Sudden Sun Intolerance and Skin Care Advice

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Tim Lundeen

2019 and most of 2020 I did have canned cod liver around once a month and when I was carnivore I kept trying to steer my sinking ship by adding more organs (even bought desiccated organ pills). I switched to more bioenergetics in Jan and still had milk intolerance so I built up very slowly. I felt really good for a couple months. It could be that was the problem- the accumulation of vit a over last year, and now my constant dairy consumption (though I do avoid the fortified milk) is enough to keep me on the edge. It makes a lot of sense, actually.
Sounds like you were filling up your liver's retinol stores, possibly skin and other epithelial tissues...

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Interesting, this same scenario happened to me the other day. I live in the south and can usually tell when I need to get out of the sun but this time I had no idea I was badly burning and I have felt feverish and some digestive problems ever since. Temp got up to 99.5 today. Still at 99.3 before bed. Don't have much advice unfortunately! I don't use vitamin E typically because I get low estrogen symptoms.
Are you supplementing vitamin D?

InChristAlone

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
No, haven't in at least 5 yrs. I try not to take too many things.
Good deal. I was just listening to a podcast that vitamin D supplementation can cause issues with getting sun. Imagine that. lol

InChristAlone

Good deal. I was just listening to a podcast that vitamin D supplementation can cause issues with getting sun. Imagine that.
Interesting! I mean at some point a UV of 11 is going to burn someone if they aren't used to being in it for 3 hrs. So it isn't unreasonable, just wasn't used to such a strong reaction.

Consistency

The arm that was getting the most sun in the car just ACHED and I felt a strong instinct to cover it like I had never experienced (usually I realize I'm sunburned hours afterwards). It ached to the bone.
It sounds like the glass of the car window acted as a magnifying glass.

OP
skuabird

skuabird

Good deal. I was just listening to a podcast that vitamin D supplementation can cause issues with getting sun. Imagine that. lol
Can you link me to the podcast?

Though I skimmed down the vit a toxicity rabbit hole, I think the biggest difference is actually having a source of calcium in my diet and taking vitamin D supplements. My bones shouldn't be hurting from the sun...

My skin is just a tan now. It never blistered. And I think it was the aloe skin care stuff that was peeling not my actual skin. So the significant symptoms were bones aching under the worst burn, chills, nausea and diarrhea.

InChristAlone

Can you link me to the podcast?

Though I skimmed down the vit a toxicity rabbit hole, I think the biggest difference is actually having a source of calcium in my diet and taking vitamin D supplements. My bones shouldn't be hurting from the sun...

My skin is just a tan now. It never blistered. And I think it was the aloe skin care stuff that was peeling not my actual skin. So the significant symptoms were bones aching under the worst burn, chills, nausea and diarrhea.
This is definitely something to investigate. You could try calcium to see if symptoms go away.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals