Explain Bodybuilder/Youtuber Brian Turner Acne And Dairy

Drareg

Personal hygiene shouldn't be overlooked when it comes to acne ,people in the gym sweating a lot 4-5 days per week are going to be carrying a lot of bacteria etc,showering only cleans so much.
Things like changing bed sheets and pillow cases is a foreign concept to many gym rats until their older or get a girlfriend.
It's not all personal hygiene but in many cases some people are lazy and naive when it comes to the above.

Nobody will ever admit the above,doesn't even come into their mind to question it,perfect physical Adonis who wallows in a sweaty cesspit with pizza boxes on the floor from last weeks "cheat day" until girlfriend is coming round then quick clean.
Imo this guy moved in with his girlfriend and acne cleared up.:emoji_sweat:

bodacious

Personal hygiene shouldn't be overlooked when it comes to acne ,people in the gym sweating a lot 4-5 days per week are going to be carrying a lot of bacteria etc,showering only cleans so much.
Things like changing bed sheets and pillow cases is a foreign concept to many gym rats until their older or get a girlfriend.
It's not all personal hygiene but in many cases some people are lazy and naive when it comes to the above.

Nobody will ever admit the above,doesn't even come into their mind to question it,perfect physical Adonis who wallows in a sweaty cesspit with pizza boxes on the floor from last weeks "cheat day" until girlfriend is coming round then quick clean.
Imo this guy moved in with his girlfriend and acne cleared up.

I don't think acne is caused by being unclean. I went for about a year without using any soaps, only cleaning myself with water every couple of days. Was a competitive athlete at the time. I never had acne then at all.

I had it real bad when I was a teen with raging hormones though.

Dante

Imo this guy moved in with his girlfriend and acne cleared up.:emoji_sweat:
But that would mean people living on streets or homeless people getting a lot of acne , I never saw a "dirty" homeless dude with acne( though my sample size can be small). Come to think of it, I have rarely ever seen a homeless dude with MPB ( or may be my sample size bias)
@bodacious , similar case here, when my T levels went very high (over normal range), I got a really bad case of acne though I didn't measure my estradiol levels at that time.

Drareg

@bodacious @Dante
Being an athlete at a high level could suppress metabolism,less acne,homeless people would also have suppressed metabolism,less acne in these cases possibly.
It's difficult to see a homeless guys face to be fair,always a beard and we never get to close to the peasants in modern times. Maybe it's the urea in their clothes?

Dante

@bodacious @Dante
Being an athlete at a high level could suppress metabolism,less acne,homeless people would also have suppressed metabolism,less acne in these cases possibly.
It's difficult to see a homeless guys face to be fair,always a beard and we never get to close to the peasants in modern times. Maybe it's the urea in their clothes?
Interesting observation about the urea. But I think high gonadal and adrenal steroids( or at least their downstream metabolites are required ). Kids can play in mud/dirt all day and won't get acne even if they fall sick .

Drareg

Interesting observation about the urea. But I think high gonadal and adrenal steroids( or at least their downstream metabolites are required ). Kids can play in mud/dirt all day and won't get acne even if they fall sick .

The kids are getting acne at younger ages now also which would point to the rise of puberty at younger ages.
What's the theory on femal acne then relative to hormones? I've seen women get acne who were from masculinised.

jitsmonkey

Correlation is not causation
Fat soluble vitamins
nothing to see here.
great result
wrong conclusion
he'll have a new problem to solve soon enough.

Dante

The kids are getting acne at younger ages now also which would point to the rise of puberty at younger ages.
What's the theory on femal acne then relative to hormones? I've seen women get acne who were from masculinised.
Yeah kids are hitting puberty earlier but I think that's due to the environmental xenoestrogens (btw I meant prepubescent or pre-adrenarche kids like boys of age 6-8). Amazoniac once posted a study on female rats whose ovaries were removed with an estrogenic compound implanted in their spleen didn't show signs of estrus as long as B-vitamins were supplied in the diet. The moment b-vitamins were taken off from the diet, those eunuch rats started showing signs of estrus.

Regarding the female acne, high estrogen in itself whether endogenous or exogenous ( birth control pill ) can directly cause it ( I am not aware of the exact mechanism though to be honest at the skin level ) or as someone said they can "stimulate" the adrenals glands to produce more adrenal steroids which gets converted to "stronger " androgens locally by the enzymes at the skin . Acne is a common symptom of high estrogenic state like PCOS ( though PCOS women also have also high androgens hence your observation on " women who get acne seem masculinized" ).

SQu

I discussed with haidut he thinks milk can increase dhea synthesis for some people and estrogenic metabolites increase acne. If true then white button mushrooms should be able to help with that.
Excuse if OT, and very speculative, but I was wondering if 'estrogenic metabolites' might be behind why I lost hair visibly thinning at hairline, noticed it in March after dhea 5mg experiment Dec/Jan which I stopped because no results and I suspected aromatization in spite of pregnenolone accompanying it. Seems (tentatively) to be reversing. Female, always shed a lot but never visibly thin before.
Milk protein uses up vitamin A more than other proteins. Milk use to reliably give me acne too, until I found out it was just increasing my vitamin A needs that were previously not being met. Adding vitamin A cleared my skin right up, and has kept it clear for years even though cronically drinking a gallon of milk per day.
Very interesting and yet another benefit of weekly liver. I don't love it but I love the results

his vitamin d probably sucks, his A is probably non existent, his video is showing him eating pizza and quesadillas and bagels, seriously are we supposed to believe he's getting enough nutrients?

Wagner83

Excuse if OT, and very speculative, but I was wondering if 'estrogenic metabolites' might be behind why I lost hair visibly thinning at hairline, noticed it in March after dhea 5mg experiment Dec/Jan which I stopped because no results and I suspected aromatization in spite of pregnenolone accompanying it. Seems (tentatively) to be reversing. Female, always shed a lot but never visibly thin before.
Hair loss is hard to understand, for sure I know diet plays a big part and at times milk , along with an increase in sebum production, accelerated hair loss. What you say is possible, if you're interested I linked to a post from haidut further down the post you quoted. Not sure if female and male hair loss are the same, not even sure if hair loss among men is the same. If you took pansterone in dmso then maybe the histamine release or at least the dmso played a part? Some people are quite sensitive to it, and imo 5mg dhea in dmso is quite a lot depending on your current state of health.

SQu

I linked to a post from haidut further down the post you quoted. Not sure if female and male hair loss are the same, not even sure if hair loss among men is the same. If you took pansterone in dmso then maybe the histamine release or at least the dmso played a part?

Didn't take pansterone, just a local product so no dmso. But of interest, from your link, (hope I did not take out of context)
I suspect the build up of 5-androstenediol from DHEA is a direct result of suboptimal metabolism characterized by excessive reductive environment and high estrogen. In such an environment, DHEA can serve as an emergency oxidizing agent generating 5-androstenediol as a direct metabolite.

Suboptimal metabolism and high estrogen ... yes in my case. Definitely if you aren't healed enough everything that can go the wrong way will, in my experience. This guy with his acne - if it was me I'd increase nutrition rather than back myself into a corner. Done that often enough! Thanks for the link.

milk_lover

I drink at least two liters of low-fat milk a day and my face is clear. I think taking care of estrogen through raising metabolism sensibly, and taking fat-soluble vitamins, little youthful hormones, glycine, niacinamide, aspirin, caffeine, and even anti-serotonin agents like cypro can really help with milk digestion. I think another key is low fat and the milk should taste good for you. I emailed Peat about the best type of milk to consume without compromising the taste and with avoiding bad symptoms like increase hair sebum and itchiness, and he said 1% fat milk is the best for most people.

EIRE24

Milk protein uses up vitamin A more than other proteins. Milk use to reliably give me acne too, until I found out it was just increasing my vitamin A needs that were previously not being met. Adding vitamin A cleared my skin right up, and has kept it clear for years even though cronically drinking a gallon of milk per day.
How much vitamin A? Vitamin A has never helped to clear my skin at all and actually seems to make my skin worse it's weird

T

tca300

Typically I dont let A go past 10 × my D intake.
I use about 6mg of K2 per day.
I do eat liver, but 60,000 IU of A from liver would bring too much copper, Iron etc.. into the equation.

EIRE24

Typically I dont let A go past 10 × my D intake.
I use about 6mg of K2 per day.
I do eat liver, but 60,000 IU of A from liver would bring too much copper, Iron etc.. into the equation.
Ok thank you