Nausea, Gut Cramping, Hot Flashes/then Chills

Darleen

Hello everyone, I’m having some gut issues for a long time now and I’m trying to figure out what going on. As I listed in the title, these are my main symptoms that come out of nowhere. I can’t attribute it to a certain food, or supplement. It can happen anywhere from once a week or once every couple of months. I get nauseous, hot I start to panic, sometimes I get dizzy, then after about 10 mins or so I go cold. I don’t normally have an immediate need or feeling to go to the bathroom (it takes about 10-30 minutes for the feeling to come and then I get lower abdominal cramping) most times i am constipated with a feeling of being poisoned, sometimes my whole body tremors. Recently it has happened three times this month and sometimes are more severe than others. When it’s most severe I will take Pepto bismol as it is the only thing that seems to help. When I’m not having these episodes (Day tot day) I always have boating and gas (occasion nausea) and I cannot digest my food at all without betaine hcl. This all started about 3 years ago when I was making homemade fermented foods. It was quite severe at that time and it felt like anaphylactic shock in a way back when it started and now although less severe, it still seems this way. After a year of not knowing what was going on I was diagnosed with gastritis and possible gastroparesis (never went back for that testing) I have also found out my genetic testing showed I have a sulfur,cbs and histamine snp. So I assumed the gut infection/bacteria is overwhelmed my liver and ability to detox properly. I am now eating the way of ray peat for the last 5-6 months, meats, fruits, well cooked rice ( if I’m nauseous that is the most appealing to me and keeps me from having hypoglycemic episodes) honey, milk, butter, coconut oil and carrot salad. I have been to many doctors, ND’s, homeopaths, tons of tests run. I feel the only thing that showed helpful was the genetic test in my opinion. all tests show “normal” but as per my symptoms and temperatures, I am hypothyroid. I am now taking some cascara, I’m on progesterone which has quite helpful for hormonal symptoms. I have no idea what kind of bacteria or toxin this is. I’ve also tried charcoal at times but it doesn’t give relief when the episodes happen. Only Pepto and I had thought that Pepto worked bc it is binding sulfur bacteria and h2s gas. I know I have endotoxins but the carrot salad does not seem to be enough. Thank you for any insights Or thoughts it is much appreciated

R J

This used to happen to me when I started on path to better health and then later on too when I started improving a lot again. I even fainted a couple times. It always had to do with going to bathroom as well. Plus a lot of existential health related anxiety.

I think I was clearing out a lot of bad stuff

OP
D

Darleen

This used to happen to me when I started on path to better health and then later on too when I started improving a lot again. I even fainted a couple times. It always had to do with going to bathroom as well. Plus a lot of existential health related anxiety.

Oh wow. Yes once I had gone to the emergency room from dizziness along with this (also was after the ppi’s I was on to heal erosive gastritis)
I’ve been worried I have some kind of lymes or mold toxicity.
Thanks for sharing. I’m hoping I can finally be free of this, it is awful.

R J

Oh wow. Yes once I had gone to the emergency room from dizziness along with this (also was after the ppi’s I was on to heal erosive gastritis)
I’ve been worried I have some kind of lymes or mold toxicity.
Thanks for sharing. I’m hoping I can finally be free of this, it is awful.

There’s another user that mentioned similar issues, too. I think it sounds like an endotoxin reaction. I went to ER a couple times too, but once I accepted that sometimes it’s part of the process of healing, I stopped getting so anxious about it. It sounds like you’re on the track to getting much healthier so I would try to keep negative episodes in perspective to the aim of an overall positive trajectory.

OP
D

Darleen

There’s another user that mentioned similar issues, too. I think it sounds like an endotoxin reaction. I went to ER a couple times too, but once I accepted that sometimes it’s part of the process of healing, I stopped getting so anxious about it. It sounds like you’re on the track to getting much healthier so I would try to keep negative episodes in perspective to the aim of an overall positive trajectory.
Thank you so much. I’ll keep pushing through and it certainly does help to be mindful of the fact I’m headed in the right direction.

OP
D

Darleen

Which fruits are you eating?
I used to eat grapes and apples but I had tons of gas. Nowadays I’m eating/drinking orange juice and blueberries everyday. And sometimes watermelon. If I haven’t had enough carbs in a day but I feel like I’m too bloated or have some nausea I tend to just fill the remaining carbs with milk or honey.

gaze

I used to eat grapes and apples but I had tons of gas. Nowadays I’m eating/drinking orange juice and blueberries everyday. And sometimes watermelon. If I haven’t had enough carbs in a day but I feel like I’m too bloated or have some nausea I tend to just fill the remaining carbs with milk or honey.

is the coconut oil that you eat refined? unrefined coconut oil can cause a lot of digestive problems for some people, even refined in some cases. Also I personally react badly digestive wise to honey. I think the sugars can ferment quite a bit and it may pick up local pollen which has allergens. However, if you've been eating honey before these problems started that's probably not the cause. i dont want to make you orthorexic at all, but things like blueberries and watermelons could (possibly) cause some digestive problems if not ripe. Im just giving possibilities, although its possible non of these are the cause. Its also better to eat enough food then to cut everything unless your very careful your eating enough food to experiment cutting certain foods

Last edited:
OP
D

Darleen

is the coconut oil that you eat refined? unrefined coconut oil can cause a lot of digestive problems for some people, even refined in some cases. Also I personally react badly digestive wise to honey. I think the sugars can ferment quite a bit and it may pick up local pollen which has allergens. However, if you've been eating honey before these problems started that's probably not the cause. i dont want to make you orthorexic at all, but things like blueberries and watermelons could (possibly) cause some digestive problems if not ripe. Im just giving possibilities, although its possible non of these are the cause. Its also better to eat enough food then to cut everything unless your very careful your eating enough food to experiment cutting certain foods
Yes so that’s been a big part of my issue, healing the gut so I could tolerate food but also keeping weight healthy. (Not lose too much again) Trying different foods and also have eliminated all But meat for a couple months (felt much worse but in different ways) and I did a lot of fasting because I was so afraid of food for a while. I became emaciated, and no appetite at all. now I’ve gained weight and hormonal issues are doing much better but figuring out how to balance what makes my stomach worse and maintaining my weight has been difficult to say the least. I’ve done both refined coconut oil and unrefined, now it’s refined. I play around with fruits her and there but I track everything and when I have a gut “attack” (as I call them) I can’t ever pin point it to one food even if I look back days. They are random but more likely to happen at certain times of my cycle, so I’m relating it to endotoxins causing serotonin and estrogen dominance.
thinking of cooking my fruit maybe. I think I definitely do well with orange juice. Thanks for your message :)

rei

As you started to heal your fascia gained back it's function and resumed normal tension. When there is postural damage the tension might end up pinching nerves and even cause something like a mild epileptic attack/tremore/muscle spasms/myoclonus. The convulsions are trying to do what you should do consciously, exercises to loosen up the fascia and move towards more normal posture. Look up myofascial unwinding on youtube if you want to see ideas of what doing it might look like.