tara

Where would one go about disposing of Metergoline?
https://raypeatforum.com/community/forums/barter-sell-giveaway.153/

What does your note from the pharmacy say on drugs you take, if any? Does it say not to dump in the toilet?
Round here I think they say to return unused medicines to the pharmacy for disposal. And thern the pharmacists complain because there aren't adequate systems for them to use for safe affordable disposal.

Pointless

Metergoline is great. My apartment has never been so clean. Like, not even close. It's motivating, feels good, increases feelings of reward and accomplishment, and is very relaxing (seems to reduce cortisol). I'm taking 1 drop twice a day and started yesterday morning.

It's also causing a flare-up of some yeast with serotonergic effects. Redness on my arms and face, hair loss, sore throat, runny nose, loose stools. I'm hoping that if I ramp up the dose slowly, it will eliminate this yeast overgrowth and have a permanent serotonin reduction.

Regina

Metergoline is great. My apartment has never been so clean. Like, not even close. It's motivating, feels good, increases feelings of reward and accomplishment, and is very relaxing (seems to reduce cortisol). I'm taking 1 drop twice a day and started yesterday morning.

It's also causing a flare-up of some yeast with serotonergic effects. Redness on my arms and face, hair loss, sore throat, runny nose, loose stools. I'm hoping that if I ramp up the dose slowly, it will eliminate this yeast overgrowth and have a permanent serotonin reduction.
I'm still searching for the perfect "performance enhancement" stack. Metergoline is in there.
My concern is remaining in the aikido game. Peating and supps have made my body way more resilient to injury. All throws, joint-locks and pins are fine. However, I can't find any endurance. I quickly "run out of bullets" and start huffin' n puffin' for air on the mat. Feel overwhelmed by the herculean task of keeping it up contact game. (it's on and off type training between listening to the instructor, changing partners and then hard contact goes back on). I guess it is my lungs crapping out. Because everything else feels perfectly fine. I feel zero soreness. I almost wish I would. I go home and think, 'well just recover'. But it is like 'recover what?' No part of my body feels sore or fatigued and my lungs feel fine. I even had the top dog instructor whisper into my ear last night, "You could f-king shred this if you could just get passed this endurance thing." I'm very discouraged because I enjoy it so much but can't find a way to blast through.
I eat Peaty and take niacinamide, taurine, aspirin, pregnenolone, caffeine, occasional tyromix, MB, androsterone and metergoline.
I should be thankful for feeling so well and having so much mobility. I wish I could keep a tank of C02 off-mat to swig on between rounds.
The problem does not feel like lactic acid. That is what is weird. It's specifically only air-hunger.

Last edited:

Pointless

I'm still searching for the perfect "performance enhancement" stack. Metergoline is in there.
My concern is remaining in the aikido game. Peating and supps have made my body way more resilient to injury. All throws, joint-locks and pins are fine. However, I can't find any endurance. I quickly "run out of bullets" and start huffin' n puffin' for air on the mat. Feel overwhelmed by the herculean task of keeping it up contact game. (it's on and off type training between listening to the instructor, changing partners and then hard contact goes back on). I guess it is my lungs crapping out. Because everything else feels perfectly fine. I feel zero soreness. I almost wish I would. I go home and think, 'well just recover'. But it is like 'recover what?' No part of my body feels sore or fatigued and my lungs feel fine. I even had the top dog instructor whisper into my ear last night, "You could f-king shred this if you could just get passed this endurance thing." I'm very discouraged because I enjoy it so much but can't find a way to blast through.
I eat Peaty and take niacinamide, taurine, aspirin, pregnenolone, caffeine, occasional tyromix, MB, androsterone and metergoline.
I should be thankful for feeling so well and having so much mobility. I wish I could keep a tank of C02 off-mat to swig on between rounds.
The problem does not feel like lactic acid. That is what is weird. It's specifically only air-hunger.

I just worked out today, and it wasn't anything incredible. I didn't break any records, and usually I improve in something. Metergoline certainly doesn't enhance endurance. I've always been an endurance guy just really weak.

It seems like Mildronate might be what you're looking for, but it seems to be pretty expensive. I've never tried it.

Regina

I just worked out today, and it wasn't anything incredible. I didn't break any records, and usually I improve in something. Metergoline certainly doesn't enhance endurance. I've always been an endurance guy just really weak.

It seems like Mildronate might be what you're looking for, but it seems to be pretty expensive. I've never tried it.
Yes. It is. But I was getting the idea that niacinamide does the same thing.
Haidut, are you still going to come out with a mildronate-ish supp?

If I had to quit aikido, I would have a hard time wanting to keep up. I have yoga type strength/flexibility and technical finesse but horrendous endurance.

Pointless

If I had to quit aikido, I would have a hard time wanting to keep up. I have yoga type
strength/flexibility and technical finesse but horrendous endurance.

As you can see, it is much more potent than niacinamide. I take 2 g/day of niacinamide, and I don't notice anything like this.

Maria Sharapova Tested Positive For A Drug Ray Peat Talked About

Hmmm I didn't know it increased NO...

Idealabs Comments And Suggestions

^^^ Here's the latest word on Mildronate, but I thought he was looking at an alternative FFA inhibitor...

Regina

As you can see, it is much more potent than niacinamide. I take 2 g/day of niacinamide, and I don't notice anything like this.

Maria Sharapova Tested Positive For A Drug Ray Peat Talked About

Hmmm I didn't know it increased NO...

Idealabs Comments And Suggestions

^^^ Here's the latest word on Mildronate, but I thought he was looking at an alternative FFA inhibitor...
Thanks for your reply and links Pointless. Mildronate increases NO? :eek:

I just came from class and the same things happened. I think it starts all in my mind. That it is an offshoot of "social anxiety." Because I don't get like this when I am doing solo exercise. So, it is like I immediately give all my energy away to my partner. Chronically so. It may start in my mind but it leads to a physiological cascade.
I think I zoom through my blood sugar in the first 15 minutes. I think I stop breathing during the throws -- all this stuff where anxiety pulls everything out of whack and uses up energy.

I'd still like to try mildronate. lol :rolleyes:

TeslaFan

Thanks for your reply and links Pointless. Mildronate increases NO? :eek:

I just came from class and the same things happened. I think it starts all in my mind. That it is an offshoot of "social anxiety." Because I don't get like this when I am doing solo exercise. So, it is like I immediately give all my energy away to my partner. Chronically so. It may start in my mind but it leads to a physiological cascade.
I think I zoom through my blood sugar in the first 15 minutes. I think I stop breathing during the throws -- all this stuff where anxiety pulls everything out of whack and uses up energy.

I'd still like to try mildronate. lol :rolleyes:

have you tested your blood serotonin?

Regina

have you tested your blood serotonin?
Hi skominac, Thx for your reply.
I have not. I suspect I am not a serotonergic type though. Personality-wise. (for whatever that means).
I did recently have blood catecholamines tested and was off the charts high noradrenaline. So this tendency rears its head on the mat.
I think something like that. Aikido is putting the spotlight on my life-long issues of anxiety and "giving myself away".
Aikido is fantastic and really good at bringing your self to your self. I'm just not sure how to improve the situation.

I'm not sure if it is physiological or psychological (chicken/egg). :hungover:

TeslaFan

Hi skominac, Thx for your reply.
I have not. I suspect I am not a serotonergic type though. Personality-wise. (for whatever that means).
I did recently have blood catecholamines tested and was off the charts high noradrenaline. So this tendency rears its head on the mat.
I think something like that. Aikido is putting the spotlight on my life-long issues of anxiety and "giving myself away".
Aikido is fantastic and really good at bringing your self to your self. I'm just not sure how to improve the situation.

I'm not sure if it is physiological or psychological (chicken/egg). :hungover:

Shortness of breath and anxiety are some of the signs of elevated serotonin. Serotonin is a constrictor or blood vessels, intestines, and generally of smooth muscles. I can relate to the problems you are describing, and my serotonin is consistently above the reference range.

Regina

Shortness of breath and anxiety are some of the signs of elevated serotonin. Serotonin is a constrictor or blood vessels, intestines, and generally of smooth muscles. I can relate to the problems you are describing, and my serotonin is consistently above the reference range.
Thx skominac! I hoped adding a couple of drops of metergoline could help my psychological issue.
Maybe I need something de-personalizing. ;)

Regina

Okay. The debilitating breathlessness did not happen tonight. Not that I was anything special. I was not. But I got through it.
I did only 1 drop metergoline, 1 drop androsterone, 1 drop MB and a little aspirin.

I think both monday and tuesday breathlessness was endotoxin. I had cracked a beautiful (expensive) front tooth crown on some take-out food that had a hard object in it. (ew gross, I know). I think the attempt to patch it was a failure and it was perhaps leaking bacteria. I had a temp crown nicely sealed on it this morning and felt a lot better.
It was a heavy throw night again and I was certainly huffin' n puffin', but it was not dreadful. Haha. I lived to train another day. :)

Dante

So, dopamine agonists which are generally prescribed for Parkinson's and other diseases can cause excessive gambling, hypersexuality,compulsive shopping,spending and eating etc. Any ideas why (is it simply because of depleted serotonin or are bigger things in play here) ?

Drareg

So, dopamine agonists which are generally prescribed for Parkinson's and other diseases can cause excessive gambling, hypersexuality,compulsive shopping,spending and eating etc. Any ideas why (is it simply because of depleted serotonin or are bigger things in play here) ?

It could be excess dopamine being converted to adrenalin causing the impulsivity?
I think somebody posted something on here along those lines recently.

Regina

It could be excess dopamine being converted to adrenalin causing the impulsivity?
I think somebody posted something on here along those lines recently.
Well, something in the Peating/Haidut stack has made me more resilient.
Last night, I received a bad throw. The mean kind--low and slammed into the mat. (better to be thrown from a height and not pile-driven into the mat).
It was right into my thoracic spine and I heard much crunching. I had to just lay there and blink a bit and wonder if I would leave on a stretcher. This is the sort of thing that would have taken me out of the game for considerable time.
However, I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop. I'm not feeling like anything at all happened last night. :???:
I'm happy about that.
But it's too bad that not everybody attends aikido for the purposes put forth by its founder.
It's not a place for impulsivity, adrenaline-junkie, kick-****, zero-sum behaviour.

Stryker

If I had to quit aikido, I would have a hard time wanting to keep up. I have yoga type strength/flexibility and technical finesse but horrendous endurance.

Mildronate is far stronger IMO in terms of increasing respiratory efficiency .

Last weekend i set up a superset kinda circuit in my home gym and was using my elevation mask set at "9,000 feet" and only allowing myself to breath through my nose
With no rest inbetween
220lb on deadlift to failure
Decline Push-ups to Failure
Barbell Military Press to Failure

I did two cycles of this back to back before my breathing was no longer adequate.

Its the third time i have run mildronate... and the performance increase in exertion and just average things in day to day life is sometimes just freakish.

If you can get your hands on it i highly recommend it.

Regina

Mildronate is far stronger IMO in terms of increasing respiratory efficiency .

Last weekend i set up a superset kinda circuit in my home gym and was using my elevation mask set at "9,000 feet" and only allowing myself to breath through my nose
With no rest inbetween
220lb on deadlift to failure
Decline Push-ups to Failure
Barbell Military Press to Failure

I did two cycles of this back to back before my breathing was no longer adequate.

Its the third time i have run mildronate... and the performance increase in exertion and just average things in day to day life is sometimes just freakish.

If you can get your hands on it i highly recommend it.
Woot Stryker. I'm definitely gonna try it!! Thx

TeslaFan

I tested Metergoline two times on my rat so far. Once per week only, and each dose was 2 drops sublingual. By the way, @haidut, is sublingual administration considered oral or topical, or is it it's own category? If so, how does it compare?

Rat felt comfortable and social. The good buzz stayed for several days after. I think Metergoline is good to take like this, once every few days. It seems the mildest of all ergot drugs, even more so than Hydergine (Ergoloid). Also, unlike with Lisuride and Bromocriptine, this rat had positive effects both while being on the drug, and after it cleared from the system.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I tested Metergoline two times on my rat so far. Once per week only, and each dose was 2 drops sublingual. By the way, @haidut, is sublingual administration considered oral or topical, or is it it's own category? If so, how does it compare?

Rat felt comfortable and social. The good buzz stayed for several days after. I think Metergoline is good to take like this, once every few days. It seems the mildest of all ergot drugs, even more so than Hydergine (Ergoloid). Also, unlike with Lisuride and Bromocriptine, this rat had positive effects both while being on the drug, and after it cleared from the system.

Thanks for this great feedback.
I think sublingual is technically topical, but it has different absorption routes from skin because the skin can actively metabolize some substances like steroids before they even reach the bloodstream. With sublingual I think the lypmhatic system is targeted more and it has been shown to elevate brain levels more than the same dose of oral/topical of some substances. For example, doing a mouthwash with sugar solution lowers brain serotonin and "central fatigue" while doing nothing systemically in terms of replenishing ATP or glycogen.
So, a smaller dose sublingual may do a lot more for the brain then larger oral/topical doses.

TeslaFan

Thanks for this great feedback.
I think sublingual is technically topical, but it has different absorption routes from skin because the skin can actively metabolize some substances like steroids before they even reach the bloodstream. With sublingual I think the lypmhatic system is targeted more and it has been shown to elevate brain levels more than the same dose of oral/topical of some substances. For example, doing a mouthwash with sugar solution lowers brain serotonin and "central fatigue" while doing nothing systemically in terms of replenishing ATP or glycogen.
So, a smaller dose sublingual may do a lot more for the brain then larger oral/topical doses.

Great. Thank you for the response!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals