I'm Getting Hairy

OP
Orangeyouglad

Orangeyouglad

So many competing theories in regards to body hair being a positive or negative!

I believe that the type/pattern growing is not health on me. My legs, shoulders, and arms are sprouting new hairs, as well as my back. Honestly, I can’t stand it.

What is really troubling is that there seems to be an obvious connection between hair loss and body hair that we can’t seem to figure out. There is bigger, bald, hairy guy stereotype and I wonder what makes that happen.

For whomever asked for test results.. test is lower-mid range, DHT is high, prolactin is mid-high.

Kunstruct

High prolactin appears in men with hair issues according to a number of studies. This is a clue... perhaps you can explore ways of lowering prolactin.
Numbers are much better than "mid-high". What is high? Hyperprolactinemia? That is straight up a condition which needs to be treated.
If high is some number like 13, that is not something to worry about.

Kartoffel

So many competing theories in regards to body hair being a positive or negative!

I believe that the type/pattern growing is not health on me. My legs, shoulders, and arms are sprouting new hairs, as well as my back. Honestly, I can’t stand it.

What is really troubling is that there seems to be an obvious connection between hair loss and body hair that we can’t seem to figure out. There is bigger, bald, hairy guy stereotype and I wonder what makes that happen.

For whomever asked for test results.. test is lower-mid range, DHT is high, prolactin is mid-high.

Do you know your SHBG?

Apple

Means you are aging. Zinc levels are prob in the toilet from high amounts of carbs, copper. Stereotypical peat diet kills zinc levels, meaning it kills progesterone levels because you need zinc for progesterone and potassium in the cell keeps dropping because of low progesterone. And no oysters a few times a week even does not work for zinc. You need zinc daily and the need for zinc raises the more carbs and stimulants you have in the diet. So what happens is your zinc levels get eaten alive slowly and so your progesterone drops into the abyss.
That totaly makes sense to me. After peating for 5 years ( regular coffee, easy digestible carbs, oranges, calcium from milk and cheese ) I noticed my hairline on head only receded , vision decreased ( probably too much computer screen though it is rather from drinking coffee, strong and sugary coffee gives me double vision for several hours) but I got more thick hairs in my nose, ears , elbows and wrists. Which is definitely opposite of what a young person supposed to look like and seems like a sign of aging. I believe coffee hampers the absorption of minerals , and not just iron but also magnesium, zinc and potassium, as well as the B vitamins.

thomas00

I took dutasteride for 10 years, throughout that decade I would get one or two hairs on my shoulders and back. Once I stopped dutasteride it came through like a forest. There's some clues.

I concur with the sentiment that it's concomitant with poor health.

bk_

That totaly makes sense to me. After peating for 5 years ( regular coffee, easy digestible carbs, oranges, calcium from milk and cheese ) I noticed my hairline on head only receded , vision decreased ( probably too much computer screen though it is rather from drinking coffee, strong and sugary coffee gives me double vision for several hours) but I got more thick hairs in my nose, ears , elbows and wrists. Which is definitely opposite of what a young person supposed to look like and seems like a sign of aging. I believe coffee hampers the absorption of minerals , and not just iron but also magnesium, zinc and potassium, as well as the B vitamins.

Coffee is rich in many B vitamins and has its own magnesium. But you may be on to something I also wonder if it may be inhibiting other minerals. A high metabolism can also throw some vitamins and minerals out of balance.

Last edited:

bk_

I took dutasteride for 10 years, throughout that decade I would get one or two hairs on my shoulders and back. Once I stopped dutasteride it came through like a forest. There's some clues.

I concur with the sentiment that it's concomitant with poor health.

Dutasteride is a synthetic form of progesterone. It is recognized enough in the body to be accepted as progesterone and has some of its benefits such as preserving scalp hair and preventing excess body hair. However unlike progesterone it inhibits neurosteroids and other hormones hence some of the side effects. It also causes epigenetic changes that has not been seen with normal progesterone.

I would guess that the entire Neolithic and beyond have been a time of chronic and multi-generational unhealth, so it's unsurprising that hirsutism has been seen as a sign of healthy masculinity, when it is instead a sign of adaptation to dietary stressors.

Humans have had millennia of sickness compared to other animals, whom we regarded enviously as being less prone to infectious diseases and to tooth decay as we were. Probably the body hair configuration of mid-adolescence is the closest to ideal, and anything beyond that is a response to varying degrees of individual susceptibility to modern unnatural foods and chemicals.

Peat has said he was "furry" since puberty, but he is not an example of the healthiest of men, given that it was his own ill-health that caused him to explore the field of nutrition in the first place.

No, humans naturally make clothes, they have no need for body hair beyond that which is necessary for facilitating pheromones.

InChristAlone

I would guess that the entire Neolithic and beyond have been a time of chronic and multi-generational unhealth, so it's unsurprising that hirsutism has been seen as a sign of healthy masculinity, when it is instead a sign of adaptation to dietary stressors.

Humans have had millennia of sickness compared to other animals, whom we regarded enviously as being less prone to infectious diseases and to tooth decay as we were. Probably the body hair configuration of mid-adolescence is the closest to ideal, and anything beyond that is a response to varying degrees of individual susceptibility to modern unnatural foods and chemicals.

Peat has said he was "furry" since puberty, but he is not an example of the healthiest of men, given that it was his own ill-health that caused him to explore the field of nutrition in the first place.

No, humans naturally make clothes, they have no need for body hair beyond that which is necessary for facilitating pheromones.
My argument was why worry about it? Why say to yourself "I'm not good enough because I'm getting more hairy", these thoughts are unproductive and lead to more self hate and more stress on the organism. Guys please don't worry over your body hair! Live a healthy life, manage stress, if it's already there's no sense hating yourself for it. Making protocols to decrease body hair would be similar to just doing Peat type stuff, promoting good hormonal status.

thomas00

My argument was why worry about it? Why say to yourself "I'm not good enough because I'm getting more hairy"

because

a) sometimes it's damn prickly!

b) disapproval from the opposite sex is still a thing, sometimes. Sigh.

Gone Peating

because

a) sometimes it's damn prickly!

b) disapproval from the opposite sex is still a thing, sometimes. Sigh.

I think someone on here referenced a study once that women who have higher estrogen (those on the pill) have this dislike for body hair

DMF

If only we could somehow get all this hair to grow where we want it the most -
THE TOP OF OUR HEADS !!!!

berk

Hair growth = sign of high testosterone and/or metabolism.
Everyone i knows that produce high naturel testosterone or injecting it are complaining about hair has increased over whole body and get balt on the head,
.Everyone i knows that have high metabolism growth hair (and nails) very fast.

Also, every-time you shave it, it grows faster and multiple

Last edited:

mangoes

@jb116

I wasn’t aware of the histamine connection actually. Do you have a source? I tried to search pubmed and i couldn’t find anything

OP
Orangeyouglad

Orangeyouglad

For those of you asking for numbers...

DHT - 881 (250-990)
Prolactin - 11 (4-15)
SHBG - 29 (18-54)

@Kunstruct I disagree that a number on the higher end of the range is nothing to worry about in the context of MPB.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals