I'm Getting Hairy

iso1

Progesterone should be the most effective way, and eating less protein to lower prolactine and increase SHBG. You could also directly apply some progesterone on the areas where the hair annoys you most.
I have re-evaluated the cause of my hypertrichosis. I am inclined to think it was topical bethametasone which I used experimentally to see if it will help to cover bald patches on the beard. I can tell it was absorbed systematically , because I felt an acute effect every time I was applying it. Although it didn't help with the beard, but probably caused excessive hair growth in other parts of the body. Not sure what to do about it, but i found some info that most corticosteroids are IL-17a blockers are associated with hypertrichosis.

Bump anyone have a solution for back hair. Its god awful
Is there a Peaty reason to avoid laser hair removal? If it's an acute case that is obviously one solution.

Otherwise I suppose you could try having more than the usual amount of oysters per week, say every day for a few months, to correct some kind of mineral imbalance or deficit like zinc. It might be worth trying if you can get oysters, fresh or canned.

mrchibbs

Interesting find @GorillaHead

In my case that looks like a bit similar. I'm not very hairy but I went from having no body hair anywhere except a little beard and lower legs at 25 to developing hair on my chest, belly, thighs, lower back, and a little on the back of my upper arm creeping on towards the back.

This happened within 1-2 year of being extremely sick and hypothyroid. My understanding is the adrenals starts pumping out massive amount of DHEA to compensate for a while. Older, hypothyroid males don't have active adrenals like a 20-something so they typically start losing body hair instead of gaining after the age of 60.

I'd like to find some more references on the layers of the adrenals and how they atrophy.

mrchibbs

I have re-evaluated the cause of my hypertrichosis. I am inclined to think it was topical bethametasone which I used experimentally to see if it will help to cover bald patches on the beard. I can tell it was absorbed systematically , because I felt an acute effect every time I was applying it. Although it didn't help with the beard, but probably caused excessive hair growth in other parts of the body. Not sure what to do about it, but i found some info that most corticosteroids are IL-17a blockers are associated with hypertrichosis.

People experience this effect with minoxidil. They put it on their scalp, but it absorbs systemically and then they start producing a lot more body hair, even after they stop using that product.

GorillaHead

People experience this effect with minoxidil. They put it on their scalp, but it absorbs systemically and then they start producing a lot more body hair, even after they stop using that product.
why does it continue tho, its funny that those affects arent permanent on the scalp if so

Also @mrchibbs what are multiple ways to reduces dheas, seems like u are implying it causes hiristuism and i have read reports it does causing hair growth everywhere

mrchibbs

why does it continue tho, its funny that those affects arent permanent on the scalp if so

Also @mrchibbs what are multiple ways to reduces dheas, seems like u are implying it causes hiristuism and i have read reports it does causing hair growth everywhere
I don't know tbh. Minoxidil is a weird thing from what I understand. I suppose once the body hair start becoming terminal they stay that way afterwards, but the problems surrounding the scalp (tension, inflammation etc.) are still there.

I don't think DHEA is the issue in of itself, but it seems to be disproportionate in these situations. So loading up progesterone, but also fixing the pathways earlier than that with everything from pregnenolone, extra thyroid, zinc, magnesium, vitamin E, vitamin D, basically everything. Adding all those interventions together should reduce adrenal activity and hirstutism. But again, it's not easy, it's sort of asking your body to completely change course.

Ben.

In my case that looks like a bit similar. I'm not very hairy but I went from having no body hair anywhere except a little beard and lower legs at 25 to developing hair on my chest, belly, thighs, lower back, and a little on the back of my upper arm creeping on towards the back.

Had the same experience, bad health induced body hair growth everywhere.
A short window where my health seemed to be where it should made the undesired hairs revert back to their white/short/thin not visible "version".

i find it fascinating that cells can proliferate/differentiate like that and it is so clearly visible with hair (trough pigmentation, thickness, length).

But again, it's not easy, it's sort of asking your body to completely change course.

I wonder what made it "change" course in the first place ... just stress on its own sounds to simple to me, considering stress can be taken care of.
Damage to the organs? Poisioning?

ursidae

Lol I remember wondering as a teen why my grandmother who was breastfed for over 2 years, grew up on a pristine farm and never ingested fluoride had no body hair and I was growing upper arm hair and a happy trail. Thought it was my poor unlucky “genes”

mrchibbs

Lol I remember wondering as a teen why my grandmother who was breastfed for over 2 years, grew up on a pristine farm and never ingested fluoride had no body hair and I was growing upper arm hair and a happy trail. Thought it was my poor unlucky “genes”

As I understand it, because of our poor prenatal and early life environment compared to our parents and grandparents, we have to fight against strong epigenetic effects. From the evidence, it seems like this is manifested by a heightened requirement for certain minerals and vitamins. For hirsutism, the research seems to point to magnesium, zinc, vitamin D, calcium and even vitamin E as being able to reduce hirsutism over time.

ursidae

As I understand it, because of our poor prenatal and early life environment compared to our parents and grandparents, we have to fight against strong epigenetic effects. From the evidence, it seems like this is manifested by a heightened requirement for certain minerals and vitamins. For hirsutism, the research seems to point to magnesium, zinc, vitamin D, calcium and even vitamin E as being able to reduce hirsutism over time.
Got them covered except calcium, nails are getting brittle and teeth sensitive. Some of the hair went from coarse to soft but it’s still too dense and not light. Trialling goat cheese again but still being cautious because of skin flare ups. What do you think is a good form of calcium supplement? Do you think calcium hydroxyapatite is any good? Does being in the sun make you a calcium sponge the way oral vitamin d does by acting on the gut?
It takes disturbing amounts of zinc to not get white spots. I know some vegetarians who don’t have any and it makes me wonder.

When I was a teen I had only leg and arm hair. After taking testosterone at 250 mgs for a total of 14 weeks when I was 20. I noticed that when I got off I had new chest and stomach hair. I did no pct and never took ai’s.

That sounds amazing. I would love to raise my kids in a nice peaceful enviorenment. City life is the worst.

mrchibbs

When I was a teen I had only leg and arm hair. After taking testosterone at 250 mgs for a total of 14 weeks when I was 20. I noticed that when I got off I had new chest and stomach hair. I did no pct and never took ai’s.

That was likely the aromatisation into estrogen, backing up a study linked earlier in this thread.

mrchibbs

I think so too

Stress in all its forms activates aromatase, and the hairy guys typically are experiencing stress or have experienced it in the past. To me, that's what is driving the hirsutism.

Stress in all its forms activates aromatase, and the hairy guys typically are experiencing stress or have experienced it in the past. To me, that's what is driving the hirsutism.
Yeah i agree. What do you think would work for reversing these hair growth patterns?