Why is midly hot (chilli) food lowering stiffness?

Gustav3Y

I mention I have not tried very hot foods.

I have massive neck stiffness and dizziness because of that, pains in the trapezius muscle, sternocleidomastoid musles, neck bones popping, nape pains etc. Mainly on the right side of the body.
Sometimes but not always hot food can lower the stiffness and pain to a bearable level in a matter of an hour, of course it does not solve it.
But other times it does nothing at all, which is quite interesting also.

I have massive neck stiffness and dizziness because of that, pains in the trapezius muscle, sternocleidomastoid musles, neck bones popping, nape pains etc. Mainly on the right side of the body.
Sometimes but not always hot food can lower the stiffness and pain to a bearable level in a matter of an hour, of course it does not solve it.

Capsaicin in peppers is known to be a pain reliever. I make cayenne pepper heat patches for my husband's back pain and he says it works better that the over-the-counter medicine patches.

mrchibbs

In korean culture they use very spicy foods as a way to relieve pent up stress. It definitely does something good in certain circumstances.

In korean culture they use very spicy foods as a way to relieve pent up stress. It definitely does something good in certain circumstances.
I love LOVE LOVE spicy peppers and hot sauce! I have as always said if i were stuck on an deserted island and I could only bring one thing it would be hot sauce!

OP
G

Gustav3Y

Wouldn't spicy food raise NO and Histamines, thus cause other negatives effects downstream?

But well histamines can be increased/released by so many other things that are not spicy.

Birdie

Well, this makes me sad because I cannot tolerate any nightshades. Not even a capsaicin cream for me. But it sounds delicious.

redsun

Spicy foods increase opioid activity making it easier for you to relax.

Wouldn't spicy food raise NO and Histamines, thus cause other negatives effects downstream?

But well histamines can be increased/released by so many other things that are not spicy.

I think it is the of those "what heals you kills" you foods. Peppers are much easier on the histamine situation being fresh and high in vitamin C. The vinegar laden hot sauces can be trouble if histamines are high.

OP
G

Gustav3Y

Spicy foods increase opioid activity making it easier for you to relax.
Quite impressive.
Is there something could support or oppose the opiod activity also that could explain why sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't?

redsun

Quite impressive.
Is there something could support or oppose the opiod activity also that could explain why sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't?
It depends on how much you eat and how often you eat. You can get desensitized to the effects somewhat but not entirely.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals