I'm Getting Hairy

Discussion in 'Male Issues' started by Orangeyouglad, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Orangeyouglad

Orangeyouglad Member

After peating for almost a year now my body hair has increased, everywhere. It's insane and extremely unsightly. Places that it normally shouldn't be, it is. I should note that at 29, I am by far the hairiest guy in my family and I can't figure out why. I've always been a bit furrier, but it's showing no signs of slowing down.

Any theory's as to why this is and what I can do to prevent it? I've seen some people say that it is estrogen related, but my estrogen is somewhat normally and my DHT is high. What is the cause of body hair coverage?

2. sugarbabe

sugarbabe Member

Out of curiosity where is it growing that it shouldn't? Men can grow hair in like every place except their penis, and palms and soles right? I've even seen hair growing on top of the nose of old men.

3. redsun

redsun Member

Means you are aging. Zinc levels are prob in the toilet from high amounts of carbs, copper. Stereotypical peat diet kills zinc levels, meaning it kills progesterone levels because you need zinc for progesterone and potassium in the cell keeps dropping because of low progesterone. And no oysters a few times a week even does not work for zinc. You need zinc daily and the need for zinc raises the more carbs and stimulants you have in the diet. So what happens is your zinc levels get eaten alive slowly and so your progesterone drops into the abyss.

I will say this and I have said a few times on the forum already concerning this. I had personal experience specifically concerning this. Before peat I took 50mg of zinc a night for years. Never grew body hair, only small amounts on forearms and legs like men usually do. Only after starting Peat diet and dropping zinc supplement as well because of info I read here about it being oxidizing like iron and being bad to take so much for other reasons that escape me now did body hair increase more and more.

It was like a switch, once the switch for hair growth turned on (progesterone levels dropped low enough) you are toast unless you raise progesterone back up again. Disclaimer 50mg zinc a night isnt a good thing, high zinc intake can cause cognitive and behavioral issues if you aren't careful. I just did it because it was convenient at the time for my teenage brain.

4. lampofred

lampofred Member

I think body hair grows when calcium is low, adrenals are overstimulated, and heat production is dropping.

5. Herbie

Herbie Member

Ray has said that body hair on white men is generally a good thing.

6. Scenes

Scenes Member

Redsun what do you suggest in terms of zinc supplementation?

I played around with the folic acid and b2 recommendations and it worked a charm within a day or two.

While we’re at it, any other gems you’re holding on to?

7. Christopher R.

Christopher R. Member

Do you have random long black hairs on your arms? I used to have relatively unhairy arms, but when my health went downhill to stress a few years back, these random long buggers started appearing, as well as isolated black eyelash-sized hairs on my upper arms and shoulders.

I'm hoping these things can be reversed. Maybe thyroid or pregnenolone?

8. UltraSuperior

UltraSuperior Member

Don't listen to anyone here. Sign of high androgens IMO. Started growing a beard and chest hair after fixing my diet and adopting an androgenic lifestyle.

9. GreekDemiGod

GreekDemiGod Member

Me too. I was never a hairy guy, except on my legs.
    In the past 2 years or so, I have seen:
    • increased chest hair
    • isolated hair folicles on my biceps and upper back
    Also, my beard does not grow very thick & dense. It is a bit more rare (density of hair folicles per skin surface)

10. redsun

redsun Member

Beard and chest hair isnt the worst. Even arm and extra leg hair isnt too bad and can sometimes be seen as a good sign. OP is saying its everywhere. And at this rate if he has them everywhere give or take in a few years he will start looking like an old man as they grow more and more. Insane amounts of sudden body hair growth = aging.
    Just be wary if zinc is overdone it can kill emotions. I won't specifically recommend zinc anymore, but I will say... If you have good zinc sources throughout the day that is preferable. You have to know your own daily intake. If it is just sliding bare minimum I think taking 25mg of zinc at night is harmless and can provide benefit if zinc intake isnt that great. But specifically for raising progesterone zinc is important. I have seen women who have almost as much arm hair as me. They also are often very overweight and have terrible skin. 100% progesterone deficiency from eating nothing but fast food and drinking energy drinks (one girl I know) so zinc intake is crappy. It can probably go away more easily in women if they were to take things to raise progesterone like zinc.

As for hidden gems, sorry nothing comes to mind at the moment haha. Glad B2 and folic acid helped someone else though, thanks for letting me know.

11. GreekDemiGod

GreekDemiGod Member

Intuitively, I will agree with you.
    When you think about a 20-year old , healthy, energetic, born with defined abs, high-Testosterone, glowing-skin male, he's anything but hairy.

12. Kartoffel

Kartoffel Member

Someone has been spending too much time on hackstasis...

13. Kartoffel

Kartoffel Member

I doubt that. I think body hair growth is stimulated by high adrenal androgen output combined with low SHBG. Low levels of SHBG are typically seen in women with hirsutism and balding men

14. redsun

redsun Member

Gbolduev has a nice thread here as well. Oh so progesterone does not need zinc? And carbs don't use zinc because of need for insulin? I learn from everywhere which includes many resources. I never take anyone's word for anything, I always verify everything before I utilize any information. I advise you to refrain from further embarrassing yourself by showing everyone how much of a dull, cliché peat poster boy you are.

15. Aries

Aries Member

High dose zinc is also 5ar inhibitor.

16. redred

redred Member

wut

17. Kartoffel

Kartoffel Member

Bro, you need to swim in the occean with Helen, and eat more seafood. You hair minerals are all out of balance - hence the aggression and irritability. Seriously though, stop confusing people that look for help with your ridiculous bro science. I wonder why there is so little activity at hackstasis these days. Maybe people figured out that the deranged people over there are more interested in your money than your health.

@Orangeyouglad A blood test for testosterone, free testosterone, prolactin, and SHBG would be useful to get a clue what's going on. What's your diet like? It might be a good first try to cut out dairy (says cliché peat poster boy) and increase your insoluble fiber and saturated fat intake.

18. redsun

redsun Member

Yeh why would I be so aggressive to you? It's almost like you have done this before... I really dont give a dam if you have a problem with what I say. My issue is you dont address it directly but just make a snarky comment. By all means argue against what I said. Otherwise don't bother, all it does is it create problems and pollute threads.

For the record, I think hair mineral tests are peak retardation. You are assuming I agree with everything gbolduev does. Not even close. Progesterone and insulin relationship to zinc is not bro science, so not sure what you are getting at. Show me exactly what I said was bro-science. There is no way that confuses anyone. And you seem to ignore my personal experience with zinc. My personal experience with zinc is what caused me to make the connection to body hair and progesterone.

19. Kartoffel

Kartoffel Member

There is nothing to address. You make the same childish cause and effect statements that the deranged lunatic makes. X kills Y, A makes B tank, Peat is an idiot, Potassium!, you need to supplement supraphysiological minerals A,B,C every day, and fast for 31 years to reset receptors D,E,F, and G-α. You probably spent too much time reading this garbage so you don't realize anymore how retarded it all sounds.

20. redsun

redsun Member

You won't address it because you couldn't argue against the very simple relationship of progesterone, insulin, to zinc. Instead you continue to rant about gbolduev. I apologize for triggering you lmao but you know how silly it looks when you think taking minerals is bad on a forum that approves of taking hormones of all kinds, as if minerals are worse than hormones.

Peat is pro-progesterone of course and yet progesterone depends on zinc while many things deplete zinc. This is not hard to understand even for you: If zinc gets depleted enough, your ability to make progesterone, a very valuable hormone that needs zinc, will decrease. And of course, same goes for testosterone which uses zinc.