Bringing To Attention The Dark Side Of Dairy

Dobbler

Dairy has consistently the best fatty acid profile compared to any other food groups. It is in most cases +60% saturated. Sure coconut is in the ~90% range but you can't get protein from coconuts and very little carbs too. Beef is good too and that's because it comes from the same animal. Humans like dairy, take 100 people from the street and i'd say atleast 90 of them like the taste of dairy. Sure if you eat the lowest of lowest of quality with added thickeners and stuff, it tastes like sh*t because that would never exist in nature with those fillers. If you have good quality dairy products and you react negatively, it's not the dairy most likely, it's your metabolic status and digestion that are bad.

redsun

Dairy has consistently the best fatty acid profile compared to any other food groups. It is in most cases +60% saturated. Sure coconut is in the ~90% range but you can't get protein from coconuts and very little carbs too. Beef is good too and that's because it comes from the same animal. Humans like dairy, take 100 people from the street and i'd say atleast 90 of them like the taste of dairy. Sure if you eat the lowest of lowest of quality with added thickeners and stuff, it tastes like sh*t because that would never exist in nature with those fillers. If you have good quality dairy products and you react negatively, it's not the dairy most likely, it's your metabolic status and digestion that are bad.

Raising opioids is probably a major reason why humans like dairy. I know myself for one, I can chug down 3 cups of whole milk without flinching and its very pleasant, milk or dairy does not cause digestive issues. So saying most people like this food doesn't mean much because taste does not correlate with its value for consumption, otherwise you can easily argue for any tasty junk food.

Its even worse in my opinion when your gut CAN tolerate dairy so you do not experience immediate discomfort and issue from it. But if I go back to consuming a dairy rich diet say lots of milk(which I can easily drink half a gallon daily) and cheese I will become completely unproductive and lazy and laid back. Gut motility slows majorly as well. Even some milk or cheese will trigger reduced productivity and even changes my personality to a degree if I eat enough. I can definitely compare the blissful effect from milk to tramadol I was prescribed months ago(which I had to take once for severe pain).

Raising opioids is probably a major reason why humans like dairy. I know myself for one, I can chug down 3 cups of whole milk without flinching and its very pleasant, milk or dairy does not cause digestive issues. So saying most people like this food doesn't mean much because taste does not correlate with its value for consumption, otherwise you can easily argue for any tasty junk food.

Its even worse in my opinion when your gut CAN tolerate dairy so you do not experience immediate discomfort and issue from it. But if I go back to consuming a dairy rich diet say lots of milk(which I can easily drink half a gallon daily) and cheese I will become completely unproductive and lazy and laid back. Gut motility slows majorly as well. Even some milk or cheese will trigger reduced productivity and even changes my personality to a degree if I eat enough. I can definitely compare the blissful effect from milk to tramadol I was prescribed months ago(which I had to take once for severe pain).

..it truly is just tasty junkfood,and if you become healthy,
you see that it isnt tasty at all!Also, njoy your never ending sibo guys.
And no,it isnt your digestion that is bad.Milk is for cow-babys,and most
cant tolerate it.It is lazy comfort-Food,that reminds people unconsiously
of their more innocent cereal-bowl-days!Also,the fridge-OJ!

redsun

I definitely do not appreciate the cognitive slow down from the anti-dopamine, pro-opioid/prolactin effects caused by dairy that I get so I try to avoid it and preferably have almost none nowadays.

Dobbler

I definitely do not appreciate the cognitive slow down from the anti-dopamine, pro-opioid/prolactin effects caused by dairy that I get so I try to avoid it and preferably have almost none nowadays.
Im always curious , what have you replaced it with then?

..its also caused in part by acute infection,endotoxin and gut immune activity.
A lot of members swear by their 3 odorous,hulky stools a day,
and im not so sure about that anymore!gotta fix those sibo!
Also,the whole meal can be mal-digested by too high fluid-volume intestinal,
and resulting incapacity to reduce said volume as needed,leading
to imperfect enzyme-function,and proliferation of microrganisms.
Also,too low contact times with small intestine-surface,which leads to non-absorption.
I fear that the sudden weightloss that members are reporting is due to combinations of these factors,
and not healthy,but more starvation-based,mistaken as the necessary healing-crisis.

redsun

Im always curious , what have you replaced it with then?

What have I replaced my calories with you mean? I just eat more meat, 3 eggs a day usually for extra choline, starches usually potato or rice, and sugary drinks and fruits. Most of my calories come from meat with decent fat content and starch with it. I feel best when the majority of my calories are from meat. Meat especially if it is red meat is dopaminergic and pro-histamine with its iron, zinc, B3, B6, tyrosine and phenylalanine content, and high histidine to methionine ratio.

..its also caused in part by acute infection,endotoxin and gut immune activity.
A lot of members swear by their 3 odorous,hulky stools a day,
and im not so sure about that anymore!gotta fix those sibo!
Also,the whole meal can be mal-digested by too high fluid-volume intestinal,
and resulting incapacity to reduce said volume as needed,leading
to imperfect enzyme-function,and proliferation of microrganisms.
Also,too low contact times with small intestine-surface,which leads to non-absorption.
I fear that the sudden weightloss that members are reporting is due to combinations of these factors,
and not healthy,but more starvation-based,mistaken as the necessary healing-crisis.

Yeh 3 stools a day isn't right IMO, its just generally caused by bulky fibrous foods and a backed up intestine.

Runenight201

I notice an uptick in motivation when I consume dairy with dark chocolate,
Coffee, and sugar. Just today I was laying around apathetic towards doing anything, drank some chocolate milk, and now I’m actually getting work done. What’s more is that I’m interested in getting work done. I actually want to work because of the value that is inherently present in the work but only manifested when in an engaged state, which I give credit to the chocolate milk for putting me so!

This stuff definitely has cognitive effects we’ll agree there, but we diverge when you guys think it’s bad but I’ll say it’s good! Just read Peat’s writing...a man has to be well-stimulated to have such a deep command of
Biology and research. Dairy clearly didn’t depress him, and I’ll say the same for me!

redsun

I notice an uptick in motivation when I consume dairy with dark chocolate,
Coffee, and sugar. Just today I was laying around apathetic towards doing anything, drank some chocolate milk, and now I’m actually getting work done. What’s more is that I’m interested in getting work done. I actually want to work because of the value that is inherently present in the work but only manifested when in an engaged state, which I give credit to the chocolate milk for putting me so!

This stuff definitely has cognitive effects we’ll agree there, but we diverge when you guys think it’s bad but I’ll say it’s good! Just read Peat’s writing...a man has to be well-stimulated to have such a deep command of
Biology and research. Dairy clearly didn’t depress him, and I’ll say the same for me!

Peat consumes a ton of caffeine daily right? The stimulation of caffeine can easily counteract dairy consumption at the right dose. Dairy is not the part of your equation that is doing the work, its the coffee and sugar mostly. If you consumed tons of dairy without caffeine or other stimulants it would not be the same I assure you.

Runenight201

Peat consumes a ton of caffeine daily right? The stimulation of caffeine can easily counteract dairy consumption at the right dose. Dairy is not the part of your equation that is doing the work, its the coffee and sugar mostly. If you consumed tons of dairy without caffeine or other stimulants it would not be the same I assure you.

The dairy is synergetic with the coffee and sugar. Coffee and sugar by themselves would stimulate but not in the same positive effect. It would be overstimulation to the detriment to the health of the individual. The dairy provides the buffer of nourishment which appropriately allows the stimulants from the coffee and sugar to push the body into healthy energy states, and not stimulated but detrimental energy states.

I won’t drink plain milk, I won’t drink soda, I won’t eat dark chocolate, (although to be fair I will sometimes drink plain coffee). But get the ingredients right and it’s a damn healthy food in my opinion.

Now, consuming solely these foods is silly, but incorporating them properly into the diet creates for better health, which from what I’ve gathered is exactly what Peat recommends.

redsun

The dairy is synergetic with the coffee and sugar. Coffee and sugar by themselves would stimulate but not in the same positive effect. It would be overstimulation to the detriment to the health of the individual. The dairy provides the buffer of nourishment which appropriately allows the stimulants from the coffee and sugar to push the body into healthy energy states, and not stimulated but detrimental energy states.

I won’t drink plain milk, I won’t drink soda, I won’t eat dark chocolate, (although to be fair I will sometimes drink plain coffee). But get the ingredients right and it’s a damn healthy food in my opinion.

Now, consuming solely these foods is silly, but incorporating them properly into the diet creates for better health, which from what I’ve gathered is exactly what Peat recommends.

Not saying on paper milk isnt a good food, good amount of calories and micronutrients. But you could easily just consume a meal with the coffee for those things and the stimulant effect wont be dampened by the milk. Coffee will not "overstimulate", the purpose of it is to stimulate anyway and if its too stimulating then its a voluntary choice to change the dose so Im not sure what you mean there. I avoid the milk avoid the opioid issue. The caffeine (whatever the source) works better because its not being inhibited by dairy. Coffee and dairy is a good combo because the coffee antagonizes the opioid effect of dairy.

Not a bad food combo and the dairy is not inheritantly bad but I dont want to bother with opioid compounds if I can avoid it. That's how I choose to operate. If it works for you, I don't disagree with it but I think its better to just avoid the opioid effects altogether that's why I do exactly that. To each his own.

Runenight201

Not saying on paper milk isnt a good food, good amount of calories and micronutrients. But you could easily just consume a meal with the coffee for those things and the stimulant effect wont be dampened by the milk. Coffee will not "overstimulate", the purpose of it is to stimulate anyway and if its too stimulating then its a voluntary choice to change the dose so Im not sure what you mean there. I avoid the milk avoid the opioid issue. The caffeine (whatever the source) works better because its not being inhibited by dairy. Coffee and dairy is a good combo because the coffee antagonizes the opioid effect of dairy.

Not a bad food combo and the dairy is not inheritantly bad but I dont want to bother with opioid compounds if I can avoid it. That's how I choose to operate. If it works for you, I don't disagree with it but I think its better to just avoid the opioid effects altogether that's why I do exactly that. To each his own.

Have you tried the coffee, milk, and sugar combo? I love my meat too, about to go make some tacos...but goodness would life be more dull if I couldn’t drink that sweet, sweet milk!

Slip of language, I meant that coffee and sugar combined on their own would be overstimulation. I’ve done it before and it was a bad experience. It tasted off to begin with. It lacked the depth and richness that the dairy brings. Next it made me hyper stimulated, to the point where my hands cold, sweaty pits, etc...

I don’t know how people just drink those artificial creamers which is vegetable oil and sugar. I’ve tried them and had the same negative experience. I mean I’m sharp as a wit on that combo, but it’s not healthy. Only the dairy changes it into actually a positive drink for my well-being.

redsun

Have you tried the coffee, milk, and sugar combo? I love my meat too, about to go make some tacos...but goodness would life be more dull if I couldn’t drink that sweet, sweet milk!

Slip of language, I meant that coffee and sugar combined on their own would be overstimulation. I’ve done it before and it was a bad experience. It tasted off to begin with. It lacked the depth and richness that the dairy brings. Next it made me hyper stimulated, to the point where my hands cold, sweaty pits, etc...

I don’t know how people just drink those artificial creamers which is vegetable oil and sugar. I’ve tried them and had the same negative experience. I mean I’m sharp as a wit on that combo, but it’s not healthy. Only the dairy changes it into actually a positive drink for my well-being.

Yes I have, and I prefer just the coffee with sugar when I do have coffee, which is rarely. With milk added it tastes better of course. I prefer the stimulating effect of coffee with sugar as I said. Works well, but as I said I rarely drink coffee. I use more soda, seldom energy drinks, and even more rarely caffeine pills. I have discovered personally for me I need less caffeine on days when I have zero dairy and probably should try a lengthy period of time with zero dairy to see how far it gets me in that respect.

You clearly enjoy the taste and feeling from your milk + coffee combo, and I personally think that alone is a good reason to stick with it. You should like the foods you eat and drink after all. I am not trying persuade you to drop dairy just dropping some info to keep in mind so you and anyone else who reads this knows there is another option available if need be.

Inaut

I’m a big fan of milk, cocoa, a little instant coffee, maple syrup, some casein protein and maple syrup. That’s my breakfast when i get into the office.

boris

Have you ever thought of making a latte and seeing if your children preferred that?

My train of thought is the body knows best, but it has to be exposed to the all the options to know what it prefers. A child works within the environment they are raised in, but as they mature they are exposed to more and more foods and combinations and as a result the taste refines. I loved cereal as a kid because of the sugar and milk, but it took me 25 years to figure out that it wasn’t quite as good as removing the starch from the equation and putting in coffee!

I’ve often wondered if I were to have kids whether I would get them on coffee from their infancy. The child brain is hyperplastic, for good reason, but if given the option of making them even more precocious....why not?

I‘m glad my parents didn‘t have a clue about „proper“ nutrition as they were pretty young. They let me drink all the coke I wanted even as a 1-2 year old toddler. Obviously I don‘t remember much from that time but apparently it was my favourite drink. And „I want pepsi“ was one of my first sentences :rolling

ExCarniv

What have I replaced my calories with you mean? I just eat more meat, 3 eggs a day usually for extra choline, starches usually potato or rice, and sugary drinks and fruits. Most of my calories come from meat with decent fat content and starch with it. I feel best when the majority of my calories are from meat. Meat especially if it is red meat is dopaminergic and pro-histamine with its iron, zinc, B3, B6, tyrosine and phenylalanine content, and high histidine to methionine ratio.

How do you get Calcium?

ExCarniv

You clearly enjoy the taste and feeling from your milk + coffee combo, and I personally think that alone is a good reason to stick with it.

Back to normal, milk + coffee good, milk alone feels weird.

Good quality hard aged cheese is good.

ExCarniv

I purposefully avoid calcium at the moment as part of a personal experiment.

I did when I was Carnivore, some months in and started to feel my nails breaking, had problems with sleeping and pain in my right knee even with bodyweight squats

Good luck with your experiment, but Peat is right on that one, humans needs calcium.

redsun

I did when I was Carnivore, some months in and started to feel my nails breaking, had problems with sleeping and pain in my right knee even with bodyweight squats

Good luck with your experiment, but Peat is right on that one, humans needs calcium.

Definitely need calcium of course, the question is how much do you need and how low can calcium intake go without issue. Mainstream says 1g, Peat says 2g (though I dont think he said 2g was necessary, but that 2g was optimal).