Body hair loss

leeteeh

looking for suggestions on causes for body hair loss.
male age 26
a few years ago my body hair almost stops increasing in amount and coverage. up until then I would gain more chest, facial, stomach and upper leg hair in new areas. that stopped so its left half filled almost patchy which is fine but the strange part is the last 3 years or so the amount of hair itself has decreased. less leg hair for sure, less stomach and chest and almost no arm hair unless you look close up. my arms used to be the hairiest . long dark hairs all over forearm and halfway up towards shoulder. now there's just slight thin light hair on forearms and virtually none of hands and fingers. same with lower legs, feet and stomach. I did start avoiding iron more and increasing copper but I didn't go on a drastic avoidance or have blood taken to reduce iron and didn't take huge doses of iron or beef liver for long periods so im unsure if it relates to that at all as haven't been doing any of that for about a year now. im curious if it could be a nutritional deficiency like iron or zinc or something else? any knowledge of this ? yes head hair has reduced and always came out in large amounts when washing but noticed body hair change more.

male age 26
a few years ago my body hair almost stops increasing in amount and coverage. up until then I would gain more chest, facial, stomach and upper leg hair in new areas. that stopped so its left half filled almost patchy which is fine but the strange part is the last 3 years or so the amount of hair itself has decreased. less leg hair for sure, less stomach and chest and almost no arm hair unless you look close up. my arms used to be the hairiest . long dark hairs all over forearm and halfway up towards shoulder. now there's just slight thin light hair on forearms and virtually none of hands and fingers. same with lower legs, feet and stomach. I did start avoiding iron more and increasing copper but I didn't go on a drastic avoidance or have blood taken to reduce iron and didn't take huge doses of iron or beef liver for long periods so im unsure if it relates to that at all as haven't been doing any of that for about a year now. im curious if it could be a nutritional deficiency like iron or zinc or something else? any knowledge of this ? yes head hair has reduced and always came out in large amounts when washing but noticed body hair change more.
Do you get out in the sun very much?

liam183

Sounds like your PGE2 is decreasing. Not sure what could cause that, but very very very low dose oral castor oil can help (1 mL daily MAX). Could also be a good sign of a nutritional deficiency. As @Rinse & rePeat said, go get some sun. Morning sun and sunset for NIR light and follicle stimulation combined with midday sun. Gut irritation can cause loss of hair all over as well.

frannybananny

Sounds like your PGE2 is decreasing. Not sure what could cause that, but very very very low dose oral castor oil can help (1 mL daily MAX). Could also be a good sign of a nutritional deficiency. As @Rinse & rePeat said, go get some sun. Morning sun and sunset for NIR light and follicle stimulation combined with midday sun. Gut irritation can cause loss of hair all over as well.
Wouldn't PGE2 decreasing be a good thing? And what would be the mechanism by which castor oil would help?

Sulforaphane Inhibits Prostaglandin E2 Synthesis by Suppressing Microsomal Prostaglandin E Synthase 1

"Sulforaphane (SFN) is a dietary cancer preventive with incompletely characterized mechanism(s) of cancer prevention. Since prostaglandin E2 (PGE2) promotes cancer progression, we hypothesized that SFN may block PGE2 synthesis in cancer cells. We found that SFN indeed blocked PGE2 production in human A549 cancer cells not by inhibiting COX-2, but rather by suppressing the expression of microsomal prostaglandin E synthase (mPGES-1), the enzyme that directly synthesizes PGE2."

"PGE2 is increasingly recognized as a regulator of cancer. The importance of PGE2 is underscored by the frequent overexpression of COX-2 [51] and the frequency with which the PGE2 metabolizing enzyme 15 hydroxy-prostaglandin dehydrogenase (15-PGDH) is transcriptionally silenced in cancers [52]. The mechanism through which PGE2 promotes cancer is not clear, but we note that PGE2 has been described as important for attraction or commitment of tumor-supporting myeloid derived suppressor cells (MDSCs) [34]. Thus, SFN may suppress the formation of the tumor-supporting microenvironment through inhibition of PGE2 production. This hypothesis is under study in our laboratory currently. If true, this mechanism is entirely distinct from the prevailing hypothesis that chemopreventives prevent carcinogenesis through detoxification of mutagens, as discussed above. Instead, SFN and potentially other cancer prevention compounds might serve (through blockade of PGE2) to prevent formation of a hospitable environment for both nascent and metastatic tumors. Thus, cancer preventives may provide therapeutic benefit for cancer recurrence or metastasis."

"The nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), such as aspirin and ibuprofen, reduce PGE2 biosynthesis by inhibiting both COX-1 and COX-2, and thereby suppress inflammation, fever, and pain

In conclusion, based on these results, we propose a mechanism by which SFN results in reduced transcription of mPGES-1 and, ultimately, inhibition of its product PGE2. Thus, this cancer preventing dietary compound may prove valuable in controlling inflammatory and metabolic processes as well as cancers."

DKayJoe

Excess cortisol can cause uncontrolled body hair. Do you feel healthier in general? It's paradoxical to your situation but the more I lose on top the more I gain on my arms/body/legs and have undergone chronic stress for quite some time.
I recall Ray mentioning his body hair growth reduced when he got loads of Mexican sun. Losing both at the same time may also be a magnesium issue. When I supplement magnesium bicarb and reduce stress I find body hair growth is reduced and more controlled as well as becoming softer and less wiery. Like most people I haven't managed to stop my mane from thinning out unfortunately but it does seem to slow it down considerably.

cs3000

Wouldn't PGE2 decreasing be a good thing? And what would be the mechanism by which castor oil would help?

Sulforaphane Inhibits Prostaglandin E2 Synthesis by Suppressing Microsomal Prostaglandin E Synthase 1

"Sulforaphane (SFN) is a dietary cancer preventive with incompletely characterized mechanism(s) of cancer prevention. Since prostaglandin E2 (PGE2) promotes cancer progression, we hypothesized that SFN may block PGE2 synthesis in cancer cells. We found that SFN indeed blocked PGE2 production in human A549 cancer cells not by inhibiting COX-2, but rather by suppressing the expression of microsomal prostaglandin E synthase (mPGES-1), the enzyme that directly synthesizes PGE2."
sometimes but depends on the target

e.g PGE2 is known for causing migraines (even in ppl who dont typically get them). and PUFA / linoleic acid increases PGE2 (so eliminating pufa from diet can help migraines)

But on the other side PGE2 is needed for wound repair in the intestine
(I have an ulcer in my small bowel that hasnt healed. been on maybe 1.5g linoleic acid diet for a while which probably hasnt helped that.
higher intakes are linked to colitis but adding a few grams can speed up gut / skin repair , as long as it isnt oxidized form
not great as a staple of diet but putting sunflower oil on leg wounds of horses speeds up healing).

So using COX-2 inhibitors to lower inflammation ironically can hinder wound healing because of the lower PGE2
PGE2 increases growth factors and blood vessel formation. which is good for healing. but bad if someone has cancer. plays a role in hair growth

things are complex tho. ellagic acid in pomegranates is something that can increase COX2, restores PGE2 and growth factors well for wound healing while also lowering some inflammatory stuff like IL-6. ~50mg human dose. and has some anti cancer effects even though its a potent oxidative stress protector which recycles. (but chelates copper & iron)
1688044609783.png

male age 26
hows your thyroid / core temperature under the tongue in the afternoon?
do you have a problem with dry eyes & skin? (indicates testosterone crashed)

Attachments

• 1688044536216.png
    1688044536216.png
    27.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals