THE BEST Of TIMES, THE WORST Of TIMES

Blossom

Forum Supporter
FWIW my rat is doing fantastic with tyronene!
ETA: I'm wishing you the best at the endo appointment. I can't wait to hear how it goes.:)

LadyJ

@thebigpeatowski--I would have directed this in a PM though I've read and do see after trying, that your PM is disabled through personal settings in the forum. After reading your log and experiences (holy phucking hell) I'm interested in your terpentine dosage with the link you provided to the pine gum spirits on ebay. Can you provide a bit of context for me please? I'm also interested to know if you're still doing well digestion and gut wise, since your long trial with Nystatin? Personally I'm pressing for a long Rx of Nystatin and perhaps in combination with another non-systemic acting anti fungal as well as a systemic acting anti fungal, to enable the triple therapy for a few months. If I'm not able to secure the Rx, I have no problem ordering all of my supplies from my usually pharmacies for hard-to-get items, but I'd like to build a relationship with this particular MD to enable getting things more quickly and easily in the future if need be. Thank you for the response, much appreciated!

InChristAlone

Good to see you back!

RisingSun

@thebigpeatowski @Blossom

Have you tried probiotic enemas with good success?
I am planning to mix around 700 billion CFUs in 200ml of water and retain it as long as I can, twice a week for a month.

I tried probiotics orally, but they give me SIBO.
And I am still extremely bloated after every meal inspite of trying Nystatin and every natural antifungal under the sun

OP
T
FWIW my rat is doing fantastic with tyronene!
ETA: I'm wishing you the best at the endo appointment. I can't wait to hear how it goes.:)

Hi Blossom! Long time, no see, eh?;)

WOW, it's been a while. Um, where do I start? I can barely remember where I left off......uh, a lot of stuff has happened.

My Endo appointment went very badly, as expected. He was shocked and uncomfortable to see me back in his office. He told me I had Hashimoto's, said my thyroid ultrasound showed shriveled and shotty texture. He gave me a scrip for 50 mcg of useless T4. I had to DEMAND Cytomel, he was enraged and finally wrote a scrip for a paltry 5 mcg. of T3. Then he ordered lab work to be drawn every month while on my bus trip to make sure I don't O.D. Yeah right.

I left town without saying goodbye to my father, couldn't face him...His gorgeous bride of 26 years served him with divorce papers while I was on my trip. She FINALLY kicked him to the curb. She is waaaay too good for him. How do I feel about this? I'm thrilled of course. I feel vindicated. At peace. The whole situation is quite sad and yet for the first time in my life I feel free. I'm free to be me.......and eternally grateful there's no shared DNA.

I'm doing very well. I got married. I went on a six month bus trip. I bought another bus, Yes, the neighbors think I'm crazy.

I found a great doctor who ackshully listens. I met with him, in person, at the tail end of my trip. Showed him my labs and ultrasound and told him my whole life story.
The dude actually looked at my papers, like read them....and listened! He gave me a prescription for as much T3 as I needed.... and his cell phone number. We text each other. WHO EVEN DOES THIS? What a fabulous man.

Him and Peat are my true Saviors...so I guess the fu*king nightmare is finally over. I have nothing to complain about.

Oh and speaking of DNA, I got my genes tested, you know that whole 23andme dealio. It appears I got me some Celiac Jeans, lol. But I coulda told ya that.

Funny thing tho, a second cousin from my biological family found me through 23andme. She messaged me through their system, wondered who the hell I was? Ha ha. Surprise! Naturally they were SHOCKED to learn of my existence.

It's been an emotional roller coaster meeting my aunts. So many questions are finally being answered. A LOT of funny "oh, that explains it" moments...

Sadly, my biological father has been put into a home. He has dementia. And diabetes... and morbid obesity at the ripe old of age of 70. I haven't met him, but I've seen pics, he looks like hell....like he needed T3 decades ago. I have his nose.

I was told that lots of women in their family had/have thyroid issues. What the hell America? Did I mention he JUST turned 70? Fully demented, diabetic...his mother died of Alzheimer's.

I've seen pictures of my biological mother, we look so much alike it's eery. Words cannot adequately describe the feeling of seeing someone who looks just like you for the first time ever.

And okay, I admit I've been doing plenty of cyber spying on her cuz I'm creepy that way.

I'm busy building a new home, so I'm still living in Astroworld Hotel. What a gal, ol' Astro. I love her dearly. We're currently under a foot of snow, but cozy.

BIG HUGS TO Y'ALL!!!

Last edited:

HDD

Welcome home!!! So great to hear from you again! How amazing that you found a good doc!! Please share more about how much t3 you are taking and how you’re dosing it, if you don’t mind. My son needs to take more, he’s currently taking 25-50 mcg...12.5 mcg each time but still symptomatic.

Congratulations on your recent marriage.❤️

OP
T
@thebigpeatowski @Blossom

Have you tried probiotic enemas with good success?
I am planning to mix around 700 billion CFUs in 200ml of water and retain it as long as I can, twice a week for a month.

I tried probiotics orally, but they give me SIBO.
And I am still extremely bloated after every meal inspite of trying Nystatin and every natural antifungal under the sun

Hello RisingSun,

I have tried a homemade probiotic enema, once, a long time ago....I can't remember if I had "good" success. I guess if I thought it was good I would've done it again? I do recall feeling like it helped with my very sore inflamed colon, but I'm not sure it did much more than that.

The things that have helped me the most with gut issues are: getting enough T3, removing offending foods, using antimicrobials only when there's obvious bloat, repopulating with goat milk kefir after a antimicrobial kill and reducing mental stress.

Kefir probably wouldn't be recommended by Peat, but I find it insanely soothing to my intestines if I've somehow assaulted them (happens with restaurant food) or sorbet with gums. I'm sensitive to all those food gums.

OP
T
Welcome home!!! So great to hear from you again! How amazing that you found a good doc!! Please share more about how much t3 you are taking and how you’re dosing it, if you don’t mind. My son needs to take more, he’s currently taking 25-50 mcg...12.5 mcg each time but still symptomatic.

Congratulations on your recent marriage.❤️
Hi HDD!!!

Thank you so much!!! My marriage wasn't super recent, but it's been a few years since I've posted here, I think.

Yes, I found a WONDERFUL doctor. I found him online, he's about an hour from my mother's house in California and I cannot tell you how grateful I am. I think there's some T3 friendly docs in Atlanta too. They're few and far between, for sure.

If I were you (and I know you're careful) I would go ahead and give a full 25 mcg at once if the 12.5 isn't doing anything. You can always break the tab into quarters and give 18 mcg....er whatever it comes out to, but I feel T3 is VERY SAFE and I happen to need a LOT more in the winter.

I asked my doctor why I needed so much T3 and his response was "that's the dose that YOU need". Well okay then. He helped me to not be fearful of taking as much as I needed to feel better, especially at this time of year. He had me charting my temp, pulse and blood pressure DAILY for a while to make sure there were no signs of too much hormone. He actually wanted me to keep titrating UP until I felt the symptoms of too much, something I had never really pushed before. I no longer chart anymore because I know EXACTLY what it feels like coming on and also when it's wearing off.

For me, it wears off in 5-6 hours, sometimes it lasts longer depending my exposure to light/heat, exercise intensity and how much I've eaten, etc. So I dose 2 or 3 or 4 times a day, depending on all of those factors. Two or three times a day in spring, maybe once or even none in the summer, three times a day in fall and four times a day in winter.

I experience serious brain malfunction without proper levels of T3, like I can't drive a car, etc. and I start bleeding every two weeks, digestion goes to hell. I cannot be without it in the wintertime.

I wrote to Dr. Peat and asked him why some women needed soooo freakin' much T3 and should I be worried? He asked for labs which I gave him. I also emailed him a pic of my prescription bottle. His response was:

"If the T3 were too much, it would cause you to overheat, with a fast pounding heart, a tendency to lose weight even while eating a lot, to need to drink a lot of fluids, and you would have a high oxygen requirement, getting out of breath easily. Sensitivity to T3 sometimes increases in the spring and summer. Your cholesterol would probably go below normal." Ray Peat

My cholesterol is 185 and I don't have those symptoms. Nope thebigpeatowski hasn't lost an ounce, dammit. I'm blaming my genetics....and menopause.

I guess the dose you need is the dose YOU need. Nobody likes a cold brain.

Dr. Peat has always struck me as very conservative, as well he should be. There's no way it would be prudent nor wise for him to tell people to take unphysiological doses of T3. Except I guess that outliers really do exist. And I guess I'm one of them, seasonally speaking.
And my doc and RP are okay with that.

BE BRAVE PEOPLE!!!

XOXO

RisingSun

Hello RisingSun,

I have tried a homemade probiotic enema, once, a long time ago....I can't remember if I had "good" success. I guess if I thought it was good I would've done it again? I do recall feeling like it helped with my very sore inflamed colon, but I'm not sure it did much more than that.

The things that have helped me the most with gut issues are: getting enough T3, removing offending foods, using antimicrobials only when there's obvious bloat, repopulating with goat milk kefir after a antimicrobial kill and reducing mental stress.

Kefir probably wouldn't be recommended by Peat, but I find it insanely soothing to my intestines if I've somehow assaulted them (happens with restaurant food) or sorbet with gums. I'm sensitive to all those food gums.

I’ll try!

After trying a few Nystatin enemas as per dvjorge’s protocole, I don’t have any compelling evidence of « white stringy » stuff coming out

Blossom

Forum Supporter
It’s great to hear from you @thebigpeatowski!
I’m so thrilled to read your update and know you’re doing well.

OP
T
@thebigpeatowski thanks for sharing your story! What doses of T3 have you been taking?

Hi @ilikecats ....I'm currently taking 50 mcg. of T3 three or four times a day. Isn't that absolutely insane? For context, I'm 52 years old with a very long history of hypothyroidism.

I also supplement with D3, K2, Progest-E, some B vitamins too and red light.

I know it's totally crazy, but that's the wintertime dose where every thing in my body works as it should. Last winter was the same.

Last edited:

ilikecats

@thebigpeatowski i might have thought that was insane until yesterday when I took 376 mcg of T3! But tbh I think I wouldn’t have thought that was insane even before then. That’s the equivalent of 6-8 grains of ndt and peat has mentioned a women needing 15 grains a day. Are you familiar with dr John c Lowe? He had pretty extensive experience with working with patients who needed a lot of T3 (he was a T3 only guy). He said he used dosages from 50mcg to 500 mcg! He said on average most patients needed between 100-150mcg.

OP
T
@thebigpeatowski i might have thought that was insane until yesterday when I took 376 mcg of T3! But tbh I think I wouldn’t have thought that was insane even before then. That’s the equivalent of 6-8 grains of ndt and peat has mentioned a women needing 15 grains a day. Are you familiar with dr John c Lowe? He had pretty extensive experience with working with patients who needed a lot of T3 (he was a T3 only guy). He said he used dosages from 50mcg to 500 mcg! He said on average most patients needed between 100-150mcg.

Yes, I'm familiar with John C. Lowe. He wrote the forward to a book I purchased from Amazon in 2016, it's called Recovering With T3 written by Paul Robinson. Reading that book made me realize that I HAD to find a doctor who understood my situation. My doctor quoted those same numbers to me in March of 2017, apparently his patients need anywhere from 100 to 500 mcg. I still find that fascinating.

Anywho, for me, there would be no complete recovery without copious quantities of T3. It's a bit of a ball and chain tho because I hafta keep a bottle of T3 with me at all times.

I worry about stupid sh*t like getting in some sort of accident and ending up unconscious in a hospital bed for days with NO T3. I would go downhill quickly.

I'm looking into stem cell therapy for regrowing new thyroid tissue since my gland has been shot to smithereens.

I wonder if that's even possible? Anyone know???

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Yes, I'm familiar with John C. Lowe. He wrote the forward to a book I purchased from Amazon in 2016, it's called Recovering With T3 written by Paul Robinson. Reading that book made me realize that I HAD to find a doctor who understood my situation. My doctor quoted those same numbers to me in March of 2017, apparently his patients need anywhere from 100 to 500 mcg. I still find that fascinating.

Anywho, for me, there would be no complete recovery without copious quantities of T3. It's a bit of a ball and chain tho because I hafta keep a bottle of T3 with me at all times.

I worry about stupid sh*t like getting in some sort of accident and ending up unconscious in a hospital bed for days with NO T3. I would go downhill quickly.

I'm looking into stem cell therapy for regrowing new thyroid tissue since my gland has been shot to smithereens.

I wonder if that's even possible? Anyone know???

I've worried about being hospitalized and ending up with a feeding tube in my nose. :meh:
You can wear a medical alert bracelet and put an information card in you're wallet stating you're thyroid dosage (for medics to give to the hospital) and make sure your husband talks to the hospital staff too in the event that you are unable to communicate.
It's really amazing that you figured out you needed that much thyroid. I wonder how many people are like you aren't getting enough?
Sorry, I don't know anything about stem cells but I know how you feel. I have a few organs I wouldn't mind rejuvenating. :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals