OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
When taking metergoline and lisuride simultaneaously isn't the 5-HT1A antagonism of metergoline cancelled out by the lisuride agonism of the 5-HT1A?

If I administer cabergoline, a 5-HT2B agonist and metergoline, a 5-HT2B antagonist simultaneously to my rat, do the two cancel any effect on 5-HT2B ?

Cabergoline has a half life of about 3 days. Would metergoline have to be administered each of the 3 days to eliminate the agonist effect of cab?

Yes, you want 5-HT1 and 5-HT2B antagonism. So, combining metergoline or cyproheptadine with lisuride or cabergoline should help neutralize some of those side effects. I even posted a study showing cypro fully prevented the fibrotic effects of 5-HT2B agonists like cabergoline. And yes, if metergoline half life is shorter it will have to be used more often to balance the effects of cabergoline. Or you can use cypro as it has a half life of up to 12 hours in most people.

Chris1122

I don't think it is permament, but you can try some theanine as it seems to regulate both excessive dopaminergic and serotonergic activity.

Great, thanks. I'll give it a try. Do you think NAC (N-Acetyl Cysteine) could help regulate excessive dopamine as well?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Great, thanks. I'll give it a try. Do you think NAC (N-Acetyl Cysteine) could help regulate excessive dopamine as well?

Have not look into this, but I would not use NAC as you usually have plenty cystein floating around. If you want to raise glutathione, simply take glycine as it combined with cysteine to form glutathione, and it lowers free cysteine in the process. I suspect this is one of the mechanisms behind glycine's beneficial effects on thyroid - inhibiting absorption of tryptophan, methionine and cysteine and ability to deplete body stored of methionine and cysteine.

DennisX

Yes, you want 5-HT1 and 5-HT2B antagonism. So, combining metergoline or cyproheptadine with lisuride or cabergoline should help neutralize some of those side effects. I even posted a study showing cypro fully prevented the fibrotic effects of 5-HT2B agonists like cabergoline. And yes, if metergoline half life is shorter it will have to be used more often to balance the effects of cabergoline. Or you can use cypro as it has a half life of up to 12 hours in most people.

Thanks. You mentioned in a metergoline post that metergoline has a half life of about 12h. So either metergoline or cyproheptadine would cancel out cabergoline's agonism of 5-HT2B? Would cypro be better or worse than metergoline for this cancellation?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Thanks. You mentioned in a metergoline post that metergoline has a half life of about 12h. So either metergoline or cyproheptadine would cancel out cabergoline's agonism of 5-HT2B? Would cypro be better or worse than metergoline for this cancellation?

Cypro has been studied directly for 5-HT2B cancellation so it has more evidence behind it. Metergoline SHOULD also work as it is know to be 5-HT2B antagonist as well but I don't have much in vivo evidence to back it up with.

Stryker

A fellow researcher was telling me that their subject has been responding more positively when drops are applied and rubbed into the stomach.
This surface area might not be best for other subjects, but might be an idea for other researchers to try other areas on a subject, and see how they respond to treatment.

"Metergoline (MCE), an ergoline derivative with anti-serotoninergic activity was used in rats to determine its effect on the release of prolactin (PRL) and, possibly, the mechanism(s) of this neuroendocrine effect. MCE given by oral, intraperitoneal or subcutaneous route to reserpinized male and female rats proved to be an effective and long-lasting anti-prolactin agent. MCE lowered PRL in hypophysectomized (hypox) rats bearing an ectopic anterior pituitary (AP) when administered parenterally but was completely ineffective when administered orally. In rats with CNS-AP disconnection, blockade of pituitary dopamine (DA) receptors by pimozide completely prevented the PRL-lowering effect of parenterally administered MCE"

"The parietal peritoneum lines the abdominal wall and extends to the organs, whereas the visceral peritoneum covers the organs. The peritoneal cavity lies between these two peritoneal layers. It contains a thin layer of fluid that lubricates the peritoneal surfaces."

Interesting....

Mufasa

Taking metergoline for 3 weeks. Im feeling better than ever, while putting more demands on my body than I have also ever done in my life (40 office programming hours a week). This product just seems a perfect with me. Taking 4-8 drops twice a day.

One great thing about this, is that the effect seems to stay if I stop using it, like it is helping my body in a more fundamental way instead of a quick fix.

I keep experimenting with this, but initial reaction is super super positive. Feeling more social, more energy to do stuff after work. I feel no need or very little need to recover in the weekend. I wake up earlier. I sleep in better. Feeling more calm and grounded. Digestion had improved last couple of days, really hope that stays. Feeling more confident.

I could actually go on with stuff that seems to have improved noticably.

Hope you keep offering this product @haidut! I like it better than ritanserin, after some time it felt like working less, and it became to feel a bit like what reminded me about ritalin.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Taking metergoline for 3 weeks. Im feeling better than ever, while putting more demands on my body than I have also ever done in my life (40 office programming hours a week). This product just seems a perfect with me. Taking 4-8 drops twice a day.

One great thing about this, is that the effect seems to stay if I stop using it, like it is helping my body in a more fundamental way instead of a quick fix.

I keep experimenting with this, but initial reaction is super super positive. Feeling more social, more energy to do stuff after work. I feel no need or very little need to recover in the weekend. I wake up earlier. I sleep in better. Feeling more calm and grounded. Digestion had improved last couple of days, really hope that stays. Feeling more confident.

Hope you keep offering this product @haidut! I like it better than ritanserin, after some time it felt like working less, and it became to feel a bit like what reminded me about ritalin.

Awesome, thanks for sharing! We should have it restocked this week.

bruschi11

@Mufasa how long did you go without taking it without really having a rebound as you stated?

Have you measured blood pressure on it compared to ritanserin?
I'm trying to lower cortisol and thus systolic blood pressure and I read that ritanserin can be more stimulating.

DennisX

Just curious if there are any studies that compare metergoline to cabergoline for prolatin antagonism. For instance would your best guess applying 3.3mg transdermal metergoline per day to my rat be equivalent to giving the rat 0.5mg of cabergolin twice a week?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Just curious if there are any studies that compare metergoline to cabergoline for prolatin antagonism. For instance would your best guess applying 3.3mg transdermal metergoline per day to my rat be equivalent to giving the rat 0.5mg of cabergolin twice a week?

The studies I have seen show that metergoline is only slightly less effective than bromocriptine at the same dose. So, 3.3mg metergoline will probably equal the effects of 2.5mg bromocriptine. Not sure if you can compare with cabergoline given the much longer half life of the latter but 2.5mg bromocriptine daily have been shown to cause similar drop in prolactin as 0.5mg cabergoline twice weekly.

Last edited:

DennisX

Pramipexole has no binding affinities for 5HT2a,2b,2c, 5HT1a,1b,1d nor the D1 receptor and D5 receptor. It's an agonist for the D2 , D3 and D4 receptors with it's strongest affinity for the D3.
With 1mg of prami, oral, my rat gets a very strong libido and very short refractory period. With 3.3mg of metergoline, transdermal, my rat feels nothing. @haidut what would be your opinion of why there is this difference of effects? 1mg prami per day is equivalent to 0.5 cabergoline twice a week for prolactin suppression.

A caution to those who those who wish to try prami, the primi dose MUST be titrated for a week to 10days starting at 0.25mg, else very uncomfortable side effects will occur if one was to start at 1mg.

@haidut, Question: Since oral prami has to go through the liver, would transdermal primi eliminate the side effects?

bruschi11

To all users that have tried this, ritanserin, cyproheptadine.

My biggest issue with ritanserin and cypro was definitely the constipation side of things. Literally could not make a bowel movement.

Is this much less with metergoline? And @haidut not to be a pain in the butt, but do you know when metergoline will be back in stock?

I can't believe I actually gave in after two weeks and followed doctors prescription of aripiprazole (abilify). Having an awful week with horrible anxiety from this. 40-72 hour half life!!!!! Need this to get out of me and start the heck over. I was doing pretty well with cypro (1mg 3 times a day) and lisuride (every few days 4 drops).

Last edited:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
To all users that have tried this, ritanserin, cyproheptadine.

My biggest issue with ritanserin and cypro was definitely the constipation side of things. Literally could not make a bowel movement.

Is this much less with metergoline? And @haidut not to be a pain in the butt, but do you know when metergoline will be back in stock?

I can't believe I actually gave in after two weeks and followed doctors prescription of aripiprazole (abilify). Having an awful week with horrible anxiety from this. 40-72 hour half life!!!!! Need this to get out of me and start the heck over. I was doing pretty well with cypro (1mg 3 times a day) and lisuride (every few days 4 drops).

Metergoline should be available again tomorrow.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Metergoline is back in stock. Not a big batch, but we should have a bigger one by the end of the month.

pepsi

First I'd like to say that the irritation subject gets from other products
due to the DMSO is much better with metergoline, actually there is no
skin irritation(redness or burning) that subject can feel.

While on metergoline, subject felt more motivated to do things and depression eased.
Subject stopped metergoline for almost a week now, to test for placebo effect,
and the motivation dropped and depression was as before, like a dense hanging cloud, better some days, worse others, but much better overall since Peating.
Subject was taking 4-6 drops a day because of the cost.

Something strange that happened while subject was taking metergoline is that subjects tooth stopped hurting.
Subject has a sensitive tooth that feels like theres a cavity growing there or something.
This feeling went away after a few days use of metergoline. After stopping metergoline,
the tooth sensitivity/pain is back. It's a nice effect and I think it was metergoline, but just wonder why this would happen?

Subject will start back up today to see if similar results are observed.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
First I'd like to say that the irritation subject gets from other products
due to the DMSO is much better with metergoline, actually there is no
skin irritation(redness or burning) that subject can feel.

While on metergoline, subject felt more motivated to do things and depression eased.
Subject stopped metergoline for almost a week now, to test for placebo effect,
and the motivation dropped and depression was as before, like a dense hanging cloud, better some days, worse others, but much better overall since Peating.
Subject was taking 4-6 drops a day because of the cost.

Something strange that happened while subject was taking metergoline is that subjects tooth stopped hurting.
Subject has a sensitive tooth that feels like theres a cavity growing there or something.
This feeling went away after a few days use of metergoline. After stopping metergoline,
the tooth sensitivity/pain is back. It's a nice effect and I think it was metergoline, but just wonder why this would happen?

Subject will start back up today to see if similar results are observed.

Last edited:

Dhair

I'm confused as to how one might dose this.
Subject takes anywhere from 3 to 6 drops at a time on average and he definitely get a more clear-headed and overall serene feeling. He is taking it for anxiety and mild gyno.
Subject has a feeling that he would feel better if he took more, but he's not sure if this is safe to take long term or in high doses. Would problems arise from 8+ drops per day when being used for a few weeks without stopping?

DaveFoster

@haidut

I don't believe this has been addressed in this thread. Does metergoline have the downstream effects on adrenaline as most dopamine agonists, such as caffeine, or is it absent from the ergoline class (specifically metergoline)?