How to Replicate Full Spectrum Sunlight Indoors: The Ultimate Light Bulb Test! (with data)

schmolch

This is a great thread and thanks for doing all the work OP.

I have been experimenting with lights myself but without much success until recently.
I stumbled across a new LED that is amazing imo, I never enjoyed an artificial light as much as i did this one.
It's a 36W plant-light LED from ansi. ( PAR30 36W LED Grow Light Bulb )
It's a very pleasant white light and it's quite powerfull compared to most other lights.
It also made me realize something that you mention in your article:
Our indoor-lighting is way too weak.
I downloaded a lux-meter app and compared my workplace, outdoors and my home and was surprised how dark my home is and how bright outdoors is even at very cloudy weather.
Now i get 8000 lux right were i sit from 3 of those LEDs on the ceiling and i have 5 more delivered.
It's crazy how long it took me to figure this out, i honestly believe this is more significant then diet for me.
It's 2 weeks now and every day i had energy, good mood and good sleep. It's almost too good to be true.

Last edited:

cremes

I prefer not to buy from Amazon but so far that's the only place I could find GE Sun Filled bulbs. I checked Ace Hardware, Home Depot, and 1000bulbs.com and none of them carry it.

What's a good resource or two for online buying?

OP
itchaboyagain

itchaboyagain

Do you recommend the Daylight or Softwhite GE Sunfilled bulb?
Between the two it depends on your use case I suppose. The daylight version contains quite a bit more circadian light (blue-green) so It'd be a better option for morning and daylight hours.

OP
itchaboyagain

itchaboyagain

I prefer not to buy from Amazon but so far that's the only place I could find GE Sun Filled bulbs. I checked Ace Hardware, Home Depot, and 1000bulbs.com and none of them carry it.

What's a good resource or two for online buying?
I've found sun filled at Meijer if you have one of those nearby? I'm not sure where else online they can be found.

OP
itchaboyagain

itchaboyagain

This is a great thread and thanks for doing all the work OP.

I have been experimenting with lights myself but without much success until recently.
I stumbled across a new LED that is amazing imo, I never enjoyed an artificial light as much as i did this one.
It's a 36W plant-light LED from ansi. ( PAR30 36W LED Grow Light Bulb )
It's a very pleasant white light and it's quite powerfull compared to most other lights.
It also made me realize something that you mention in your article:
Our indoor-lighting is way too weak.
I downloaded a lux-meter app and compared my workplace, outdoors and my home and was surprised how dark my home is and how bright outdoors is even at very cloudy weather.
Now i get 8000 lux right were i sit from 3 of those LEDs on the ceiling and i have 5 more delivered.
It's crazy how long it took me to figure this out, i honestly believe this is more significant then diet for me.
It's 2 weeks now and every day i had energy, good mood and good sleep. It's almost too good to be true.
Yes! Bright light is highly underrated in the health world. Glad you stumbled upon it!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals