Pre-diabetic Symptoms Since Increasing Caloric Intake

aquaman

I stopped these symptoms by going back to my old diet but anyone have any idea why those symptoms occurred on a Peaty diet?

Most probably because you rushed into it without being able to metabolize carbs/sugars properly and switched diets too quickly. Patience, with small changes, is needed.

sladerunner69

Metabolism hasnt adjusted and ramed up to new level of calories. Personally I would go by hunger, upping the calories gradually. Improving the metabolism through calcium and salt and caffiene and aspirin blah blah blah should all be helpful. Diabetes is apparently easily reversed as well, once the liver is re intorduced to utilizing carbohydrates and glycogen properly.

tara

I don't think so. I ate a diet very similar to people on here who never experienced the symptoms I did.
Is this what you mean?:
I've been somewhat peating and eating at least 2700 calories a day for almost two weeks now and Since the past 4 days I've been having pre-diabetic symptoms. My diet basically consists of a lot of white rice, chicken, eggs, ice cream, fruit ( apples, oranges, grapes), soda, fruit juice, honey, sometimes cheese. I don't drink milk because it gives me acne and I barely eat fruit besides grapes because I'm sensitive to it and get an itchy face and acne from it as well. The sensitivity to fruit and dairy developed a couple years ago Out of nowhere ( digestive issues from leaky gut maybe ?) anyway, pre-diabetic symptoms include waking up in the middle of the night thirsty and hungry and hot and not being able to go back to sleep after eating/ drinking and blurred vision and dry eyes after eating some foods like rice and ice cream. What to do?

My guess is we are not all the same - we don't all start out with the same mineral reserves or the same ability to retain minerals, and people don't always develop the same symptoms in the same time frame. If you are looking for more information about what might be going on and what you might be able to do about it, then investigating this angle is a possibility - plug in a couple of typical days of diet into cronometer and check to see if there are any minerals or vitamins that are not generously covering the recommended minimums. If you are struggling with hyperglycemia, it may be that you need more generous amounts of some micronutrinets. If you want opinions from here, you can post pictures.

Did you try any of the ideas you got from me and others last time you asked? Here's what I suggested then:

If your hunch is right, and you have been getting a bit hyperglycemic, I wonder whether much of your carbs are relatively mineral-poor, since you say you're not eating much much milk or fruit, and you might therefore be running a bit low on some of the minerals - eg potassium, magnesium - that are useful for metabolising carbohydrates well? Also need a good supply of B-vits to use them well. You could use cronometer or similar to get a rough idea of micronutrient intake, if you haven't assessed this recently.
Liver can be a good source of b-vits. Potatoes provide more potassium than rice.

If you are considering changes, I'd vote for starting out experimenting with:
adding a little liver
leaf broth
seeing if there are higher potassium foods that are OK for you
niacinamide in small frequent doses second.
Peat has mentioned that diabetes is one of the few (only?) things he has recommended brewers yeast extract for (extract in hot water, discard sediment).

lampofred

You have to increase calories slowly. Suddenly increasing caloric intake or eating 1-2 huge meals a day instead of spreading out your calories seems to cause diabetes. I don't know why, but it seems to be the case. I had the same issue when I first found Peat, but I guess I'm PUFA depleted now or large doses of caffeine improved the ability of my cells to burn sugar because I don't feel lethargic after eating anymore.

Motif

I've been somewhat peating and eating at least 2700 calories a day for almost two weeks now and Since the past 4 days I've been having pre-diabetic symptoms. My diet basically consists of a lot of white rice, chicken, eggs, ice cream, fruit ( apples, oranges, grapes), soda, fruit juice, honey, sometimes cheese. I don't drink milk because it gives me acne and I barely eat fruit besides grapes because I'm sensitive to it and get an itchy face and acne from it as well. The sensitivity to fruit and dairy developed a couple years ago Out of nowhere ( digestive issues from leaky gut maybe ?) anyway, pre-diabetic symptoms include waking up in the middle of the night thirsty and hungry and hot and not being able to go back to sleep after eating/ drinking and blurred vision and dry eyes after eating some foods like rice and ice cream. What to do?

How did this continue? Are you feeling better now ?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals