I'm Getting Hairy

Kartoffel

You won't address it because you couldn't argue against the very simple relationship of progresterone, insulin, to zinc. Instead you continue to rant about gbolduev. I apologize for triggering you lmao but you know how silly it looks when you think taking minerals is bad on a forum that approves of taking hormones of all kinds, as if minerals are worse than hormones.

Peat is pro-progesterone of course and yet progesterone depends on zinc while many things deplete zinc. This is not hard to understand even for you: If zinc gets depleted enough, your ability to make progesterone, a very valuable hormone that needs zinc, will decrease. And of course, same goes for testosterone which uses zinc.

A zinc deficiency that would inhibit progesterone synthesis is rare and unlikely in his case. Several studies have shown that zinc supplementation has no direct effect on progesterone or estrogen levels. Again, the idea that taking a single mineral supplement will solve a complex problem that goes beyond your simplistic understanding is, well, simplistic.

Pak J Pharm Sci. 2009 Apr;22(2):150-4.
Zinc deficiency and supplementation in ovariectomized rats: their effect on serum estrogen and progesterone levels and their relation to calcium and phosphorus.
Sunar F1, Baltaci AK, Ergene N, Mogulkoc R.

Abstract
The aim of this study is to examine how zinc deficiency or supplementation affects estrogen and progesterone and calcium and phosphorus levels in the serum. The study was carried out on 40 adult female rats of Sprague-Dawley species. The rats were allocated to four groups: Group 1: Control, Group 2: Ovariectomized (OVX) control. Group 3: OVX-Zinc-supplemented. Group 4: OVX-Zinc-deficient. Blood samples were taken from the experimental animals by decapitation method and analyzed in terms of estrogen, progesterone, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium and zinc levels. Group 1 had the highest estrogen levels (p<0.05). Estrogen levels in group 3 were higher than those in groups 2 and 4 (p<0.05). The lowest estrogen levels were found in group 4 (p<0.05). Progesterone levels were higher in group 1 than in groups 2, 3 and 4 and the same parameter in group 3 was higher than those in groups 2 and 4. The highest calcium and phosphorus levels were obtained in groups 1 and 3 (p<0.05). Calcium and phosphorus levels in group 2 were higher than those in group 4 (p<0.05). There was no difference among groups with regard to magnesium levels. Group 3 had the highest serum zinc levels (p<0.05). Zinc levels in group 1 were higher than those in groups 2 and 4 and the levels in group 2 were higher than those in group 4. Findings of the study show that zinc deficiency causes a significant decrease in calcium and phosphorus levels and that zinc supplementation prevents these adversities in ovariectomized rats.

Biol Trace Elem Res. 2008 Dec;126 Suppl 1:S11-4. doi: 10.1007/s12011-008-8211-y. Epub 2008 Aug 31.
The effect of low dose zinc supplementation to serum estrogen and progesterone levels in post-menopausal women.
Sunar F1, Gormus ZI, Baltaci AK, Mogulkoc R.

The objective of the present study is to investigate how low-dose zinc supplementation for 2 weeks in the post-menopausal period influences levels of estrogen and progesterone in the serum. The study registered 32 natural menopause patients, who were allocated to four groups with equal number of patients. Group 1, control group, which was not subjected to any procedure. Group 2, the group that was supplemented with 15 mg/day zinc sulfate for 2 weeks. Group 3, the group that was given hormone replacement therapy (0.625 mg estrogen + 5 mg medroxyprogesterone acetate/day) for 2 weeks. Group 4, the group that received hormone replacement therapy (0.625 mg estrogen + 5 mg medroxyprogesterone acetate/day) and zinc sulfate (15 mg/day) for 2 weeks. Blood samples were collected twice from each subject, once at the beginning of the study, and once at the end of the 4-week procedure to determine estrogen (E2) and progesterone levels. Variance analysis was employed in the statistical evaluation of data. Level of significance was set at p < 0.05. No significant difference was found between the estrogen and progesterone levels of groups 1 and 2. Groups 3 and 4 had higher estrogen and progesterone levels than groups 1 and 2 (p < 0.05). Estrogen and progesterone levels in groups 3 and 4 were not different. Results of the study show that low-dose zinc supplementation to post-menopausal women for 2 weeks does not have a significant effect on the concerned parameters.

lampofred

I doubt that. I think body hair growth is stimulated by high adrenal androgen output combined with low SHBG. Low levels of SHBG are typically seen in women with hirsutism and balding men

lol you said you doubt what i said and then said exactly the same thing? sufficient calcium quiets the adrenals, and declining heat production is identical to declining thyroid/progesterone and SHBG is closely correlated with progesterone.

Kartoffel

lol you said you doubt what i said and then said exactly the same thing? sufficient calcium quiets the adrenals, and declining heat production is identical to declining thyroid/progesterone and SHBG is closely correlated with progesterone.

The part with the calcium. Also, since he says he is "peating" I guess he is getting more than enough calcium to "quiet his adrenals". I have never seen any evidence that calcium increases metabolism or heat production, and most people don't get toasty on a milk and cheese diet.

J

jb116

I always laugh a little bit when I see people claim that growing hair all over the body means you're aging. It's quite ridiculous and if you've spent time on a beach in the summertime oh, you see all the old men with their hair loss patterns all over their body not hair growth. Typically you see concentric loss around the nipple area and the belly button, and bald patches on the back. Just because older men's beards might grow fast and thick or they grow extra hair on their nose and ears in no way indicates that hair growth is equated with aging. As for myself I Am Naturally Hairy, but what I've noticed is when my vitamin D levels drop and I have less sun exposure for example in the winter months I start losing hair especially on my hands and arms.

If lots of hair growth means a signal for aging, what about older guys who aren't hairy then? I'm talking guys 50-60+ who have the same amount of body/head hair as when they were 20s or 30s, give or take. If rapid hair growth all over is an aging signal/causal effect of an aging in some way, how about clearly much older guys who do not have very much total hair then? Or younger + more smooth-skinned guys who have bear-like bodies/balding/etc.? I mean it isn't like all young & hairy guys always look older (in the face for example) vs. older guys with less hair needing to look younger if this held true (reversed -- also looking at this purely from an aesthetic standpoint).

Is that to say older men with low/unchanged body or head hair have aged slower/negligibly, just factoring in total hair growth alone? And that hairier young guys are on the fast lane when it comes to aging onwards/no brakes? This seems kind of questionable/has holes in it at best.

I mean I know plenty of older guys tend to be more hairy than not, but that could be a long way coming since they could have had similar growth patterns when younger, only just more mild (like on the back for example). Maybe some hairiness patterns are just some kind of "byproduct" but not an actual mark of rapid decay/aging exactly.

I even Googled "old men beach" to see near-nude older guys (for science) and most were not hairy at all, despite being 60-70+ minimum. I can't reliably use hairiness as some metric for an aging process when there are smooth, baby-faced guys with lots of hair -- and also visibly aged, near-elderly guys with zero back/shoulder/neck/excess body hair growth.

Last edited:

UltraSuperior

I've always gotten hairier when I was in a very good state of health and very good general mood. Sunlight, no fap for 4+ weeks, exercise, socializing and so on. Abundant chest hair for me is a sure sign that someone was very high T at some point in their life.

seraph94

I've always gotten hairier when I was in a very good state of health and very good general mood. Sunlight, no fap for 4+ weeks, exercise, socializing and so on. Abundant chest hair for me is a sure sign that someone was very high T at some point in their life.
I also agree with you. From my observations older men ( in their 60s or 70s) actually lose most of their body hair or they become thinner and white.
I have always had patchy bear on right side of my face, but after starting buteyko method (mostly I use frolov device), I see completely new hairs are growing in that area. I have slightly better sleep also and my varicocele pain is almost gone. The body hair also started to grow especially in upper chest area.
In my opinion, because of these facts, I relate increased body hair with improvement in health.

ilhanxx

It is so simple, İf you use fin or antiandrogen (ru, spiroteron etc.), body hair will decrease, androgens stimulate body and facial hair, women dont have,

Kunstruct

From my observations older men ( in their 60s or 70s) actually lose most of their body hair or they become thinner and white.

From my observations most old men simply have no hair on their legs at all, chest hair can still be there a bit but not on the legs.

Herbie

Upon reflexion and observation, men who remove body hair could be showing a sign of mental derangement.

Kunstruct

Are you guys familiar with the georgian hulk?
Massive body and massive hands for armwrestling.
hqdefault.jpg

opethfeldt

Body hair always correlates with good mental and physical health for me. I think hair growth on the shoulders or back might be a bad sign, but beard and chest hair are probably always positive.

cyclops

. And no oysters a few times a week even does not work for zinc. You need zinc daily and the need for zinc raises the more carbs and stimulants you have in the diet. So what happens is your zinc levels get eaten alive slowly and so your progesterone drops into the abyss.

It seems wrong that there would be no way to get enough zinc except to supplement it. Like your diet would have to bad if not even eating natures highest zinc food a few times a week would not give you enough zinc

When you think about a 20-year old , healthy, energetic, born with defined abs, high-Testosterone, glowing-skin male, he's anything but hairy.

Probably because he shaves it all off before taking his instagram pics

Last edited:

redsun

It seems wrong that there would be no way to get enough zinc except to supplement it. Like your diet would have to bad if not even eating natures highest zinc food a few times a week would not give you enough zinc

Probably because he shaves it all off before taking instagram pics

You are misunderstanding. Yes you are supposed to be able to get enough zinc daily. No, oysters a few times a week does not work because optimal zinc status depends on daily replenishment of zinc without it being depleted excessively. This is relatively not difficult on a simple diet that covers everything and doesn't go overboard.

The point I am making is the moment you start pounding down stimulants, hormones, large amounts of carbohydrates and proteins that are poor in minerals and other supplements and medicines, or doing lots of exercise or try to build muscle, trying to speed up the metabolism or achieve a desired effect of any kind you end up solving one problem and creating another. This goes for all nutrients.

You don't need zinc as a supplement, never said it is necessary. Eating "nature's highest zinc food" is supposed to do what against pharmaceuticals and hormones and mountains of sugar + the daily stressors?

cyclops

The point I am making is the moment you start pounding down stimulants, hormones, large amounts of carbohydrates and proteins that are poor in minerals and other supplements and medicines, or doing lots of exercise or try to build muscle, trying to speed up the metabolism or achieve a desired effect of any kind you end up solving one problem and creating another. This goes for all nutrients.

You don't need zinc as a supplement, never said it is necessary. Eating "nature's highest zinc food" is supposed to do what against pharmaceuticals and hormones and mountains of sugar + the daily stressors?

Well I don't know about the hormones, but I'm not trying to pound down large amounts of sugar, but I do eat very high carbohydrate diet (% wise) because I believe it is the correct diet. So if someone is getting most of their daily calories from carbs like they should thats a good thing. If some of that is plain sugar it is fine. Is having some empty plain sugar in place of fruit (which is better) really going to require so much additional zinc that oysters will not take care of it? The oysters should take care of it because the real healthy carb sources you should be eating (in place of the sugar) don't even have much zinc. And what is a poor mineral protein? Just eat some normal good proteins like recommended. And exercise normal to be healthy. And hopefully you do speed up your metabolism some - that's good, does that mean you'll need more zinc and nutrients? so have oysters and other high nutrient foods. Have some sugar, eat some oysters. Don't take too much hormones I guess...most people on here take like a few mg's of some things but maybe they shouldn't take them. I think if your eating good carbs and sugar and all the other peat foods, oysters should be enough zinc, especially having them a few times a week.

Last edited:

InChristAlone

I think the desire for hairless humans is weird. It may look asthetically pleasing, but it's infantile. All humans will grow hair on their bodies past puberty.

redsun

I think the desire for hairless humans is weird. It may look asthetically pleasing, but it's infantile. All humans will grow hair on their bodies past puberty.

Who was saying humans are supposed to be hairless? Its normal for men to have hair on the arms and legs to some degree, even chest hair to a certain point. But lots of hair on the shoulders and all up and down the back. No. We aren't monkeys.

Hairless humans are weird and yet look aesthetically pleasing... What? So much for it being weird. I wonder why that is? Because it is the other way around, despite you claiming otherwise. You don't even believe what you said. You gave away your actual thoughts in the sentence immediately following.

InChristAlone

Who was saying humans are supposed to be hairless? Its normal for men to have hair on the arms and legs to some degree, even chest hair to a certain point. But lots of hair on the shoulders and all up and down the back. No. We aren't monkeys.

Hairless humans are weird and yet look aesthetically pleasing... What? So much for it being weird. I wonder why that is? Because it is the other way around, despite you claiming otherwise. You don't even believe what you said. You gave away your actual thoughts in the sentence immediately following.
Hold up I wasn't speaking to you! Just in general. I think the idea that we should shave our whole body even men with their shaven heads is weird even if the shaven look is more pleasing to the eye. So yes I can say both things in the same sentence. Some people are grossed out by hair and some like a hairy man. Here is an interesting article about hair:
"Hair anywhere on the body is important for maintaining skin health, explains Des Tobin, a professor of cell biology at the University of Bradford.

'Each hair follicle [the tiny structure that sprouts hairs] is not just producing a hair fibre, but also has masses of blood vessels, nerves and fat around it.'

Hair follicles are also rich in stem cells - cells that never lose the capacity to renew themselves - which help the skin heal.

'If you compared a wound on the outside of a man's arm, where the hair follicles are larger and more numerous, with a wound on the inside of the arm, the one on the outside would heal better, because of the increased stem cells and blood supply, among other factors,' says Professor Tobin.

As we age, follicles shrink and while people who lose hair will still have some stem cells, their healing capacity may be reduced."

I think people are getting concerned over nothing. Hair growth for a man is fine. Means YOU ARE ALIVE AND WELL. lol.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals