Monthly Subscriptions For Our Supplements

Discussion in 'IdeaLabs' started by haidut, Jun 16, 2016.

1. haidut

haidut Member

Hello everybody,

Over the last several months we have been getting quite a few requests to set up a system so that people can sign up for a monthly delivery of one or more of our supplements, instead of placing a manual order every time. After spending a lot of time on the phone with PayPal we were told that there system does not quite support such a feature, but with some hacking I think we have a workable version. The link for ordering the monthly subscriptions is below:

IdeaLabs Online Store - Worldwide Ordering And Delivery - Monthly Subscriptions

As you can see the price for the supplements is basically the same as the one on the main page plus an extra $1 per bottle. The reason for the extra $1 is that with monthly subscriptions the PayPal system does not support shipping. So, we had to approximate the shipping cost and add it to each bottle. This actually works out to your advantage because if you order 5 bottles or less on a monthly basis you would be paying less for the supplements plus shipping compared to when ordering them manually. Thus, for smaller orders (5 bottles or less) you are essentially getting a discount :)
    Please try it out and let me know if you have any issues.
    Thank again for your continued support.

2. Amazoniac

Amazoniac Member

I think that the more you can automatize things, the more free time you'll have to devote to your interests. Quite convenient!

3. Makrosky

Makrosky Member

Congrats haidut! Thanks for making it even easier.

4. johnwester130

johnwester130 Member

Products generally last much longer than a month.

As DMSO can amplify a substance by 5-10 times, the truth is you need much less.

5. haidut

haidut Member

True. I guess if people find out their bottles last longer than a month I will reduce some of the durations to quarterly or even semi-annually. I just had to start with something. Also, people can also ways cancer the subscription if they find out they don't need the bottles for a specific month.

6. BastiFuntasty

BastiFuntasty Member

Maybe that system will someday be completely modifiable personally, aka Estroban every month and additionally pansterone every fifth month for example ?

7. haidut

haidut Member

I would love for that to happen. It would require finding a shopping cart and payment solution that can support that level of customization. However, the vendors that I have seen so far are really not helpful and basically offer canned solutions like weekly, monthly, quaterly, and annually. So, we would have to set up a system where we can keep credit card information and can write our own customization routines. Right now, PayPal processes the transactions but other than address we do not get access to any other client information, so if we wanted to charge the client on a custom basis we have no way of doing that automatically. But it's a work in progress, I am always looking for ways to improve the features. Usage and feedback will drive how quickly we customize things.

8. Peata

Peata Member

I've never used it, but Amazon has a subscribe feature, where you can set how often you want an individual product to come. You can have an item sent every month, or even six months later. Possible you can get some kind of setup like that or have Idealabs products sold through Amazon so people can customize their delivery frequency. Again, I don't really know how it would work for you, but it's an idea to look into.

9. haidut

haidut Member

Oh thanks, that's great to know. We actually had an Amazon Marketplace account but Amazon started spamming us and imposing all sorts of NDA so we have not used it much. But I will look into it.
    Thanks again.

10. Rose Heiress

Rose Heiress Member

Woo hoooo thanks! I'm going to try this asap