My Health Is In Shambles

rw39

I'm a 22 year old male, 5th year student at a top university.
The last 4 years have been nothing short of misery. It all started when I got severe acne. I took accutane for only 2 months and ever since then, I have been royally ****88. The biggest problem is my skin is thinning all over. I'm quite pale now, when I used to have olive skin. The skin is paper thin and I can see some broken capillaries starting to emerge in some places. I have no idea why its like this. I can't imagine what I will look like in 10 years. Some progeria freak.

I've been peating for 8 months now, without the dairy though (scared of acne). I'm also diagnosed celiac. A mess, I know. My libido is good, it's my skin and hair that are awful. I've been taking zinc for the last year, it helps with acne. I'm afraid though that I've taken too much I may have depleted my copper and induced thinner, paler skin. Another thing: gelatin breaks me out. This is evident.

My diet is more or less:
eggs
OJ
shrimp
beef, 4 times a week
chicken sometimes
coconut oil
some veggies like spinach occasionally
almond milk
Potatoes
Brown rice

I take all of the fat solubles and even ordered Estroban a year ago, when I first started peating. The vitamin A in that didn't seem to **** with me like the vitamin a and other mechanisms of the accutane.

I know that someone is hyperbolating about their melting jaw etc etc. but guys, trust me when I say I'm aging faster than anything. It's ******* scary.

I'm at my wits end and I'll take any of the help I can get. I also cannot gain weight despite eating 2,700 calories a day. I'm 5'11 and 132 pounds. I'm quite hairy all over if that's any indication to anything. I don't think testosterone is the problem.
Regardless, my cheeks are hollowed and my under eyes are blue. I look like I've had a rough time...and I have. Thanks anyways. And sorry if my introduction wasn't a bit more pleasant.

paymanz

You have great diet,maybe you have to give it time to work.

Accutan users some times avoid vitamin A but that's a mistake,vitamin A can help recover from that.

And why brown rice?white is better in peat's view.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Welcome @rw39.:welcome
I've been peating for 8 months now, without the dairy
Are you using any type of calcium supplement like eggshell or oystershell calcium?
. I also cannot gain weight despite eating 2,700 calories a day
Have you tracked your temp and pulse to get an idea of how your metabolism is doing? Sometimes an inability to gain weight can be a symptom of hypothyroidism on the other hand you could just need more calories. I don't think 2700 is necessarily a lot for a young man.

johnwester130

Interesting.

I also became copper deficient on this lifestyle, however my health is not in shambles.

Where is the fruit in your diet ?

do you take b vitamins ? specifically b1,b2, niacinamide, p5p and biotin ?

Interestingly methylene blue can reverse progeria, since you mentioned it.

Tarmander

How do you do with less orgasms? A higher libido while you are falling apart may indicate your body is in a reproduce at all costs mode.

OP
R

rw39

Interesting.

I also became copper deficient on this lifestyle, however my health is not in shambles.

Where is the fruit in your diet ?

do you take b vitamins ? specifically b1,b2, niacinamide, p5p and biotin ?

Interestingly methylene blue can reverse progeria, since you mentioned it.

Yes what is this "methylene blue". Where can i get it?
I only take niacinamide. No other b's. I will occasionally have pineapple.

OP
R

rw39

How do you do with less orgasms? A higher libido while you are falling apart may indicate your body is in a reproduce at all costs mode.

I've tried nofap. Hard for me to last. I really am thankful that my libido is still intact after accutane. I've read so many bad things that can happen.

Tarmander

I've tried nofap. Hard for me to last. I really am thankful that my libido is still intact after accutane. I've read so many bad things that can happen.

I don't know if that's a good or bad thing to be honest. I am not sure how many orgasms you have but I'd try doing the least amount you can until you stop falling apart. Get a good foundation and all that.

OP
R

rw39

do you guys know what will work for acne scars or should i just give up on them?

Matt1951

Looks like you are calcium deficient. Dairy would help a lot. Ditch the almond milk, it is high in PUFA. A diet high in PUFA is not a Ray Peat diet. It can take years to deplete the PUFA from your body. At least switch to coconut milk, but real cows milk is better for you. Some people do better with a small amount of appropriate grains in their diet, such as gluten free organic oats, or hasa marina - lime treated corn the Mexican way. You might do better ditching the brown rice.
What does your doctor say? Also ask your doctor about the acne scars. There is one topical medicine they recommend that reduces scarring.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000052YOB/?tag=rapefo-20

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals