High Estrogen, Cortisol, Adrenaline, Serotonin, Prolactin Symptoms

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Strongbad said:
This thread needs to be sticky. It's a great reference for people with symptoms to find what's wrong with their hormones

Done.

dd99 said:
Maybe add the summary list of symptoms to the wiki?

Hopefully someone will do this.

johnsmith

Could anyone fit.....

-depression
-anger
-substance abuse cravings

into that list? Im sure the list could be improved somehow.

A. squamosa

is serotonin and diarrehoea always linked? I am taking cypro at the moment but I am still having diarrehoea, despite the cypro limiting the amount of stress-based energy I experience.

Motif

is serotonin and diarrehoea always linked? I am taking cypro at the moment but I am still having diarrehoea, despite the cypro limiting the amount of stress-based energy I experience.

What does cypro do. for you?

A. squamosa

removing a lot of stress based energy in the morning and throughout the day - basically I just feel tired a lot! I'm also more aware of when stress hormones do start ramp up and so I can respond by trying to calm myself or eat something, rather than being unaware of them because of their constant presence and my reliance on them. I also feel like my stress reactions to things are less severe

Motif

removing a lot of stress based energy in the morning and throughout the day - basically I just feel tired a lot! I'm also more aware of when stress hormones do start ramp up and so I can respond by trying to calm myself or eat something, rather than being unaware of them because of their constant presence and my reliance on them. I also feel like my stress reactions to things are less severe

But it makes you tired?

I hope it will help with my histamine issues and don't make me tired

A. squamosa

It only makes me tired because I was relying on stress hormones for my energy before, so it's actually a really good thing that it makes me tired. Not as tired as when I first started taking it, though.

A. squamosa

My dose is tiny - no more than 2mg each night, usually just 1mg a night. I've been taking it for a week and a half, and I'll stop after I reach 2 weeks.

If I feel I start to rely on stress hormones again after that then I may recommence taking it for a short period, but it's just good to have it for a short while so it gives you some time to heal and recover from serotonin.

Motif

Why you wanna stop after that short period of time?

I guess the symptoms will come right back after stopping, or why wouldn't they?

A. squamosa

I'm using cypro to lower serotonin in my gut, and while I'm using it I'm eating as Ray Peat-like as possible, which I'll continue to do after I stop taking it. I don't think all the serotonin will suddenly rush back when I stop taking it. Cypro is a treatment for a problem, not something that merely lessens symptoms of a problem.

A. squamosa

Also, I want to stop after a short period of time because it's my preference to not regularly rely on anything but food for my health. Medication is good for when food and various life practices just aren't working - just my personal outlook.

A. squamosa

Well ... balance your blood sugar as much as you can, and don't eat things that stimulate more serotonin in the gut, so for one thing eat things that you personally find easily digestible, but then there are also foods (e.g. pineapple, medjool dates, muscle meat I think) that stimulate serotonin or have serotonin like effects, so better to avoid those, or if not avoid them, employ methods that lower their impact.
Also just in general try and implement calming things throughout your day.

also, I have experienced some constipation whilst on cypro - so just be prepared to deal with that (e.g. cascara sagrada) in case it's an issue for you, too.

Motif

Constipation is a huge issue since I was a little kid. I only can go daily to toilet when I take much ox bile to every meal

A. squamosa

constipation – Functional Performance Systems (FPS) check that out, and don't overdo fibre, and maybe you'd benefit from cascara sagrada, but read up on it before taking it of course.

as far as I understand it - and someone correct me if I'm wrong - serotonin contributes more to loose bowel movements, it's adrenalin that contributes to constipation (amongst other things, obviously)

Motif

Thanks!

But in my case the gallbladder seems to cause the constipation I think, cause bowel movements are perfect with ox bile.

But I wonder what's the reason for my gallbladder issues.

A. squamosa

In my opinion, if you have bile problems it's kind of hard to tell if it's the gallbladder or the liver unless medically ascertained.
I have a gall bladder and/or liver issue myself - having plenty of coffee and taurine to support me, and progest e (but I'm a female so could be different for you), and sometimes k2. Hoping the issues will work themselves out eventually.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals