My Hair Loss Has Made Me Ask - What Is Going On With My Body?

OP
J

JDreamer

Yup. Life gets in the way of health. But if you don't find a way to get the energy, and materials in, to repair, you won't heal. You're going to have to be uncomfortable for a while to be comfortable permanently.

You should stop lifting too. Or drastically cut back until your body makes you exercise.

Adding to what you said, it's pretty clear there's been some kind of glucose-related deficit and catabolism going on for a very long time. For a good 8-9 years there I was not getting very much asI was avoiding sugars at almost all costs - even the simple/healthy variety.

After some further research, I was throwing my recovery system for workouts completely out of whack. Protein was most likely being diverted as a side effect of this. Makes sense because I've been complaining about my body's ability to recover for the longest time.

Not only am I going to up my caloric intake, I'm going to continue getting my fruits in, and supplement some dexanhydrous glucose crystals for my post-workouts.

Last edited:
OP
J

JDreamer

Another quick update.

I am now supplement dextrose into my pre- and post- workout routine. Energy levels in the gym have gone up and I'm feeling a little calmer in the morning.

As for my hair .... it had bee a while but I experienced a recent shed - particularly along the front hair line. Not happy about it, but on the flipside my scalp elasticity is improving big time. Has to be from the combination of the Taurine, massaging, and dermarolling. I notice significant improvement in hair quality when I spend my 5mins in the shower massaging my scalp with the tea tree and rosemary shampoo that I have.

OP
J

JDreamer

Tell you what ..... aside from any supplement or anything else I'm doing - my hair quality feels best when I'm digesting food well. Not sure what the relationship is, but it's become pretty evident. Judging by my system I'll prolly shift back into constipation soon enough and my hair will get bad again.

OP
J

JDreamer

Welp, not happy to report that some of the scalp acne is back.

If you recall I took some antibiotics for a bad sinus/ear infection a couple of months ago and it seemed to clear all that up for a while. But tonight after treating myself to some junk food (Burger King) sure enough a couple of painful ones have developed on the back of my head.

OP
J

JDreamer

This is what is really frustrating.

Tuesday night was leg night. Wednesday night was chest/back. Both involve heavy compound exercises and both were great workouts. My muscles were feeling full and sore, which I love. I was like maybe I should take Thursday night off - instead I went and did some shoulders/abs.

I wake up today - the soreness is completely gone and I feel deflated. It's like my body can't even handle three days in a row of working out anymore.

OP
J

JDreamer

Very interesting diary. pity it finished abruptly.

I'm still around - mostly just perusing other threads and adding my two cents here and there.

One of my biggest problems is I become very OCD when it comes to researching. I almost research too much to the point where I fail to develop a consistent plan of action for things that concern me.

Inaut

I'm still around - mostly just perusing other threads and adding my two cents here and there.

One of my biggest problems is I become very OCD when it comes to researching. I almost research too much to the point where I fail to develop a consistent plan of action for things that concern me.

Ditto

golder

Loved your story. This hasn't been updated in a while and I just wanted to know how you are? I hope you manage to keep making improvements.

why in the world are you drinking vegan protein shakes or eating spinach and kale etc ? i would suggest that you google Ray Peat and read all of his articles and eat his suggested foods -

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals