Raging Arousal Middle Of Night

Ras

@Ras May I ask what denomination, if any would you say your beliefs fall under if you had to name a denomination? Just curious as I'm a born again King James Bible believer who would fall under the Independent Fundamental Baptist denomination even though I was brought up going to a Southern Baptist Church.
I'll respond to you in a private message, lest we continue to divert this thread.

OP
O

Orius

The calcium/iron connection is interesting. I knew calcium and iron mutually inhibited each other's absorption, but I didn't think about calcium from a prolactin perspective. Why does a calcium deficiency raise prolactin, I wonder?

Why did you choose camu camu instead of rosehips or acerola or some other fruit? I want to get the best fruit powder for just such a purpose.

Camu was the one I found first and it turns out it has the highest C content anyway. I want to switch to acerola because the place camu comes from is experiencing ecological devastation due to the global market and I don't want to be part of that. Rose hips are OK but not the highest.

OP
O

Orius

I'm going to create a new thread about this... but one symptom that I'm experiencing is that I am experiencing male pattern baldness at an accelerated rate, on my vertex. It was always thinning there but now it's in over drive.

OP
O

Orius

I just wanted to post an update. I figured out what was causing the late night arousal: boron.

I was only taking 3mg/day but taking it out of my supplement stack made all the difference. Also, my pattern baldness slowed down noticeably after I removed the boron, and I even got some growth.

I'm guessing the boron was estrogenic in my case?... thus leading to a libido issue + MPB. Though, I didn't get blood work done to examine the difference before and after stopping boron.

Nobody should underestimate that mineral!!

OP
O

Orius

Yeah I noticed that :)

Comparative effects of daily and weekly boron supplementation on plasma steroid hormones and proinflammatory cytokines. - PubMed - NCBI

Seems that it can increase DHT, which could explain why I was losing more hair, although I realize the DHT theory of hair loss is not popular around here.

The study also quotes elevated CRP, and mine was elevated for unknown reasons during boron administration. I usually have elevated CRP when recovering from an auto-immune flare, but since I'm in remission I couldn't explain the jump. Seems boron was somehow to blame. I wonder why it increases pro-inflammatory cytokines?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I just wanted to post an update. I figured out what was causing the late night arousal: boron.

I was only taking 3mg/day but taking it out of my supplement stack made all the difference. Also, my pattern baldness slowed down noticeably after I removed the boron, and I even got some growth.

I'm guessing the boron was estrogenic in my case?... thus leading to a libido issue + MPB. Though, I didn't get blood work done to examine the difference before and after stopping boron.

Nobody should underestimate that mineral!!
I’m glad you’re better.

Oleg

I used to have the same thing happening to me when I was in my 20s. Almost scary. It passed. Could be a normal thing though.

Oleg

I had exactly the same issue in my twenties. It stopped as I got older

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals