Waking Up In The Middle Of The Night Since Peating

aquaman

It depends on the day. My eating schedule and the foods I eat change on a daily basis. But yesterday here's what I ate and I woke up in
the middle of night yesterday, feeling very hot and thirsty

10 am: 2 eggs and potatoes (300 calories)
2 PM: 12 inch italian sub (1200)
6 PM: Rice and some chicken ( 600 calories)
10 PM: 10 sugar cookies ( bad choice, I know lol) ( 400 calories)
1 AM: 2 Tablespoons of olive oil (240 calories)

Is this normal?

Too much starch, no fruit, calories possibly too late in day (depends when you wake up). This is nothing like a Peat "diet"!

Tourist

In reading through these responses it's really frustrating to read how so many people contradict each other on basic principles like sugar and fat.

As a beginner to RP I don't feel confident taking the advice given here because of the disputes within each post.

Would Haidut mind giving some input here please????

tara

As a beginner to RP I don't feel confident taking the advice given here because of the disputes within each post.
This is probably wise - not all the advice in this forum is consistent with Peat's writing, and sometimes there are differences in interpretation or emphasis on different factors. Ideally, posters should be explicitly stating when their views contradict Peat's, but unfortunately that does not always happen. Confidently following one person's advice is no guarantee of it suiting you.
I'd recommend reading more, including reading Peat to get more of an idea of how he sees things, and about the principles and processes involved. Hopefully that will give you a better chance at figuring out what might help you, and make it easier to monitor and assess the effects of what you try.
If you find a completely simple unambiguous generalised prescription for everyone somewhere, the odds are it is too oversimplified.

Tourist

Thanks Tara--I'm watching videos
As well to get the information directly from Ray.

This is probably wise - not all the advice in this forum is consistent with Peat's writing, and sometimes there are differences in interpretation or emphasis on different factors. Ideally, posters should be explicitly stating when their views contradict Peat's, but unfortunately that does not always happen. Confidently following one person's advice is no guarantee of it suiting you.
I'd recommend reading more, including reading Peat to get more of an idea of how he sees things, and about the principles and processes involved. Hopefully that will give you a better chance at figuring out what might help you, and make it easier to monitor and assess the effects of what you try.
If you find a completely simple unambiguous generalised prescription for everyone somewhere, the odds are it is too oversimplified.

Low testosterone can be indicative of low thyroid.

As far as sleeping, if I consume salt via just dumping 1/8 tsp into a glass of juice and drink before bed I will usually have very low quality sleep. I think it is due to the fact that salt is irritating my gut.

Theanine will help to knock out cortisol which could provide you a good nights sleep. You could probably take 400-800mg and see some positive effects. Watch out for depersonalization on it though.

Peaterpeater

I'm bumping this thread. I have been waking up with a pounding heart at 3-4am everyday this past week and am not sure what to do about it. I've upped my food intake, reduced my supplements down to thyroid, progest-e, some niacinmide and B1 and casein protein. Can someone tell me what might be happening when I wake up at 3 or 4 am with a pounding heart, feeling extra warm and can't go back to sleep? Has my liver lost it's ability to store glycogen? Is the niacinamide causing me to burn sugar too fast? I eat mainly eggs, various fruits & smoothies throughout the day, oj with casein, seafood, liver, coffee, white potatoes, cheese, coffee with milk and some beef.

Ewelina

In my case waking up in the middle of the night and being unable to go back to sleep is always related to endotoxins.

tara

Not saying theis is your most likely cause, but if it's not undereating, then another way I can wake up like that is underdrinking. If you wake up and food tastes good, maybe have a small snack. If water tastes good, drink half a glass or so?

Or for me: extreme worry, or too much coffee?

papaya

I'm bumping this thread. I have been waking up with a pounding heart at 3-4am everyday this past week and am not sure what to do about it. I've upped my food intake, reduced my supplements down to thyroid, progest-e, some niacinmide and B1 and casein protein. Can someone tell me what might be happening when I wake up at 3 or 4 am with a pounding heart, feeling extra warm and can't go back to sleep? Has my liver lost it's ability to store glycogen? Is the niacinamide causing me to burn sugar too fast? I eat mainly eggs, various fruits & smoothies throughout the day, oj with casein, seafood, liver, coffee, white potatoes, cheese, coffee with milk and some beef.
me too!!!! it think it means that our cortisol is high. i've felt so "off" this week that i googled to see if mercury is in retrograde(it's not). it feels like some earth type event is gonna happen. i've literally woken up in the middle of the night every night for the last week w/racing heart & warmth. i took theanine & it didn't help. maybe i need a higher thyroid dose???

InChristAlone

Not resolving negative emotions is my top reason for the 3 am waking. But I also use cyproheptadine to sleep through. It is the only thing that reliably reduces/eliminates that waking. I think it helps reduce cortisol and protect from endotoxin.

Tourist

Curious where u bought your Cypro? Have u noticed any weight gain or next day spaciness/tiredness?

Not resolving negative emotions is my top reason for the 3 am waking. But I also use cyproheptadine to sleep through. It is the only thing that reliably reduces/eliminates that waking. I think it helps reduce cortisol and protect from endotoxin.

Ray talked about this and mentioned that it can help to wake up with an alarm before you normally wake up, and then drink the sugar milk or orange juice with collagen and then go back to sleep.

After a few weeks you don't have to wake yourself up in your sleep through the night.

me too!!!! it think it means that our cortisol is high. i've felt so "off" this week that i googled to see if mercury is in retrograde(it's not). it feels like some earth type event is gonna happen. i've literally woken up in the middle of the night every night for the last week w/racing heart & warmth. i took theanine & it didn't help. maybe i need a higher thyroid dose???

Just curious how much theanine did you take? You can also try 100-200mg at various times through the day to help keep it down, then a bigger dose before bed. If you still no go, cypro is another option, just make sure you have thyroid for energy.

InChristAlone

The first week of cypro is always the hardest as you may feel more tired than usual but then you start getting accustomed to it. I still sometimes feel groggy in the morning, but I compromise to receive the benefits. No unwanted weight gain at .5 mg.

OP did you figure this out? Sounds like it could be diabetes. Are you peeing a lot?

Last edited:
OP
B

blackkzeus

I no longer wake up in the middle of the night but I do pee a lot. My bladder is extremely small

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals