Setting Alarm For The Middle Of The Night To Eat?

haha good to know, I actually hopped on b vitamins a couple days ago and also ordered lugols lol.

How much and how are you using it?

Lugol's per drop;
2% Iodine 1.0mg, Iodide 1.5mg =2.5mg total
3% Iodine 1.5mg, Iodide 2.25mg =3.75mg total
5% Iodine 2.5mg, Iodide 3.75mg =6.25mg total
7% Iodine 3.5mg, Iodide 5.25mg =8.75mg total
10% Iodine 5.0mg, Iodide 7.5mg =12.50mg total
15% Iodine 7.5mg, Iodide 11.25mg =18.75mg total

I usually take it in warmish water or sometimes warmish milk between 12.5mg-24mg day Mon-Friday and with niacin (B3) and Riboflavin (B2) some magnesium and selenium. Also 1/4 tsp sea salt in water twice a day. Get yourself a cheap digital blood pressure monitor to note effect of salt increase and jot it down so you know what's normal for you.

If you have some spare cash I highly recommend Lynne Farrow's book 'The Iodine crisis' but be your own best advocate and research on Iodine supplementation.

Your prostate is going to thank you also for getting more Iodine/Iodide.

Let us know how it goes for you and Iodine :D

Last edited:
OP
A

Ableton

waking temps are between 35,9-36,1 on a good day. I would consider this hypo, and I also feel quite bad most mornings. Although my sleep quality has improved tremendeously nevertheless (I dont wake up anymore, dont mouthbreath anymore etc.)

Kram

Has anyone done this consistently? What was your experience?

Also, I actually am eating 80/10/10, so that probably doesn't help my blood sugar at night.
What's your diet like roughly? I am looking to experiment with something similar

OP
A

Ableton

What's your diet like roughly? I am looking to experiment with something similar

during the day oj and multivitamin juice
I am switching to apple juice ATM because it's glass bottled and higher quality, local and cheaper, so lets see how that goes. I want to avoid plastics

coffee and skim milk

apple sauce without added sugar

often a can of tuna (not ideal because it's canned but I havent found a replacement)

sometimes fresh fruit

so basically fruit and milk coffee all day

my only "real meal" is dinner: usually steamed veggies (preferably including broccoli) with potatoes/rice and some form of steamed animal protein (fish/liver pate/ seafood). lots of salt. some more fruit. often a boiled egg.
Sometimes I have pasta with homemade bolognese (again, no heated fats used) made out of liver pate.
Sometimes oyster stew.

i am avoiding all heated fats because they are especially bad for me it seems

sometimes I have like a quarter of a teaspoon of cold pressed olive oil before dinner (if its really low fat) to aid nutrient absorption

sometimes pea protein drink

On a typical day I will go through 3-4 Litres of Juice, and 1,4 kilos of apple sauce. Probably half a litre of skim milk. And the dinner is quite big for sure.

since dropping the heated fats I have like 4 solid bowel movements a day. I think this is the main factor why I feel so energetic all day.

My protein intake isn't that low actually, probably bigger then 10% but I would have to double check.

iROH

This guy does @15:20,not sure about his dental health though.

I've heard that there is an alarm which selectively wakes you up at the right phase of sleep.
You might need longer hours to get enough sleep and probably some lucid dreams as side effects.

If you have to do this, your health is bad and you should rethink what you are doing. Healthy people do not set alarms to wake up in order to eat that is insane. You should be able to sleep through the night with no disturbances and wake up feeling refreshed.

If you are eating 80/10/10 I think it is fairly obvious what the problem is, lower carbs, increase protein, increase fat.

I noticed you said if you have a 4 hour feeding window your temps rise? I would guess this is from adrenaline from lack of fuel and it isn't a positive sign. You possibly even have a lack of calories unless you can stuff ~2500 in a short period of time.
RP: Yeah. And, some people wake up cyclically during the night. When I was counseling dieters, there were some very fat people who would wake up: one of them woke up every hour during the night. The other one, I think, was sleeping an hour and a half, or so. And I got them to set an alarm clock to wake themselves up about 5 or 10 minutes before their expected waking, and eat anything with carbohydrates (milk, or juice, or even a cracker or something), and to do that every hour. And, within a week, they were sleeping through the night, and then they were able to start losing weight. Those stress hormones that raise your temperature and pulse rate around dawn were also increasing the blood sugar ( in diabetics, they call it the dawn phenomenon). But it’s the result of the stress hormones that rise during the night. The darkness itself is causing stress, activating hormones. So, in the winter, people are more likely to have disturbed sleep, because of long nights. And getting extra carbohydrates late in the day can help you sleep longer without these episodes of…usually, its nightmares waking people up with a pounding heart.

HD: That’s the adrenalin, right ?

RP: Yeah.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals