Why Is Consuming Lot Of Milk Result To Fat Gain By Lot Of People?

tara

This is not Ray's advise to other people. This is what Ray does himself in the current moment he was asked about the topic. There are numerous quotes from Ray that can be interpreted to be contradictory to each other. In my experience Ray does not give specific advice or prescriptions, he makes statements based on what he's found works for him. In my opinion this is why there is so much confusion as to what is a "Ray Peat" diet. The point is not to have a Ray Peat diet, the point is to use your own guidance system and research/ test out/ incorporate some of the principles and ideas Ray has discussed into your own life.
+1

Jib

I switched to 1% milk a couple weeks ago and am already feeling better.

I was at 195lbs for the longest time, but after a few months of whole milk I went up to 205. So recently I decided to go to 1%.

It's much more refreshing to me. Don't feel as bogged down after. Whole milk is great, but all that extra fat seems now like it was hampering my metabolism somehow. Slowly with 1% milk I'm feeling like I have more energy. Spontaneous desire to exercise has increased. Simply feel less 'heavy' after having it than I do with whole milk. Probably because the 1% digests faster.

We'll see if it helps with my belly fat. I can definitely see how Ray does not recommend whole milk, as when using it to get protein/calcium/carbohydrates, you're gonna end up with way more calories than you likely need.

1% milk is also a bit cheaper than whole milk, which is a nice plus.

aniciete

It's possible man. I tried to make dairy work for 2 years. Just made me fat, stuffed sinuses, constipated, zero libido, low motivation, bacne, and I even started to develop mild gyno (thats was the last straw lol). I removed dairy and went on a high fat, high sugar diet from fruits/ juice, with adequate animal protein mainly from red meat and seafood and I lost 20lbs of water weight from the milk in 2weeks or so. I just pissed it out. Drinking milk I was 200-210lbs (I looked soft, but I was very strong), no milk 175lbs (very lean and muscular with standing visible abs, still strong). My temps also improved when I dropped milk. Currently I sit at 175lbs about 10% bodyfat. The only problem with my current protocol is its hard to put on weight and I eat alot of food so it can be expensive.

Btw I tried all types of dairy; A1, A2, goat milk, raw cow milk, raw goat milk, camel milk, various cheeses, various yogurts, various kefirs, all types of brands, grass fed, conventional, homogenized, non-homegenized, UHT, etc. Couldnt get it to work for me. I have to say though out of all the things I tried goat milk, especially raw goat milk was the least problematic. Cow milk wrecked me the worst.
Hey CLASH,

Did you ever experience pale stools from dairy? In my situation it seems like dairy causes upper right quadrant pain and bowel issues like hemorrhoids and pale stools. Eggs and even butter have never caused this so that tells me its not as simple as fat malabsorption.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals