summer he'd sometimes need up to 100,000 IU of vitamin A per day specifically to resolve skin issues. Just an idea!! :2cents:

Quelsatron

if it's rosacea-related, both endotoxin and sunlight work to aggravate it according to peat, so maybe they stack and hit a threshold? And even if something doesn't increase production of endotoxin, if it irritates the intestine I have a feeling that that will aggravate endotoxins effects

Elize

Histamine and Histamine liberators could be the issue. Peat diet is very high on histamine and oxalates both trigger skin rashes and issues.

alephx

Hey I also got the same thing, about a year ago, it is the B vitamin. Was taking a little too much, I would suggest cutting it out. As a rule I try to never supplement everyday, I will maybe take something two days, then rest, etc... When you expose your body to unnatural amounts it needs to compensate for it.

Regarding B vitamin, read this post by Nathan Hatch, used to participate in this forums, it talks about Riboflavin and light :)
Improving Resistance to Coronavirus (COVID-19) and Other Viral Infections — **** Portion Control

OP
Peatogenic

Peatogenic

Hey I also got the same thing, about a year ago, it is the B vitamin. Was taking a little too much, I would suggest cutting it out. As a rule I try to never supplement everyday, I will maybe take something two days, then rest, etc... When you expose your body to unnatural amounts it needs to compensate for it.

Regarding B vitamin, read this post by Nathan Hatch, used to participate in this forums, it talks about Riboflavin and light :)
Improving Resistance to Coronavirus (COVID-19) and Other Viral Infections — **** Portion Control

Maybe my initial skin improvement (other issues) came from the starting of riboflavin, but was taking too much. The sun rash issue happened rarely before that, but is definitely more common now. Thank you. Do you still take riboflavin, and what amount? I had researched the photosensitivity aspect of riboflavin a while back and was concerned, but ultimately didn't connect dosage as a possible issue, because my skin did become immaculate when starting it, and virtually all my mild rosacea symptoms disappeared.

I took the 100mg, sometimes more daily for the most part. But I did do the Thorne version for a while, which I think is like 5mg. It's also the other variant of riboflavin. During that time I can't remember my response to it.

alephx

Wow 100mg sounds like a lot! I never took that much and always with other B vitamins (just took a look at the liquid supplement I have and 25drops has 1.1mg of ribo! I take around 10 drops and very rarely). I think when I saw the worst of problems was excess B with caffeine. Make sure you get enough vitamin C as it will probably reduce the effect of the B photosensitivity. I also tended to have rosacea and can tell you 4 things that improved it greatly:

1) plenty of vit C (basically eat plenty of fruit, OJ, guava if you find)
2) copper bisglycinate (previously I supplemented zinc, turns out it impairs copper absorption :/ )
3) glycine (reduces overall inflammation, good for proper blood vessel repair and formation)
4) My nose was always red especially with sun. Taking antihistamine (very little btw doxylamine and I took less than half a pill) when I was already taking the 3 above led to great repair of the skin and aspirin.

Read on 1) 2) 3) and they are very important for blood vessels. I have a theory that when the body cannot properly maintain blood vessel permeability it leads to defensive inflammation.

One thing I've noticed with B vitamins is that it is important to maintain a proper balance, particularly I think thiamine B1 is critical for the others to function correctly. I try to eat lean pork chops at least 2 times per week as they are a very good source of thiamine. 100mg sounds pretty unbalanced.

One perspective that has helped me a lot in this peat health journey is that better have a little of everything than try to have big supplementation spikes. Life and its chemistry is incredibly complex but it evolved to be self-sustaining and the reactions that sustain it depend on a lot of things being in there proper place. But if you supplement then you might run out of other needed substances. Take the initial good results you saw with riboflavin; you were probably deficient, you supplement and give fuel to this reactions, you keep supplementing and now you have plenty of ribo but then you ran out of other inputs, so the good results are gone or you are now deficient in something else.

This concept shows up everywhere you have a process with inputs and certainly it is applicable in chemistry and biochemistry. Limiting factor - Wikipedia

OP
Peatogenic

Peatogenic

Wow 100mg sounds like a lot! I never took that much and always with other B vitamins (just took a look at the liquid supplement I have and 25drops has 1.1mg of ribo! I take around 10 drops and very rarely). I think when I saw the worst of problems was excess B with caffeine. Make sure you get enough vitamin C as it will probably reduce the effect of the B photosensitivity. I also tended to have rosacea and can tell you 4 things that improved it greatly:

1) plenty of vit C (basically eat plenty of fruit, OJ, guava if you find)
2) copper bisglycinate (previously I supplemented zinc, turns out it impairs copper absorption :/ )
3) glycine (reduces overall inflammation, good for proper blood vessel repair and formation)
4) My nose was always red especially with sun. Taking antihistamine (very little btw doxylamine and I took less than half a pill) when I was already taking the 3 above led to great repair of the skin and aspirin.

Read on 1) 2) 3) and they are very important for blood vessels. I have a theory that when the body cannot properly maintain blood vessel permeability it leads to defensive inflammation.

One thing I've noticed with B vitamins is that it is important to maintain a proper balance, particularly I think thiamine B1 is critical for the others to function correctly. I try to eat lean pork chops at least 2 times per week as they are a very good source of thiamine. 100mg sounds pretty unbalanced.

One perspective that has helped me a lot in this peat health journey is that better have a little of everything than try to have big supplementation spikes. Life and its chemistry is incredibly complex but it evolved to be self-sustaining and the reactions that sustain it depend on a lot of things being in there proper place. But if you supplement then you might run out of other needed substances. Take the initial good results you saw with riboflavin; you were probably deficient, you supplement and give fuel to this reactions, you keep supplementing and now you have plenty of ribo but then you ran out of other inputs, so the good results are gone or you are now deficient in something else.

This concept shows up everywhere you have a process with inputs and certainly it is applicable in chemistry and biochemistry. Limiting factor - Wikipedia

Thanks, I regularly take Glycine and C as well. Lots of fruit. I don't take any antihistamine substances but have started experimenting with Theanine. It definitely clears my sinuses when taken, not that they're bad or anything.

Funny, I used to eat pork for the thiamine but stopped. Yeah, I'm going to go back to a low dose. I don't take many oral supplements, but religiously take topical pregnenolone, DHEA, androsterone, vitamin A, and D. Not high doses or anything, but every day. They literally saved my life, so I feel indebted : ) and too afraid yet to wean off them.

There's a few others here who take very high doses of riboflavin.

OP
Peatogenic

Peatogenic

[Cont...] All of my mild rosacea symptoms have stayed away, but once in a blue moon will get redness/overheating everything neck up. The discomfort/crawling feeling in my face has also stayed away. I also have really mild red spots on face that still come and go, but went away entirely for a couple months after starting riboflavin. With riboflavin I also noticed I could eat more foods without feeling like they were messing me up in some way.

But the heat/sweat rash has been the new-ish weird item. After a lot of contemplation, whatever is going on, I think I also realized I had a very thin epidermis on face. Riboflavin and endotoxin are highly implicated in rosacea, but I also learned that the skin barrier is also compromised. So a few months ago I started focusing on moisturizing my skin and not using Solban so much because it is drying. I came across anecdotal evidence of focusing on repairing skin barrier to treat rosacea and began using a beta glucan serum prescribed for healing in cosmetic surgery. It's been going really well so far. (The serum and rash are unrelated.)

What did you take and how much?Why not everyday?

EIRE24

[Cont...] All of my mild rosacea symptoms have stayed away, but once in a blue moon will get redness/overheating everything neck up. The discomfort/crawling feeling in my face has also stayed away. I also have really mild red spots on face that still come and go, but went away entirely for a couple months after starting riboflavin. With riboflavin I also noticed I could eat more foods without feeling like they were messing me up in some way.

But the heat/sweat rash has been the new-ish weird item. After a lot of contemplation, whatever is going on, I think I also realized I had a very thin epidermis on face. Riboflavin and endotoxin are highly implicated in rosacea, but I also learned that the skin barrier is also compromised. So a few months ago I started focusing on moisturizing my skin and not using Solban so much because it is drying. I came across anecdotal evidence of focusing on repairing skin barrier to treat rosacea and began using a beta glucan serum prescribed for healing in cosmetic surgery. It's been going really well so far. (The serum and rash are unrelated.)
Where did you buy the beta glucan serum?

Maybe my initial skin improvement (other issues) came from the starting of riboflavin, but was taking too much. The sun rash issue happened rarely before that, but is definitely more common now. Thank you. Do you still take riboflavin, and what amount? I had researched the photosensitivity aspect of riboflavin a while back and was concerned, but ultimately didn't connect dosage as a possible issue, because my skin did become immaculate when starting it, and virtually all my mild rosacea symptoms disappeared.

I took the 100mg, sometimes more daily for the most part. But I did do the Thorne version for a while, which I think is like 5mg. It's also the other variant of riboflavin. During that time I can't remember my response to it.

Indeed,you should supplement evenly,and take B-complex with like 500%-1000%of the RDA,and if you live in the USA,thorne2/d,and taking 1 of it each day,it is one of the few meaningful MVs on the market.Skin issues can also be the salt component of sweat,which causes local immunostimulation,which can be toxic.Atopic Dermatitis sufferers can have up to 32x more salt than controls in active affected skin areas.If you have a SAD or Western Pattern Dietary background,you should operate under the notion that you have a lack in almost anything and supplement in replenishing dosages,and not piecemeal,e.g. one month B3,one month B2,you need everything at the same time,and then you can spike dosages of more harmless ones,like B1 or Biotin.Also,going High Protein for recovery in general.The Dr.Peat Diet is good for maintenance,but even insufficiencies arent overcome by this type of diet.Have you measured D or what type of dose you use?additional UV-R?

dlind70

regarding the skin rash or chest rash. couple things do you live with dogs or cats?
have you smoked cigarettes ever?
do you eat rice regularlly? or in the past eaten it regularly?

Elize

Have you been tested for Lupus? Sun exposure causes a rash, face or whole body.

Amazoniac

Oh, look who we have here again. It's a pest.

"While there is some speculation that vitamin D is helpful for resisting viral agents, it is not our primary protective factor against them nor the factor which influences the seasonal occurrence of the flu or that of the current COVID-19 outbreak, and SARS as well occurred during the winter season (they’re all related to the flu, I believe). The one factor all this has in common, however, is sunlight. But, more specifically, how our bodies respond to or benefit from sunlight. There is an abundance of evidence that the B vitamin riboflavin, which is highly sensitive to light, is the agent which assists our bodies to restrain viral infections, and the mechanisms of action by which riboflavin helps protect us against both bacterial and viral pathogens is pretty well understood. Because riboflavin is extremely light sensitive our body uses it in pathways which regulate circadian rhythms. But when riboflavin is exposed to light, as it is in our skin when we get exposure to sun or bright light, it is actually energized from the interaction with photons and itself becomes irradiated. Then, in the irradiated state riboflavin is moderately to highly destructive to bacteria and viruses. These studies often show direct irradiation of riboflavin, but the same natural irradiation occurs simply from riboflavin created in our gut microbiome or obtained through diet or supplementation and the body’s exposure to natural sunlight. This is why the flu is restrained to seasonal patterns rather than being an ubiquitous affliction all year long, and why those with more Northerly climates or societies with prudish ideas of public skin exposure are being harder hit (or those with poor nutrition caused by economic inequality). Exposure to sufficient sunlight in humans during warmer months irradiates riboflavin in the body which in turn confers herd immunity (which is the collective resistance of an entire group of people against a pathogen on account of most of them being resistant) and thus prevents the spread of the flu until seasonal changes result in reductions of sun exposure thus impairing riboflavin irradiation which in turn allows such viruses to flourish."

"Taking a supplement of riboflavin can easily supply excess to help empower the body’s ability to resist such viral infections as COVID-19, and excess is a problem with riboflavin since most supplemental products are far too potent and can cause extreme restlessness and irritation if taken in such large doses. To be clear, this absolutely is not guaranteed to protect you against infection, though it most likely will, but is more likely to lessen the severity of the course of the disease and greatly improve your body’s ability to fight it. I believe it is riboflavin drain due to the long incubation and progression of coronavirus which is the primary cause of mortality or severe complications."

"As more information has been coming out about the progression of the disease, it does appear that riboflavin drain is the real cause of mortality, compounded especially by significant light exposure deficiency. As patients decline their oxygen saturation drops dramatically, and riboflavin is one of the key nutrients which facilitates oxygen saturation of hemoglobin for distribution to the body. I also found another study which shows riboflavin being used in a blood plasma sample to kill another variety of coronavirus in direct support of my previous hypothesis. Some places around the world doctors are prescribing antibiotics during COVID, but antibiotics DO NOT treat virus infections, and this can actually be very dangerous because antibiotics wipe out the gut microbiome which in turn causes deficiencies of the B vitamins or vitamin K2 which the immune system requires to fight the virus, and antibiotics should be avoided during COVID exposure."

There is "speculation that vitamin D is helpful" against viruses and "abundance of evidence" that riboflavin is "the agent which assists our bodies to restrain viral infections"? Brushes off venom D and has no problem jumping to such conclusions based on experiments with collected blood meant for transfusion or superficial treatments. This guy must write his articles while tripping on oleic acid.

We know that the kind of radiation required is barred by the external layers of the skin, which may have a different concentration of ripofflavin, its forms and we can count on a dilution of the effect for systemic distribution, this is, if there's one, as it may only be enough for a local effect. This application of phototherapy should be effective when a substance builds up in the target site and is excited there rather than elsewhere expecting that the reacted compound is going to reach the afflicted sites from circulation (and without being cleared on its way), the stress is part of the therapy. This is why red light, for passing through tissues more easily, and compounds that absorb light in this spectrum are favored. Also, phototherapy that relies on nutrients can be doubling the edge of the world because there might be depletion for its success, with them having to be renewed or the tissues will suffer, and worse when the therapy isn't targeted to the site because you can be degrading nutrients somewhere that's not compromised while the infected region is preserved. Anyway, why dismiss all the aspects of the immune system that can be supported with known efficacy for some conjectured effect of questionable relevance laid out with the usual authoritative tone?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Also, phototherapy that relies on nutrients can be doubling the edge of the world because there might be depletion for its success, with them having to be renewed or the tissues will suffer,
Which nutritents are depleted from sunlight?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals