Waking Up Multiple Times During The Night

A. squamosa

Hello everyone,

I have a history of adrenalin problems (as in having too much bouncing around my system), and it seems like they're reoccurring. For the past week and a bit I have been waking up multiple times during the night, had low-level constipation, not hungry when first waking, have a headache when I first wake up, difficult to feel sleepy at night.

However, I've been eating in a more Peat way than usual (incl. upping my gelatin intake), I have f.lux on my computer and twilight on my phone, I get a little sunshine during the day, I have milk before bed.

So my Qs are, why am I having these adrenalin issues, and what can I do to get rid of them that I'm not already doing?

Thanks!

Warrior_

Try to add more salt to your diet. Always have coffee with sugar, if you drink it.

Try OJ with salt and collagen / gelatin before bed. Hot milk, with honey would be another option. Also magnesium glycinate is very helpful for me.

Herbie

Have you looked into cyproheptadine? (Sold as Periactin OTC in Australian pharmacy's) Can give a solid's night sleep plus the other stress lowering effects.

I used to get this problem if I drank too much liquids and too many coffees, too much white sugar, take it easy, less is more keep an eye on how much vitamins and minerals your consuming.

I second honey before bed.

Orion

Hello everyone,

I have a history of adrenalin problems (as in having too much bouncing around my system), and it seems like they're reoccurring. For the past week and a bit I have been waking up multiple times during the night, had low-level constipation, not hungry when first waking, have a headache when I first wake up, difficult to feel sleepy at night.

However, I've been eating in a more Peat way than usual (incl. upping my gelatin intake), I have f.lux on my computer and twilight on my phone, I get a little sunshine during the day, I have milk before bed.

So my Qs are, why am I having these adrenalin issues, and what can I do to get rid of them that I'm not already doing?

Thanks!

Deep restorative sleep requires lots of energy. Stable blood sugar supports this. When blood sugar drops adrenaline/cortisol are utilized to bring it back up.

Liver health is probably the most important factor; adequate calories for your height/weight/lifestyle, adequate quality protein(dairy, more then 100g), vitamins A/K/E/Bs, sunlight, low fat and very low PUFA intake, lots of salts(Mag, Sodium, Potassium), raw carrot away from meals, fruits over starch, calcium over phosphate, sat fat over unsat fat.

Snack before bed and keep salted juice or milk close by for night wakings.

The_xXx

i ve allready experienced this . I can only tell you this really really ****** sucks and detroys your mental psyche also your energy through the day. In my experience it was the pufa realising through the fat tissues. I was also soo much thirsty because you re liver detox the pufas into watersoluble chemicals which are then excretet through urine you also must then wake up and go pee. If you want stop loosing pufa from your fat tissue then just stop the fat metabolism and start eating more sugar before sleeping.

beachbum

i ve allready experienced this . I can only tell you this really really ****** sucks and detroys your mental psyche also your energy through the day. In my experience it was the pufa realising through the fat tissues. I was also soo much thirsty because you re liver detox the pufas into watersoluble chemicals which are then excretet through urine you also must then wake up and go pee. If you want stop loosing pufa from your fat tissue then just stop the fat metabolism and start eating more sugar before sleeping.
Wow.. dang.. you just discribed my nights sleep, I also have frustrating dreams that exhaust me even more. Dumb question. . Any type of sugar? I hear honey mentioned alot. I guess I will start with that, not sure how much though. Thank you.

The_xXx

What helped me for deeper sleep is zinc in form of zinc byclycinate maybe it's due the glycin, also pure glycin, Magnesium and maybe some diary product . With sugar you have to experience what fits you best I can't sleep well if I eat brown melasse for e. g. . I would also recommend you to eat some biter things which helps your liver addiotionally with pufa cleansing.

HLP

Adrenaline problems usually are connected to hypothyroidism. I had the same middle of the night disturbances until I corrected my low thyroid issues. Now I sleep like a teenager with solid undisturbed sleep.

Orion

Adrenaline problems usually are connected to hypothyroidism. I had the same middle of the night disturbances until I corrected my low thyroid issues. Now I sleep like a teenager with solid undisturbed sleep.

What corrected your thyroid issues? Thanks

The_xXx

What corrected your thyroid issues? Thanks
i think there is no general formula how to fix thyroid issue. It differs from one to one. Most important i think is to deliver the thyroid the nutritions (thiamine, iodine, selenium, chopper, carbs, protein ). But you can also have slow thyroid if you have too much toxins circulating in your system. I think thats also a big factor. Those toxins take place instead of the vitamins and nutrition in your body in other words they deplete them. So you need to excrete them fast with specific lifestyle. In my case lifting, cardio, sunshine and alot of coffe helped. Also lemons and oranges and vitamin e. And every chemicals which induce p450 also helped me alot with lifer function for e. g. biter things. Thats why i think also you should prefer good coffe over only caffein pills. If you start excreting pufas and toxins you have to urge to drink alot. I think the most important thing is too always keep detoxin enzyme production high espiacilly p450 fam.

tara

Hi A. squamosa,
Some of these things have made a difference for me at times - have you tried:
- eating enough carbs through the day to get glycogen filled, and a little carby snack within and hour of sleep time?
- enough salt - to taste - through the day
- enough magnesium through the day
- keeping small carby and maybe salty snack by the bed that you can easily take quick and easy without disturbing too much as soon as you wake
- keeping your mouth shut all night so you breath through your nose (except for a few seconds if you need a little snack :))
- dressing warm enough in bed
- but not too warm
- doing or focussing on something really relaxing just before you go to sleep
- getting some movement in the day (but not excessive/overwork)
- getting some sunshine on your skin regularly
- not overdoing the coffee or other stimulants

HLP

I first started with ERFA (thyroid glandular prescription in Canada) but switched to Synthroid and Cytomel and am currently trying to get the dose right. I sleep solid most nights and have slept almost 11 hours straight recently. That's sleeping like a teenager when I'm nearing 60! I consume quite a bit of fruit, raw milk, gelatin, cheese, sugar, coffee (early in the day) and take a tsp of glycine after supper. I run a fan to drown out any weird and unexpected noises that may occur during the night. Sorry for the delayed response.

OP
A. squamosa

A. squamosa

Thanks everyone!
I'd rather not turn to drugs, I'd prefer to address it via food and lifestyle. I do eat plenty of salt and sugar, but I don't really know if I'm eating enough food in general, nor do I know when my ratios are good (carbs/protein/fat). + I always have milk before bed, usually w/ salt and honey.
What are good magnesium foods?
I definitely could get more sunshine and movement in my life.

tara

I do eat plenty of salt and sugar, but I don't really know if I'm eating enough food in general,
The only way I could tell low blood sugar levels were messing with my sleep was when having a small sweet snack would send me back to sleep quickly instead of lying a wake for hours. Easy test.
Broth from leafy green s has good magnesium. Milk and OJ both have useful amounts. Some of us seem to need more than we can get from food.

OP
A. squamosa

A. squamosa

Good to know Tara, thanks! Sometimes it takes me a while to get back to sleep, other times not long at all - it's all pretty inconsistent. I will try out your suggestion.

When you say broth from leafy greens, do you mean blanching some spinach or something, then drinking that water? Or do you have to boil them? Also, do you eat the greens afterwards?

tara

When you say broth from leafy greens, do you mean blanching some spinach or something, then drinking that water? Or do you have to boil them? Also, do you eat the greens afterwards?
I think Peat has said boiling briefly leaches significant amounts of the Mg into the water. Personally, I eat the leaves too.

Any toxic mold in your building or bedroom?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals