It's Just Bad

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Cheers,
It's first time I'm writing on the forum. I'm Polish, so forgive, please, my rife mistakes and poor language.
My everyday life is kind of ( in few words), exhausting, unbearable, unpleasant, full of apathy, nervousness, temporary excitement, boredom, listlessness, passivity. I'm male 21 years old.

Ok, my symtoms:
- sluggish, lethargic all day,
- hypoglicemia very often,
- short breath, extremely strong urge to take a deep breath, yawning, sighing frequently,
- brain fog, brain fog, brain fog...
- very strong difficulty in concentration, understanding when someone is talking to me,
- night sweating, feeling hot,
- IBS, cramps, sloshing, feeling liquid in intestines, stabbing pain in left or right side or both, bloating, LOTS LOTS of gas, can't pass gas, I feel relief after defecation, for a while
- constipation, cascara helps, sometimes I have to take 2 tsp of magnesium chloride, for good big watery poop :)
- complete lack of motivation, mild depression, sometimes feeling anhedonia
- feeling bad in cold and hot( even worse), cold hands and feet
- hot flashes in the night
- headaches, pain all over the body, especially in legs( standing at work, 8 hours makes it worse), feet
- muscle sores, lasting 2-4 days after physical effort ( carrying heavy furnitures at work especially)
- weakness, dizzyness, strange derealization/ foggy feeling,
- physical effort is very exhausting,
- veeery sleepy all the time, sometimes I wake up at 6 am(day off), take a nap at 12-3pm, and again at 6pm
- strong nausea, sometimes less, sometimes more, poor appetite( when I was younger I had much better)
- dry hair, severe dandruff, very oily hair,
- quite puffy face, dark circles under eyes, dry skin

I was taking pregnenolone 50mg - feeling nothing, thyroid( desiccated) TSH lowers, no significant improvement, T3- no reaction, casacara sagrada helps little, methylene blue- i don't know.
I was taking androsterone in form of 1-andro, no reaction. Also arimestane with quite improvement with nigh hot flashes. Vitamin E (268mg of alfa- tocopherol in capsule). Bromocriptine doesn't work (notice nothing).
Now I take cyproheptadine( even 6 mg a day)- it's good for anxiety but very sedating, hepls for high adrenaline, good for sleep, relaxing, but nothing special. Acetazolamide ( CO2), maybe slight ''something'', lot of peeing, 750mg every two days. Tetracycline low dose - 70mg. I also take thymol (like 50-100mg) Nothing happens.
I have the biggest problem with adequate calorie( sugar) and protein consumption, bloody sickness, feeling so bloated...
When I eat a lot of sugar at once, I got terrible pain cramps and bloating. It's a bad sign.
I eat only sugar - 300-400g, little canned fruit without skin, chicken liver, tripe ( delicious if you don't have nausea), 0.5- 1 liter of milk( 0.5% fat), cottage cheese, some goat cheese, gelatin 3-5 tsp, some coconut oil. Low fiber help slightly.
I remember feeling awkward and foggy during my childhood but it wasn't so severe, gut problems were noticeable 5-6 years ago and it was increasing. Also hypoglicemia and adrenaline and serotonin( nice social anxiety) was a problem even 6 years ago.

Any ideas? It seems I am a hard case...
Have you seen this thread and the threads linked within it?

Solved? - IBS, SIBO, GERD, LPR, Colitis, Constipation, Celiac, Brain Fog

thomas00

I'm back, of course nothing changed.

I got some blood tests. I was quite surprised by increased iron level- 32.4 ummol/l / 180.8 ug/dl (it ''should be'' 58.6 to 157 ug/dl)
sodium- 140.1 mmol/l
potassium- 3.73 mmol/l
LDL cholesterol- 1.9 mmol/l, 73.5 mg/dl too low???
HDL cholesterol- 0.86 mmol/l, 33.28 mg/dl ??? low
non-HDL cholesterol- 2.54 mmol/l, 98.30 mg/dl
TSH- 0.786 uIU/ml
FT4- 15.79 pmol/l
glucose- 4.96 mmol/l, 89.38 mg/dl
Triglycerides- 1.47 mmol/l, 128.63 mg/dl
WBC 4.7 thou./ul (4-10)
Monocytes % 11 (2-10)

What goes on? I feel like c**p but most of lab tests are ''good''.
TSH is low but I'm lethargic all day and my hands and feel easily get cold, morning temperature is like 36.3 - 36.4( Celsius) and pulse often 50-55, low blood pressure(90/55 - 100-60). T3 and dessicated thyroid does nothing.

I hope to get some potato protein, but I found only for animal feed( 80% or more protein, generally clean, in theory, it should be free from mold, microorganisms etc.) In practice- I don't know. It may be good and nutritious food after slow, long cooking.

What do you think?

I think you are a chronically hypothyroid. Certainly all your symptoms suggest that.

I think you've been a bit peppered with advice that consists mostly of diet tweeks which can distract from the main problem, addition of supplements of questionable safety and some other odd angles from the alternative health world...

Start with the basics and get your metabolism up. Thyroid will not work if cholesterol is too low. What is your total cholesterol? If it's low you need to increase it with fruit. Vitamin D is also extremely important for thyroid to work. Are you getting enough sun or supplementing with d3?

Your diet looks like it could be a bit lowish in B vitamins too. Ray has stated they need to be in place for thyroid to work so you need that happening too.

And which brands of thyroid are using?

You could try a course of doxy or minocycline for your IBS. If that doesn't give you relief then it's all down to thyroid, probably.

OP
Jacob28

Jacob28

Unfortunetely I can't eat too much fruit, also fructose = big flatulence and intestinal pain, I try to eat more table sugar, but it may be too little.
I ordered some glucose and I going to use it daily, divided to small portions( I know it's not too much peaty but it doesn't give me those unpleasant intestinal symptoms)

I'm getting some sun, but it can be too little. I don't supplement D3.
Also I don't use B complex.
I may take some vitamins but I'm afraid that I don't absorp it.

I use(d) T3 from UNI-PHARMA 25ug
a day. I've been using it maybe 3 months ago for 4 weeks, without any improvement.

Today I have another problem- It's quite hot day and I became thirsty. I was sipping some juice( multivitamin) with baking soda and sone salt, but my thirst increased and didn't go away. I couldn't quench it, first just drinking lot of coke, eating watery ice cream, then I started taking quite big amounts of salt and baking soda, but I'm still thirsty...
My stomach is full of liquid! Today I wasn't even feel hungry, only this damn thirst. I'm of course very weak and don't have strength to do something.
My daily little anguish.

OP
Jacob28

Jacob28

Btw, did somebody use Rifaximin? What is the proper dose? Maybe I'll start taking it with some Nystatin, but I'm not really sure.

Also, does activated charcoal really apsorb that much toxins, including endotoxins, hormones, unbidden guests( bacteria, fungi) or it's just a bit overrated?
I was taking sometimes lots of AC and don't see THAT much effects, perhaps a little bit...

Last edited:

thomas00

Unfortunetely I can't eat too much fruit, also fructose = big flatulence and intestinal pain, I try to eat more table sugar, but it may be too little.
I ordered some glucose and I going to use it daily, divided to small portions( I know it's not too much peaty but it doesn't give me those unpleasant intestinal symptoms)

I'm getting some sun, but it can be too little. I don't supplement D3.
Also I don't use B complex.
I may take some vitamins but I'm afraid that I don't absorp it.

I use(d) T3 from UNI-PHARMA 25ug
a day. I've been using it maybe 3 months ago for 4 weeks, without any improvement.

I think just consuming more cholesterol containing foods can increase your levels if you aren't handling fruit well at the moment.

I've read a lot of people complaining about that particular t3 product. There is a lot of junk thyroid on the market. Stick with cynomel, cynoplus, Idealab's tyromax and tyromix. They get consistently good reviews. Anything else is just adding in a variable that comes with using a sub-par product.

Vitamin D is very important. If it's really low you won't notice any heat being produced by good quality thyroid. It's worth getting your levels checked if you can. Getting sunlight is crucial.

The drowsiness from cyprohetadine subsides when the metabolism is raised.

OP
Jacob28

Jacob28

Do you really think my T3 is rather poorish quality? I thought they all are quite similar and it doesn't matter so much which brand it is. I do hope it works better if it's from good brand.

But I'm still quite confused and really don't know what to do; I got this 'miraculous' potato protein but it tastes and smells like s**t. It's just so hard to eat/ drink. Hopefully is easy to digest.

So my T3 doesn't work, because it's subpar product and I don't have enough D3 but I can't have enough D3 because of low apsorbtion in gut and low thyroid function and I have low functioning thyroid because of gut problems, too much endotoxins and too low dietary protein and carbohydrates, but I can't have much protein( any kind) because of gut problems, overgrowth of bacteria- producing those horrible ammonia, smelly, poisoning substances, gas and endotoxins.
I also can't eat too much that 'great' and 'priceless' fructose which creates REALLY not nice, and unpleasant gas and flatulence and pain.
And it doesn't work properly as energy source.
So I can't even strenghthen my thyroid with carbs or protein, T3 does not work, sun works just for a while and too weak, protein does not work properly, gut does not work properly.
Even salt doesn't help too much, cause it's excreten too fast, so I'd have to eat like 100g a day, but it hurts my intestines( burning sensation, cramps) even when properly dissolved. I don't know if even sodium( ascorbate? citrate? baking soda?) can meet my body's needs. Sometimes despite of taking lots of sodiun I have that damn unquenchable thirst.

What do I do? I'm completely confused and broken. I don't even want to try more, because I don't have a strenghth or a will.
I feel like I'm lost, just waiting for something to happen, but that 'magical' moment of improvement doesn't come.

redspy

@Jacob28
Could you please remind us, how and when your condition started? I think you wrote that a younger age you were doing fine? Any triggers in life?
Have you got any lab tests? (liver, iron, hemoglobin, TSH..b12, blood glucose, cholesterol, prolactin, Vit D...)
Have you tried being 100% gluten free? Some people do wonders without gluten (as a gradual improvement, not overnight!)
Could it be you are a poor methylator? Would require balancing B vitamins and can be quite complex.
Don't give up, buddy. The solution could be one small step away!

OP
Jacob28

Jacob28

I don't want to copy, so you should look at the previous page, I have done some blood work for cholesterol, tsh, iron, and a couple more.

It's true that when I was young I was doing 100 times better than today, but still had some unpleasant symptoms( talking about cold hands and feet, mild depression episodes, low motivation, sometimes easily get tired, fatigue, digestion problems, some blood sugar problems, mild anhedonia, trouble with sleeping, constipation, difficulty in standing for longer period of time, headache, lock-jaw during sleep etc.) which were gradually increasing, then a couple of moments of sudden breakdown, after periods of severe daily( and absuletely unnecessary) stress( school).

Those were the worst triggers- especially stress, I always felt worse from autumn to spring, also too much time spent in front of computer, quite too little sunlight at summer( as my health got worse I just didn't want to spend time outdoors) and so forth.

I've never been 100% gluten free for a long time, there were always some moments when I ate some white bread, pasta or even more.

I don't know if I'm a poor methylator, but I guess I have B complex deficiency for a very long time( I remember often getting cheilosis, those strange little wounds behind ears- often painful, danfruff, very dry skin, mouth ulcers)

Thank you for your answer. I'm so down today( actually for last few months), so your answer is like a 'balm for my soul' :)

Last edited:

thomas00

Do you really think my T3 is rather poorish quality? I thought they all are quite similar and it doesn't matter so much which brand it is. I do hope it works better if it's from good brand.

Most probably. I have read on thyroid forums people complaining about it and ive never read of anyone on this one using it. Stick with the proven brands that have a track record.

So my T3 doesn't work, because it's subpar product and I don't have enough D3 but I can't have enough D3 because of low apsorbtion in gut

How do you know you have poor absorption? The only way to tell is if you get your d3 levels checked. Even if you did have poor absorption, you can use fat soluble vitamins on your skin. You just have to use more.

and I have low functioning thyroid because of gut problems,

Do you have a good reason to believe that?

What do I do?

Get some good quality thyroid.

Make sure your vitamin D is adequate, obtain bloodwork if you can so you don't need to guess what your levels are.

Eat what doesn't upset you and don't fuss over diet so much at this point in time.

You could try a different antibiotic- pen VK, doxy, minocycline, rifaximin...

Soika

What is your thyroid panel? You have to exclude your hypothyroidism and adrenal insufficiency caused by T3 deficiency. All your symptoms consistent with this diagnosis. To know more about circadian method of taking t3. If you have hypothyroidism, nothing will help you except T3 plus T4. Before. You have to refine this moment. If you have hypothyroidism, you just lose precious time. The further you go, it would be harder to correct. (i m sorry for my english). Only t3 can be inadequate therapy for you

Last edited:
OP
Jacob28

Jacob28

What do you think about thybon 20 hennig? (T3, German) it seems it's available in my country. The brands you've mentioned aren't available to me.

redspy

@Jacob28

Ok, buddy, here are two of the most crucial helpful things that you could address (apart from getting a good thyroid supplement)
1. You said you haven't tried removing gluten yet. This is excellent news. While it may not be the cause of all trouble, it is almost sure one of the most symptom-causing factors, that due to messed up digestion and your gut is letting undigested gluten through into the bloodstream. Highly likely, and if that is the case, many many mental issues are most likely caused by gluten and neural peptides looking similar to the immune system. Essentially what happens is a chronic brain inflammation... Anyway, that's the theory. That the immune system in an attempt to rid body of undigested gluten, attacks own nerve cells. Practically speaking, for me, stopping gluten (3 years ago) has been the MOST important life changing thing! Good God, night and day! Constipation greatly improved. Before, just a small dry amount, having to strain hard just to get it out. These days, the amount excreted each day is 3-4 times as much. But most importantly my mental state has gotten waaay better! Can't even describe.. Before.. walking with a sense of oppression , negativity, worry, fear.. Negative events (even minor ones), arguments with relatives, troubles at work, would just wreck me. These days are gone! Staying positive even when ***t hits the fan! All gluten! Tested for gluten intolerance with blood test on two occasions before, both NEGATIVE... (no gluten sensitivity apparently) but gosh I wish I stopped eating gluten way before I did, would have saved me so much trouble during the best years in life (20s and 30s)

2. Gallbladder liver flush. Olive oil and lemon juice. Andreas Moritz and Hulda Clark. Before stopping gluten, doing this flush was the only thing that could make me feel decent and regain positive outlook in life. It turbocharged digestion and elimination, albeit short term (effect is best the first 3-7 days). The theory is that poor bile flow from the liver, causes bile to produce clumps, stones of a kind that cause even more stagnation of bile. No bile, causing poor peristalisis (intestinal motility) causing constipation, toxin reabsorption etc.) Purging liver stones is a lifesaver in case you feel messed up and all hope seems out. I have been doing liver flush on average every 2 month even after stopping gluten. Makes you feel young, rejuvenated, horny (wanting sex), jumpy yet calm and confident and worry free.

Here are the main rules for gluten:
1. 100%... Just a small amount will set you back just as bad. Complete gluten removal is a must. It's a matter of immunological cascade, the body does not care if it is only a grain of gluten, the whole army gets moblized.
2. Give it time. Results are slow to appear. 3-4 weeks are needed to start seeng first results. Then, the more time passes the better it is. 6th moths is good and solid feel. 1 year even better.. Patience and perseverance. Leading a diary could help you track your progress.

Rules for liver flush:
1. 2pm last solid food intake.
2. From 18-20 o'clock drink epsom salt. A glass or two. about one tablespoon per 200ml warm water. 2 glasses are needed on the firs day.
3. 22:00 pm, drink 125-150ml warm olive oil together with similar amount of hand pressed lemon/lime juice (done with grapefruit juice too, but at least a juice of one lemon is a must)
4. Drinking oil is nasty and you will hate it. There are tricks to do it. Press your nose when doing a sip of oil, and before you open, do a sip of juice. Don't open your nose before drinking juice while oil is still in your throat.
5. Go to bed right away. If you feel uneasy, you ve got air trapped, so you need to burp it out. Doing a couple body leans, bends, squats and twists helps you burp.
6. At night you may wake up feeling strongly nauseated. Don't panic, it is normal and will go away. Hold your oil inside, try not to vomit.
7. In the morning upon waking up drink another glass of epsom salt.
8. This whole day, eat lightly, only small amount of fat if any.
9. Sometime during the day you will have strong intestinal purge, green bile stones will pass.
10. On the following day it is good to do an enema. I do coffee enema, but you can pick your favourite.

Let me know if you have questions.

OP
Jacob28

Jacob28

I think I'm no yet ready for such an experiments as gallblader flush. Frankly, I don't even believe that this might help me, if not do any harm.

I strongly agree with you for gluten being real c**p, I observed quite worsening of my intestinal symptoms if ate even small amounts of gluten.
Also I see, some of preservatives and additives for food and drugs are very harmful to(for?) my gut.
E.g. silicon dioxide, magnesium stearate I guess, talc(!) (how can they put something like that into the tablet?!), perhaps sodium starch glycolate, nitrates( thin, smoked,
sausages know as kabanosy ;) sorbitol, titanium dioxide...
I have to stop eating that damn thing immidiately.
Also starch is doing no good to me, the same with eggs, grounded coffee- irritating gut, and a couple of more.

redspy

Yeah, agree, the sh..t that it worst for constipation and hence, the mood, in my opinion:
gluten, eggs (I do still eat it 1-2 times per week though, since I like them and can get away with eating one or two), black tea, red wine (anything that has tannins),too much fat, reduce fats to about 2 tea spoons a day at least short-term. Alcohol is bad, beer.. Vinegar is no good. Milk is causing gas and bloated belly, I do buy lactose free milk and drink a lot of it, it lets me stay Peaty. Watermelon, strawberry in small amount. Watermelon constipating pretty hard. As for deli meat, what you call sausage, lot's of nitrate and junk in it..once in while can eat, but mostly avoid. Instead boil a quality full chicken in 5 L pot for 3 hours with bay leaf, a couple whole onions an some pepper. Then filter the chicken broth, add potatoes, carrot, fried onion, and some finely sliced cabbage (a bit anti-thyroid so in small amounts). Home made chicken soup is wonderful and nourishing, especially at winter. Add boiled chicken meat in the end. If done correctly it will solidify in the fridge because of high gelatine content. Gelatin is the best protein you can get, tastes Wonderfull too! Green salads, are causing gas and constipation.. I boil salad in salty water on top of a pot with boiling potatoes, then eat it with sour cream and salt, very tasty and has good source of calcium.
As for fearing liver flush, I feel your worry, I have felt it too. I have to tell you that it is pretty safe. 125 ml oil is actually not that much, comparable with a mega serving of deep fried food, or a heavy cream based ice-cream. There are books written on liver flush. Check out a guy named Dr. Kenneth Sutter. He cured anything from itch to cancer for himself and his clients. He is a chiropractor and stresses how safe they are in every interview. It does not hurt to check with ultrasound that you don't have calcified gallbladder stones, if you do, flushing could be dangerous. If you want to wait with liver flushing, I respect your choice. However, if I felt messed up beyond hope, I would do my trusted flush, way before I would go to doctors or try any medications. Having done 50+ flushes, it is a solid tool when nothing else seems to work and hope is out. Cheers.

OP
Jacob28

Jacob28

Unfortunetely gelatin for me= flatulence and very smelly gases.

I really hope that T3 would help me with my obvious hypothyroidism but the thing is, I can't order any checked, peaty brands like Cynomel, here in Poland, there aren't even any T3 drugs available, except Euthyrox/ Lethyrox, which are, 'surprise' drugs with just T4
I think I can get German one though. It's called thybon 20 (henning) maybe it's better quality than Uni-Pharmas'

redspy

As far as I know all thyroid medication is prescription based so it's a pain to purchase T4 and T3 without asking a doctor to prescribe it to you first. If you've got a note from a doctor, you could get it even in Poland. Otherways EU rules on drugs are pretty similar.. Germany, Poland same thing...

milkboi

Unfortunetely gelatin for me= flatulence and very smelly gases.

I really hope that T3 would help me with my obvious hypothyroidism but the thing is, I can't order any checked, peaty brands like Cynomel, here in Poland, there aren't even any T3 drugs available, except Euthyrox/ Lethyrox, which are, 'surprise' drugs with just T4
I think I can get German one though. It's called thybon 20 (henning) maybe it's better quality than Uni-Pharmas'
Where do you get the german one?

OP
Jacob28

Jacob28

Unfortunetely there's no way I can get from my doctor. She wouldn't even want to prescribe me T4( which is standard and only thyroid medication here) because my TSH is very low(0.786), so I'm not hypothyroid...
I found only T3 brand- that german thybon, on so called free market, adverts- buy and sell, someone bought it in Germany and wants to sell.
I read that some people on the forum were using it, but I'm not sure it's good quality T3 which works :/
Sorry for my broken English

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals