Urinary Incontinence & waking up at night increased | Mid 20s

Doludolu

Hello, has anyone encountered with problems of urinary incontinence ? I'm in my mid 20s, and been having this phasing (sometimes increases, sometimes decreases) urinary incontinence phenomena for about 3 years. Which is quite strange as it is commonly related to increased prostate, but after going to my urologist and scan being done, I was said that prostate is normal. If I recall properly, about 1,5-2 years ago when I had my girlfriend and was having sex, I used to have premature ejaculation or at least I self-diagnosed myself with that - not sure if these could be anyhow related .. ?? Kegel exercises and Deep breathing exercises , reducing stress and alterating mindset seemed to help quite a lot, but not fully.

Have not traced the problem & root causes to the urinary incontinence thing, but what I've noticed that I tend to experience it more when I drink coffee (I drink it only 2-3x a week as otherwise I feel that caffeine is slowly burning my out and reducing my basal energy levels, making me dependant on the drug "caffeine")

Additionally, what I've noticed that with the occurrence of cyclical urinary incontinence 3 years ago, I also started to wake up at nights during my sleep, sometimes 1 , sometimes even 2 times if I eat more hydrating foods. That's why I try not to drink excess liquid before sleep, consume more salt, and actually pee right before my sleep, to prevent the waking up in the middle of night , disrupting my deep sleep. That seems to be really helpful, but sometimes I wake up even doing all of that.

So, I was wondering what could be the most important factors here, root causes and possible solutions, interventions to try as it is kind of an embarrassing problem.

I hope to have provided enough of information for those who have experienced similar problems or know the possible mechanisms underlying the problem(s) and get some constructive comments here!

miquelangeles

By urinary incontinence you mean you are leaking urine by accident, randomly when not in the bathroom?

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hello, has anyone encountered with problems of urinary incontinence ? I'm in my mid 20s, and been having this phasing (sometimes increases, sometimes decreases) urinary incontinence phenomena for about 3 years. Which is quite strange as it is commonly related to increased prostate, but after going to my urologist and scan being done, I was said that prostate is normal. If I recall properly, about 1,5-2 years ago when I had my girlfriend and was having sex, I used to have premature ejaculation or at least I self-diagnosed myself with that - not sure if these could be anyhow related .. ?? Kegel exercises and Deep breathing exercises , reducing stress and alterating mindset seemed to help quite a lot, but not fully.

Have not traced the problem & root causes to the urinary incontinence thing, but what I've noticed that I tend to experience it more when I drink coffee (I drink it only 2-3x a week as otherwise I feel that caffeine is slowly burning my out and reducing my basal energy levels, making me dependant on the drug "caffeine")

Additionally, what I've noticed that with the occurrence of cyclical urinary incontinence 3 years ago, I also started to wake up at nights during my sleep, sometimes 1 , sometimes even 2 times if I eat more hydrating foods. That's why I try not to drink excess liquid before sleep, consume more salt, and actually pee right before my sleep, to prevent the waking up in the middle of night , disrupting my deep sleep. That seems to be really helpful, but sometimes I wake up even doing all of that.

So, I was wondering what could be the most important factors here, root causes and possible solutions, interventions to try as it is kind of an embarrassing problem.

I hope to have provided enough of information for those who have experienced similar problems or know the possible mechanisms underlying the problem(s) and get some constructive comments here!
Signs of excess noradrenaline and adrenaline. Progesterone, magnesium, zinc, taurine, inosine, salt, carbs, aspirin, etc., should be helpful to lower it.

OP
Doludolu

Doludolu

By urinary incontinence you mean you are leaking urine by accident, randomly when not in the bathroom?
Sometimes that happens too.

Signs of excess noradrenaline and adrenaline. Progesterone, magnesium, zinc, taurine, inosine, salt, carbs, aspirin, etc., should be helpful to lower it.
I see. But this is symptomatic kind of approach. And I've been using most of those things for quite a long time. More curious where could the root cause be and how to actually fix it.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Sometimes that happens too.

I see. But this is symptomatic kind of approach. And I've been using most of those things for quite a long time. More curious where could the root cause be and how to actually fix it.
Do you also have food sensitivities and gut problems?

OP
Doludolu

Doludolu

Do you also have food sensitivities and gut problems?
Well, I've been on the gut-healing path for several years, quite succesfully but not fully. I did multiple SIBO & Candida-overgrowth protocols, also parasite protocols. A good year ago tested for some food IgG intolerances, like eggs, cow's dairy, gluten, ginger and couple of less important ones. Gut problems comparing with what I had when my health journey started multiple years ago I am very happy with my life, however perhaps there are things that should be improved. I do have a white-coated tongue, I sometimes still get bloated or gassy, depending on the food. I think there might be a slight Candida / SIBO overgrowth even after doing multiple rounds of very potent, different herbal antibiotics and then going LOW-FODMAP, getting probiotics, SBO's like MegaSpore & etc, it still hasn't fixed fully. And knowing my body I still react negatively to consumption of eggs / dairy / gluten - get bloated, acne, lower energy, brain fog, gluten gives all of that + used to give mouth ulcers multiple years ago. Excess ginger powder or extract makes me sneeze. But as I said, my journey to where I am now it's been a powerful one, I'm happy I'm energetic, motivated, not constipated :D & etc. But there might be additional things to improve or fully fix , which I don't know about. Hope to have informed you well, will be nice to hear what you think @Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Well, I've been on the gut-healing path for several years, quite succesfully but not fully. I did multiple SIBO & Candida-overgrowth protocols, also parasite protocols. A good year ago tested for some food IgG intolerances, like eggs, cow's dairy, gluten, ginger and couple of less important ones. Gut problems comparing with what I had when my health journey started multiple years ago I am very happy with my life, however perhaps there are things that should be improved. I do have a white-coated tongue, I sometimes still get bloated or gassy, depending on the food. I think there might be a slight Candida / SIBO overgrowth even after doing multiple rounds of very potent, different herbal antibiotics and then going LOW-FODMAP, getting probiotics, SBO's like MegaSpore & etc, it still hasn't fixed fully. And knowing my body I still react negatively to consumption of eggs / dairy / gluten - get bloated, acne, lower energy, brain fog, gluten gives all of that + used to give mouth ulcers multiple years ago. Excess ginger powder or extract makes me sneeze. But as I said, my journey to where I am now it's been a powerful one, I'm happy I'm energetic, motivated, not constipated :D & etc. But there might be additional things to improve or fully fix , which I don't know about. Hope to have informed you well, will be nice to hear what you think @Hans
Maybe it's not gut-related, maybe it is. Hard to say. So many things influence each other that it becomes a chicken egg problem. Are you in an environment where that can be mold (roof, floor, bedroom, kitchen sink, shower, vents, etc.)?

OP
Doludolu

Doludolu

Maybe it's not gut-related, maybe it is. Hard to say. So many things influence each other that it becomes a chicken egg problem. Are you in an environment where that can be mold (roof, floor, bedroom, kitchen sink, shower, vents, etc.)?
It wasn't a moldy environment. And also now I've changed the environment completely and the problem still repeats itself occasionally.