Hypo symptoms with a head cold

aliciahere

Ug, I had been feeling so good the last two weeks or so. Able to stay warm on my own, digestion going well, and just feeling good overall. Then I got hit with a stupid head cold and all of a sudden: Freezing cold, can't keep my feet warm, can warm up if I catch a chill; though at the same time, sometimes I will get hot flashes in my core, temp averaging 36.6, brain fog, dog tired, sluggish digestion, low appetite. I'm drinking around 2 L of OJ - salted, but I'm still thirsty all the time (probably cause my nose is running like a tap, lol).

Ug, any idea why a cold would trigger hypo symptoms?

Any Peaty tricks for treating a cold?

I'm going for a hot bath now SsSsS

tara

aliciahere said:
post 113908 Ug, any idea why a cold would trigger hypo symptoms?
For me and maybe other people, I think part of it can be that a congested nose encourages mouth-breathing and therefore hyperventilation. I got big improvements by taping my mouth shut at night. Uncomfortable for a minute or two, but then my nose cleared and I'd wake up in the morning breathing more easily. Peat has recommended bag-breathing and other tactics for maintaining CO2 in general (not specifically for colds) - you could try that.

I guess fighting infection also takes energy, leaving less for the rest of your life.

I'd use something to reduce gut bacteria in the hope that it will reduce endotoxin load, and leave more resources for fighting the infection. Eg. carrot salad and/or activated charcoal, cascara sagrada if any constipation, and maybe consider something specifically anti-bacterial. (I used garlic, but I don't think Peat would recommend that cause it's tough on the GI tract.)

Enjoy your hot bath and get well soon. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals