If dairy is so good, why do a lot of people do better without dairy?

Korven

@Korven how many times approximately can you use previous batches of yoghurt to make new yoghurt? (before it loses it's strength and you have to make a new batch with probiotics again).

Truth is... I'm not entirely sure. I messed up the first couple of batches and didn't continue using those. Then I ate up all the good yoghurt and had to start from scratch again. But it seems to work for at least 3 times

Last edited:

Korven

you find you tolerate all types of dairy since implementing this? Or has dairy always been ok for you?

I wanted to experiment with the A1 vs A2 dairy protein thing so I have only been consuming goat yoghurt + goat milk lately, both of which digest very well for me with no weird symptoms. Regular cow milk did give me some opioid symptoms (and digestive upset in large quantities) before so that is why I wanted to try A2/goat dairy only.

To answer your question, I am not really sure how well I tolerate all types of dairy. Everything goat seems fine, maybe with the L reuteri yoghurt I will tolerate cows milk better!

Korven

on the L. Reuteri yoghurt i use ultra pasterized half and half with nothing but cream and milk. I do not heat the half and half just use a small amount to mix the inulin and 10 tablets of biogaia gastrus. Korven did not mention Inulin and this will thicken the yogurt.
Get the book because the information inside is very good. It reports what causes harm to your intestinal biome.

Thanks for mentioning that about the inulin, I didn't have it so decided to skip that part of the yoghurt making. I will definitely buy the book if there are more awesome yoghurt recipes in there

Peatress

As I put a little salt in OJ I think I slightly increased it with increased OJ intake. Does not seem to cause puffiness issues now, used to in the past though.
Great, thank you.
For me it was definitely the milk, not the starch. I have experimented with both, and starch gives me energy and warmth. Dairy makes me puffy and sleepy no matter what way I try and hack it! I've started using it as more of a condiment: cream in coffee, a little raw cheese on top of something, but just freely drinking milk or eating yogurt/cheese has not worked for me no matter what I try.
Thanks for this feedback. I used to follow the specific carbohydrate diet before I found Peat - I might review the starch intake as it's not sitting well with me. As for the milk, I know it has to go so I need to plan for this

Santosh

Santosh, get the "Super Gut" book by William Davis MD. and if you have extra money get the FoodMarble Air or Air2 to measure digestion. It is in the book.

Air Air2 will assist with food intolerance too. Super Gut will probably work on food intolerance too. You make and eat yogurts that repopulate the biome in your intestines.
Joe

I feel my best when my gust is as free of bacteria as possible.

I am not sure I want to buy a book that recommends reintroducing bacteria at some point.

That is a lovely testimony on method. And so I offer this suggest to you as an athlete (from a former athlete). Try your milk daytimes iced and a bit watered down, with a TB of genuine-from-a-tree grade B (or Robust) Maple syrup.
While I am lucky to have fresh raw goatmilk delivered weekly, I put it in a bestquality plastic water bottle (we have a great bottler here serving up glacier water by the case in 16ozs) dilute by at least a 4th, the maple, shake then freeze, leaving room for expansion. Most times it is either defrosting or only partially frozen and is thick and absolutely hydrating and delicious. Keeps it fresh longer!
Thanks for this! Maple syrup usually makes me super tired and out of it.. but maybe the kind i have is not grade b. I’m willing to try this when the time is right.

Edit: Just checked and my maple syrup is grade a ‘amber.’ Is that why i react unfavorably to it?

Last edited:

akgrrrl

Thanks for this! Maple syrup usually makes me super tired and out of it.. but maybe the kind i have is not grade b. I’m willing to try this when the time is right.

Edit: Just checked and my maple syrup is grade a ‘amber.’ Is that why i react unfavorably to it?
more processed. grade B or the latest label "robust" is the good stuff. Know your producer

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals