My Hair Loss Has Made Me Ask - What Is Going On With My Body?

OP
J

JDreamer

Hi @JDreamer

What does your typical day's feed look like nowadays?

I found stress levels dropped when I replaced nuts, stir fried Thai, and peanut butter with lots of fruit.

Ray says that a sterile gut increases lifespan. Hopefully my coconut kills off a few bacteria!

I've definitely been incorporating more fruit into the routine. I usually have 1-2 apples and 1-2 bananas a day now. My gut could definitely use a cleansing so-to-speak. GI problems started around the same time as my hair loss.

Richiebogie

@JDreamer, Are you still on the vegan protein shakes, brown rice, spinach, kale salad and peanut butter?

Richiebogie

@JDreamer

Most protein rich foods come with fat (animal) or starch (vegetable), so using a protein powder may mean you aren't getting enough carb or fat calories and you may in fact be overdosing on protein.

Apparently the Native Americans were wary of eating only ultra lean meat. They found this caused "rabbit starvation".

How many grams of fats, carbs and protein are you getting in a typical day?

encerent

I feel ya on the hard time sleeping. That is rough and if you can sleep I feel most of your problems will go a way. Have no advice on this point just offering sympathy. Not sleeping well chronically is on of the most brutal things a lot of people go through.

OP
J

JDreamer

@JDreamer

Most protein rich foods come with fat (animal) or starch (vegetable), so using a protein powder may mean you aren't getting enough carb or fat calories and you may in fact be overdosing on protein.

Apparently the Native Americans were wary of eating only ultra lean meat. They found this caused "rabbit starvation".

How many grams of fats, carbs and protein are you getting in a typical day?

To be honest - I have never been vigilant about measuring carbs & fats. Ironically I have about Protein. Over the last 7 years or so, I've ingested on average 125 grams of protein a day and my total caloric intake has always been around 2000-2200.

Over the last couple of years I've focused more on heavier, compound exercises in the gym and I think perhaps my body has been operating in some kind of deficit related to the carbs. Then again, my stomach is so sensitive that it's also the reason I began purposely easy less of them.

As for fats, just based on my diet in general there isn't a lot of it because I tend to eat lean. The weekends (commonly Friday) are when I cheat and eat fast foods, etc.

Richiebogie

@JDreamer

Thanks for the update.

As per the advice from others at the start of this thread, I recommend you try raising your calories. eg. 3200 per day. Remember your hair is the first thing overboard when your body is struggling for energy.

Sounds like you enjoy fat on weekends. Why not spread it out through the week? You can eat 50g mature cheddar cheese or goat/lamb feta for breakfast every day. This has calcium and sodium. Eat with dates, prunes or dried figs which are cheap fruits with potassium and magnesium. (Just rinse the SO2 preservative off with water first).

Try a banana tropical smoothie with 4 large ripe bananas (with spots) + 500g defrosted frozen mango + 25g desiccated coconut + 500ml water for morning tea.

Have 3 eggs or 200g prawns in the afternoon.

You can have a mango smoothie in the morning and a raspberry smoothie in the evening.

Have coffee, dark chocolate and OJ through the day when you feel drowsy.

Maybe leave the vegan protein powder until the end of the day as protein is probably the least of your issues and it could be supplanting your hunger for real food.

Perhaps your GI and other issues are an interesting manifestation of rabbit starvation...?

It might be an idea to drop it totally for a month!

Richiebogie

Hi J, I just realized your recent post was celebrating the effects of antibiotics, hair lotions and sunshine!

My post was responding to issues of last June. Don't let it bring down your mood!

OP
J

JDreamer

Added Taurine into the mix yesterday.

Also went the extra mile yesterday on my scalp with a massage session and moved up to my 1.5mm dermaroller. Afterwards I used my new inverted table for about 3mins. It's wild how much better my hair feels after that. I need to stay consistent with these three.

I'm doing a lot of reading into lymhpatic drainage and I'm convinced that is also a part of the larger problem for me.

Last edited:
OP
J

JDreamer

I feel ya on the hard time sleeping. That is rough and if you can sleep I feel most of your problems will go a way. Have no advice on this point just offering sympathy. Not sleeping well chronically is on of the most brutal things a lot of people go through.

What I would give to wake up once morning and remember what it feels like to be refreshed.

OP
J

JDreamer

Added MSM crystals a couple days ago. For whatever reason I decided to dose aggressively right away with 1000mg twice a day. The detox effect hit me pretty hard - killed my energy levels and developed flu-like symptoms. They've since subsided and it's pretty interesting to note that my skin is getting a lot of color back.

I also started cold water therapy for my scalp i.e. submerging it in ice cold water after I massage or dermaroll. It's interesting that my ugly forehead lines don't look as bad now.

J

James IV

Yup. Life gets in the way of health. But if you don't find a way to get the energy, and materials in, to repair, you won't heal. You're going to have to be uncomfortable for a while to be comfortable permanently.

You should stop lifting too. Or drastically cut back until your body makes you exercise.

J

James IV

The reason the antibiotics helped you is because they temporarily shut down the infections throughout your system, and reduced endotoxin load. The ONLY way to accomplish this permanently is to get your immune system running at top capacity. This will never happen as long as you are underfed. The only thing that can happen is lessening of symptoms from downregualtion of immune response. Furthur restriction can accomplish this.

OP
J

JDreamer

Yup. Life gets in the way of health. But if you don't find a way to get the energy, and materials in, to repair, you won't heal. You're going to have to be uncomfortable for a while to be comfortable permanently.

You should stop lifting too. Or drastically cut back until your body makes you exercise.

Stopping my workout would be tough. I've worked so hard to change my body from the skinny kid I used to be. I've honestly cut back quite a bit anyways. I'm down to maximum 3 days a week.

OP
J

JDreamer

Started using Taurine as a topical a couple of days ago. I swear it thickened up my hair a bit right away. Decided to double down and add MSM into the topical mix and suddenly my scalp itches again - which hasn't happened in a long time. Hair quality also went to complete ***t.

Going to stick to oral supplementation-only for MSM.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals