Raging Arousal Middle Of Night

OP
O

Orius

I’m so glad you are able to get real sunshine!

I personally wouldn’t take cod liver oil due to the pufa alone but that’s just me.

As far as diet I’ve done a lot of adjusting over the years but coming from a low carb background I found adding back carbs made a huge difference. I find carbs from fruit helpful although I still eat some starch. Whole and dried fruits currently work well but early on when I had weak digestion I drank a lot of juice and ate more cooked fruits.

Right now I’m sure my diet isn’t what we typically think of as Peaty but I’ve been at this 5 years so I’ve learned to keep what works for me. I think it’s important to eat enough to support your metabolism (starvation/malnutrition is linked to elevated prolactin) with foods that agree with you personally and give you energy. Beyond that the main Peat inspired diet guideline I follow is minimizing pufa.

I think someone might have mentioned it already but the antimicrobial fibers seem helpful for excess estrogen and keeping the bowels clean/moving. I like cooked mushrooms for this but some eat the raw carrot salad or cooked bamboo shoots. Now that I eat more whole and dried fruits I don’t seem to need mushrooms or other anti microbial fibers everyday.

It’s a journey and everyone’s is slightly different but I think your on the right track. People should be able to recover from a climax induced prolactin spike fairly easily but when you’re in a weakened state I think it’s harder and takes longer to return to baseline.

I honestly agree with Peat and think thyroid is key for prolactin issues.

This is a stupid question but what's the deal with PUFAs? People around here seem to have a problem with them. Is there is a nice summary read around here I could have a look at?

My thyroid is normal. It's in the optimal range of optimal range, with plenty of T3 and T4. My main source of iodine is from seaweeds I add to broths, and eating shellfish.

I agree that carbs are important. I can't live without them. I've done low carb diets before and they were disastrous.

My underlying health condition is inflammatory bowel disease, ulcerative colitis. That may be why prolactin is high. I was on prednisone for 6 months and my hormone system is only just now starting to come back into alignment, 6 months after cessation of the drug. Pregnenolone allowed me to stop prednisone while still maintaining inflammatory control of my disease. Now, thanks to remineralization, inflammation is in a good place.

The bane of my existence right now is having to get iron IVs once a month. I know the oxidative damage that iron can do, but my bowels have been damaged enough from this disease that I don't absorb iron whatsoever.

Aymen

Why the right side?
just try it , when i go to bed and sleep in the right side , even if i get random erections i can control myself to not start masturbating , but if i sleep on my back and i get random erections i start to masturbate .

Blossom

Forum Supporter

This is a stupid question but what's the deal with PUFAs? People around here seem to have a problem with them. Is there is a nice summary read around here I could have a look at?

My thyroid is normal. It's in the optimal range of optimal range, with plenty of T3 and T4. My main source of iodine is from seaweeds I add to broths, and eating shellfish.

I agree that carbs are important. I can't live without them. I've done low carb diets before and they were disastrous.

My underlying health condition is inflammatory bowel disease, ulcerative colitis. That may be why prolactin is high. I was on prednisone for 6 months and my hormone system is only just now starting to come back into alignment, 6 months after cessation of the drug. Pregnenolone allowed me to stop prednisone while still maintaining inflammatory control of my disease. Now, thanks to remineralization, inflammation is in a good place.

The bane of my existence right now is having to get iron IVs once a month. I know the oxidative damage that iron can do, but my bowels have been damaged enough from this disease that I don't absorb iron whatsoever.
I think reading the post and article below will help you understand the deal with pufa from a Peat prism.
A Must-read PUFA Primer
The Great Fish Oil Experiment

Amazoniac

If you get to a point that it's unbearable, just get some extra vitamin E, C or molybdenum and you'll refer to these episodes as "good ol' days". But fermentable carbs at night can do this, and of course you won't notice anything right away; the opposite would be a last meal of carrots or other foods that are unlikely to cause issues in this regard.

OP
O

Orius

I think reading the post and article below will help you understand the deal with pufa from a Peat prism.
A Must-read PUFA Primer
The Great Fish Oil Experiment

Thank you, I'll make my way through these!

The main sources of PUFA in my life are chicken, eggs, avocados and... potato chips. Yes, I have a weakness for them... but it's not often.

I take cod liver oil for the vitamin A and vitamin D during the winter, but I get most of my vitamin A from beef liver which I eat once a week or so.

Surely some PUFA is okay, and unavoidable?

OP
O

Orius

If you get to a point that it's unbearable, just get some extra vitamin E, C or molybdenum and you'll refer to these episodes as "good ol' days". But fermentable carbs at night can do this, and of course you won't notice anything right away; the opposite would be a last meal of carrots or other foods that are unlikely to cause issues in this regard.

I take up to 1,000mg of whole food vitamin C each day, as well as full spectrum vitamin E in the form of rice bran.

I'm not sure about molybdenum. I've taken it in the past but noticed no difference. Is there a particular metabolic pathway you have in mind when you recommend that one?

tankasnowgod

Yikes to the Iron IVs! I wouldn't doubt that is causing a host of problems on it's own (even if it is needed). Do you know what your main iron markers are (specifically, ferritin, TSAT, and hemoglobin)? Are you on any B supplements, or also getting those by IV/injection?

I've read a lot about iron, and interestingly, iron and calcium seem to be absorbed the same way. If you can't absorb iron due to colitis, I'd bet you can't effectively absorb calcium, either. Coming from an iron overload perspective (that was one of my issues), I can tell you that it's known that both calcium AND calcium channel blockers effectively inhibit iron absorption. Since they are interrelated, I suspect that the reverse is also true..... that iron inhibits calcium absorption.

This could be a factor in the excess prolactin. If you aren't effectively absorbing calcium from diet, elevated prolactin would make a lot of sense. Not sure about Iron IVs, but it also makes sense that an infusion of iron could spike prolactin for related reasons.

With the injected iron, you might also what to look into supplemental Vitamin C, either from diet or IV.

Also, since you have an Iron issue, you find this a good resource- Iron Disorders Institute

Amazoniac

I take up to 1,000mg of whole food vitamin C each day, as well as full spectrum vitamin E in the form of rice bran.

I'm not sure about molybdenum. I've taken it in the past but noticed no difference. Is there a particular metabolic pathway you have in mind when you recommend that one?
Yes, the CO pathway, which stands for Copper Obliteration. How much vitamin E?
Does you sleeps in a cool ventilated room? By cool I don't mean with glowing stickers or those projecting globes that keep rotating, I mean lower temperature.

tankasnowgod

If you are getting Iron IVs, I suspect that you could likely take a lot more vitamin C than a gram a day. Maybe an order of magnitude of 10 or 20 times as much, possibly a magnitude of 100 times as much shortly after iron infusions.

Traditionally, "Bowel Tolerance" can be used to find effective doses for individuals and conditions...... but I'm not sure how that would work, given that you mentioned the bowels issues.

OP
O

Orius

Yikes to the Iron IVs! I wouldn't doubt that is causing a host of problems on it's own (even if it is needed). Do you know what your main iron markers are (specifically, ferritin, TSAT, and hemoglobin)? Are you on any B supplements, or also getting those by IV/injection?

I've read a lot about iron, and interestingly, iron and calcium seem to be absorbed the same way. If you can't absorb iron due to colitis, I'd bet you can't effectively absorb calcium, either. Coming from an iron overload perspective (that was one of my issues), I can tell you that it's known that both calcium AND calcium channel blockers effectively inhibit iron absorption. Since they are interrelated, I suspect that the reverse is also true..... that iron inhibits calcium absorption.

This could be a factor in the excess prolactin. If you aren't effectively absorbing calcium from diet, elevated prolactin would make a lot of sense. Not sure about Iron IVs, but it also makes sense that an infusion of iron could spike prolactin for related reasons.

With the injected iron, you might also what to look into supplemental Vitamin C, either from diet or IV.

Also, since you have an Iron issue, you find this a good resource- Iron Disorders Institute

My hemoglobin only recently reached normal, so the iron I'm getting is more for storage. I have low level bowel bleeding still, so I am constantly but slowly losing iron stores. Auto-immune disease really sucks. I had a serious bowel flare back in June 2018 that almost killed me. I bled out all my hemoglobin and iron stores. My ferritin was 1 and my hemoglobin was 75 (7.5 under the other system).

I don't take synthetic B vitamins, I get them all from food. I made my own desiccated calf liver capsules and I take 3-4 of those per day. I also consume bee pollen, rice bran, whole orange juice, etc. The only stand-alone I take is magnesium and it's through injection.

On the note of liver pills, I know that liver is high in biogenic amines and I've considered this may be playing a role in my night time arousal, but because it's so sex-drive specific I am more inclined to consider boron as the culprit.

It's true that iron and calcium are related. They also compete. I must be absorbing some calcium because my teeth remineralization project has healed 6 cavities, including one that was about to be drilled. Nonetheless, my months of eating iron rich foods did absolutely nothing to shore up my ferritin and hemoglobin.

I don't think the science on that is hard and fast, btw. The body may sequester iron in the case of anemia of chronic disease/inflammation, but calcium does not seem to be as hindered. I suspect that inflammatory bowel is caused by an infection, but modern medicine won't own up to this.

I think when one's hemoglobin and iron are so low, oral repletion is next to impossible. It's one aspect of modern medicine that I'm really grateful for, otherwise I'd be dead.

Yes, the CO pathway, which stands for Copper Obliteration. How much vitamin E?
Does you sleeps in a cool ventilated room? By cool I don't mean with glowing stickers or those projecting globes that keep rotating, I mean lower temperature.

Not sure how to quantify the vitamin E. I consume rice bran which is full spectrum, and avocados.

My room is cool and ventilated at night. I can't sleep with no windows open, even in the winter. Fresh air is necessary for a good night's sleep.

If you are getting Iron IVs, I suspect that you could likely take a lot more vitamin C than a gram a day. Maybe an order of magnitude of 10 or 20 times as much, possibly a magnitude of 100 times as much shortly after iron infusions.

Traditionally, "Bowel Tolerance" can be used to find effective doses for individuals and conditions...... but I'm not sure how that would work, given that you mentioned the bowels issues.

You're thinking ascorbic acid, which I don't take. Ascorbic acid depletes ceruloplasmin and in turn copper. Whole food vitamin C contains tyrosinase at its core, which contains copper, which shores up ceruloplasmin. I take camu camu and orange juice for my whole food C, plus any other veggies I happen to eat.

Shortly after an iron IV, I don't take too much vitamin C because it will cause iron to be excreted before it can be stored. I take enough to counter the oxidative stress which seems to be 1g per day. Any more than that and I just crap it out.

Bowel tolerance is not a useful measurement in my case, unfortunately.

Dr. Peat has said that excessive horniness is due to high estrogen. I wonder if a little progesterone would be a good idea. I would think so.

Ras

1 Corinthians 1:18
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

Hebrews 9:27
And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

It's no laughing matter. Jesus Christ is God in the flesh that came into the world and voluntarily offered himself up once as a sacrifice for the sins of the whole world. One must trust and believe in the propitiatory blood sacrifice offered by Jesus on the Cross of Calvary to avoid the wrath of God. (Hell) He took the judgment of YOUR sins (along with the whole worlds) so that you might have eternal life through him. Salvation is the FREE GIFT from God to all those that believe. No WORKS are required. It's the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ that saves believers. Jesus Christ is ALIVE and at the right hand of the Father. Why not put your trust into Jesus Christ's finished work on the Cross today while there's still time left!! Eternity in either Heaven or Hell awaits. The choice is yours!!

2 Corinthians 6:2
(For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)

John 1:12 12
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Amen.

John 6
53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.
57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.
58 This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.

marcar72

Amen.

John 6
53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.
57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.
58 This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.

Unless you're a Catholic and believe in the Mass and transubstantiation or are just a God hating atheist trying to look like you know something about God, you'll know that the above verses are symbolic and not to be taken literally. I would surmise that you'd fall into the God hating atheist catagory.

Ohhh, and the Roman Catholic Church is the Whore of Babylon in the book of Revelation so that pretty much nullifies their take on the matter! Just a heads up. God Bless!! :happy:

I was going to suggest taurine supplementation, but this sounds like a winner to me.

Ras

Unless you're a Catholic and believe in the Mass and transubstantiation or are just a God hating atheist trying to look like you know something about God, you'll know that the above verses are symbolic and not to be taken literally. I would surmise that you'd fall into the God hating atheist catagory.

Ohhh, and the Roman Catholic Church is the Whore of Babylon in the book of Revelation so that pretty much nullifies their take on the matter! Just a heads up. God Bless!! :happy:
They are symbolic, and here is their meaning:

John 6:35
And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

To come to Christ is to eat his flesh; to believe on Christ is to drink his blood. And, again, as he said, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you."

Ras

I take camu camu and orange juice for my whole food C, plus any other veggies I happen to eat.
Why did you choose camu camu instead of rosehips or acerola or some other fruit? I want to get the best fruit powder for just such a purpose.

marcar72

1 Corinthians 11:
23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, that the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:

24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.

25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, this cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.

marcar72

John 6:35
And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

To come to Christ is to eat his flesh; to believe on Christ is to drink his blood. And, again, as he said, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you."

I think we're in agreement then on the symbolic meaning of what Jesus meant. Sorry if I offended you at all in my original reply, I'm just quick I guess to set atheists straight. It's hard sometimes online to see where someone is coming from. God bless!! :):

marcar72

@Ras May I ask what denomination, if any would you say your beliefs fall under if you had to name a denomination? Just curious as I'm a born again King James Bible believer who would fall under the Independent Fundamental Baptist denomination even though I was brought up going to a Southern Baptist Church.