Sleeping Heart Rate Plummeting, Not Sure Why

Vileplume

For a few weeks my heart rate was rising steadily, I was sleeping well, waking up energized. My resting heart rate was around 40 a few months ago, but by last week I had gotten it up to 60 and was feeling much better, mood-wise. Was drinking lots of milk, eating meat, fruit, maple syrup, sugar, gelatin.

However, I still had some constipation issues—incomplete evacuation of my poo sometimes, so I began supplementing salt and magnesium bicarbonate. I consume about a tablespoon of salt in water through the day, as well as 1400 mg of mag bicarbonate. I work have been eating lots of cooked fruit, which gives me great temps instantly (99.0) and is so easy on my digestion (0 bloating). Diet looks like this:

-8 cups raw goat milk
-cooked fruit***
-3/4 lb of lamb
-maple syrup
-gelatin
-sugar
-coffee
-tbsp of salt in water***
-1400 mg mag bicarb water***

***= a recent change

The past few days, my waking heart rate has been steadily dropping—from 57, to 52, to 49. The only things I’ve changed somewhat recently are eating cooked fruit (instead of raw fruit), and the large amount of sodium and magnesium. I should add that I wake up in the middle of the night thirsty, with pretty dark-yellow pee. Could my electrolyte supplementation be throwing off my nighttime electrolyte balance? Could the cooked fruit be giving me too much instantaneous energy and therefore not storing glycogen? What do you think is most likely the issue? Thanks.

jet9

For a few weeks my heart rate was rising steadily, I was sleeping well, waking up energized. My resting heart rate was around 40 a few months ago, but by last week I had gotten it up to 60 and was feeling much better, mood-wise. Was drinking lots of milk, eating meat, fruit, maple syrup, sugar, gelatin.

However, I still had some constipation issues—incomplete evacuation of my poo sometimes, so I began supplementing salt and magnesium bicarbonate. I consume about a tablespoon of salt in water through the day, as well as 1400 mg of mag bicarbonate. I work have been eating lots of cooked fruit, which gives me great temps instantly (99.0) and is so easy on my digestion (0 bloating). Diet looks like this:

-8 cups raw goat milk
-cooked fruit***
-3/4 lb of lamb
-maple syrup
-gelatin
-sugar
-coffee
-tbsp of salt in water***
-1400 mg mag bicarb water***

***= a recent change

The past few days, my waking heart rate has been steadily dropping—from 57, to 52, to 49. The only things I’ve changed somewhat recently are eating cooked fruit (instead of raw fruit), and the large amount of sodium and magnesium. I should add that I wake up in the middle of the night thirsty, with pretty dark-yellow pee. Could my electrolyte supplementation be throwing off my nighttime electrolyte balance? Could the cooked fruit be giving me too much instantaneous energy and therefore not storing glycogen? What do you think is most likely the issue? Thanks.
try to remove mag and reduce salt. I never found any benefit from extra salt, and mag resulted in hypoglecimia issues for me.

Recoen

try to remove mag and reduce salt. I never found any benefit from extra salt, and mag resulted in hypoglecimia issues for me.

Do you get most of your Mg from food, coffee? Supplemental Mg has caused me to have hypoglycemia too. Have you tried idealabs magnoil? Or any other transdermal form? I can handle Epsom salts now if I’m well fed beforehand.

jet9

Do you get most of your Mg from food, coffee? Supplemental Mg has caused me to have hypoglycemia too. Have you tried idealabs magnoil? Or any other transdermal form? I can handle Epsom salts now if I’m well fed beforehand.
I do not track magnesium. When i tried to supplement it though (years ago when i was not on peat diet) it caused hypoglecimia issues so i stopped. Nowadays i don't do any supplements - i think we can and should get everything we need from diet.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Jessie

Have you tried Cynoplus? Several people seem to do good with a thyroid dosage a couple hours before bed. It will lower TSH and provide a steady stream of T3 throughout the night (provided you don't have bad impairment in glycogen storage).

OP
Vileplume

Vileplume

I will try that. The reason I stuck with them is that salt really seems to boost my temps during the day. Although yesterday I drank more magnesium than usual and my temps fell more then usual (could have been something else though).

Since I have been super thirsty lately too, and my temps seem to fall even further on thirsty nights, it does make me think it’s a blood sugar thing. I didn’t know that magnesium could cause hypoglycemia. Thanks for that.

OP
Vileplume

Vileplume

Last edited:
OP
Vileplume

Vileplume

Have you tried Cynoplus? Several people seem to do good with a thyroid dosage a couple hours before bed. It will lower TSH and provide a steady stream of T3 throughout the night (provided you don't have bad impairment in glycogen storage).

I haven’t yet but I did order some about a month ago from mexipharmacy and the tracking says it’ll be here soon.

OP
Vileplume

Vileplume

I haven’t yet but I did order some about a month ago from mexipharmacy and the tracking says it’ll be here soon.

I should also add that it seems my heart rate drops even more on nights where I have excessive thirst. And last night, I drank a whole quart of raw milk and maple syrup, tasted bomb but my nighttime temps went down mighty fast, yo

Recoen

interesting! What’s the best way to increase thiamin? When I look at lists of f thiamin-rich foods, many are not too Peaty, although I do eat a good amount of meat, eggs, dairy, and fruit.

Most find they need to supplement. Many like benfotiamine or allithiamine. Start low and build slow.

OP
Vileplume

Vileplume

Much appreciated.

Also, weird observation from yesterday and last night. Throughout the day, I got most of my carbs/sugar from honey, instead of maple syrup and cane sugar. I felt pretty good all day, with stable temps and good/positive sociability. My heart rate was much lower than usual, but also much more stable. Whereas normally it would rise up to the 90s even while sitting, yesterday it remained in the high 70s all day, lower but steadier it seemed.

When it came time to sleep, I had restless legs and kept feeling like I needed to stretch them out. Although my temperatures upon going to bed were higher than usual (98.4 at bedtime, whereas it's usually 97.6 or so around bedtime), I couldn't sleep well. Kept waking up. My average nighttime pulse dropped a good amount (from 65 avg down to 58 avg), but temperature baseline was higher (lowest HR was 53 bpm last night, rather than previous nights’ 51). It seems like using honey instead of maple syrup led to lower average pulse, but a slightly higher baseline. So, less fluctuation and more stability, but again, a lower RHR average overall. And still, my RHR dropped about 20 BPM while I slept (compared to when I'm sitting/laying down during the day).

Not sure what to make of all this.

Last edited:
OP
Vileplume

Vileplume

I just received my Cynoplus in the mail, and I'm excited to try it but also a bit reluctant. I'm 28 years old and, even though I have had a lot of trouble sleeping lately, chronic poor digestion, anxiety that comes and goes, erection issues, AND RHR that drops down to low 50s in my sleep (which I cannot seem to boost), my temps still reach 98.8 or 99 during the day. This high daytime temp and pulse make me think that maybe I'm not hypo? But all my other symptoms lead me to believe I am. I guess my question is, what's the risk of a 28 year old taking Cynoplus if it turns out I'm not hypo, as I suspect I am? Perhaps I can simply monitor my symptoms and adjust, stopping if needed.

Thanks in advance

Jessie

I just received my Cynoplus in the mail, and I'm excited to try it but also a bit reluctant. I'm 28 years old and, even though I have had a lot of trouble sleeping lately, chronic poor digestion, anxiety that comes and goes, erection issues, AND RHR that drops down to low 50s in my sleep (which I cannot seem to boost), my temps still reach 98.8 or 99 during the day. This high daytime temp and pulse make me think that maybe I'm not hypo? But all my other symptoms lead me to believe I am. I guess my question is, what's the risk of a 28 year old taking Cynoplus if it turns out I'm not hypo, as I suspect I am? Perhaps I can simply monitor my symptoms and adjust, stopping if needed.

Thanks in advance
First and foremost, you probably shouldn't take the whole tablet. A whole pill is like 3 grains, you should probably take around 1/2 grain. So I would split the pill into fourths and take only a fourth at bedtime, probably best if taken with something sugary, like juice or coke for example.

My bet is cortisol is the reason why your daytime temps are elevated. Whenever someone's thyroid is deficient, cortisol will raise to help compensate for this deficiency. But even if you are euthyroid, the only thing Cynoplus would do is increase your micronutrient requirement. May also make you produce more heat.

Thyroid is a really safe supplement, and you would have to do something really dumb (like take 10 grains at one time) for it to become dangerous. So no worries here.

PS: As a side note, I would also take Charlie's advice with considerable thought. Thyroid deficiency and thiamine deficiency tend to run parallel. Many of the same symptoms and whatnot. Plus thiamine is a key nutrient in the metabolic processes. Thiamine in high doses (300+mgs) tends to produce many of the same benefits thyroid produces. Thiamine also inhibits PDK, so you will use glycogen more efficiently. This effect could inadvertently result in much better sleep, considering poor glycogen utilization tends to disturb sleep.

OP
Vileplume

Vileplume

First and foremost, you probably shouldn't take the whole tablet. A whole pill is like 3 grains, you should probably take around 1/2 grain. So I would split the pill into fourths and take only a fourth at bedtime, probably best if taken with something sugary, like juice or coke for example.

My bet is cortisol is the reason why your daytime temps are elevated. Whenever someone's thyroid is deficient, cortisol will raise to help compensate for this deficiency. But even if you are euthyroid, the only thing Cynoplus would do is increase your micronutrient requirement. May also make you produce more heat.

Thyroid is a really safe supplement, and you would have to do something really dumb (like take 10 grains at one time) for it to become dangerous. So no worries here.

PS: As a side note, I would also take Charlie's advice with considerable thought. Thyroid deficiency and thiamine deficiency tend to run parallel. Many of the same symptoms and whatnot. Plus thiamine is a key nutrient in the metabolic processes. Thiamine in high doses (300+mgs) tends to produce many of the same benefits thyroid produces. Thiamine also inhibits PDK, so you will use glycogen more efficiently. This effect could inadvertently result in much better sleep, considering poor glycogen utilization tends to disturb sleep.

thanks for the thoughtful post. I have ordered some thiamin as well and just took a little less than 1/4 of a cynoplus. I need a micro scale.

OP
Vileplume

Vileplume

Just wanted to update that I’ve been taking 1/4 cynoplus nightly for four nights, and my nighttime pulse still drop down below 50, despite staying strong at 80s-90s sedentary during the day. I have ordered thiamin supp but it’s not here yet. Plus last night it took me FOREVER to fall asleep and I had restless legs, which seems to further support a cortisol issue. I know the cynoplus may take a little longer to kick in, but I’m starting to wonder if I’m simply not eating enough.

I get digestive issues too, with diarrhea and a knot in my stomach almost nightly, so those issues definitely compound the problem, but I can’t figure out what my body digests easily. Currently, I eat....

-8 cups raw goat milk
-bowl of carrot salad (Coco oil, ACV)
-1/2 pound of lamb
-a full melon
-12 tbsps of maple syrup or honey
-gelatin
-lots of salt

I’m a 200 lb, 6 foot dude. My tongue develops a coating daily, I have developed some acne too, and when I try eating lots of cooked fruit (which doesn’t bloat me) I get a hyperglycemia response as indicated by excessive thirst. Cannot figure this one out!

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals