If dairy is so good, why do a lot of people do better without dairy?

sunny

That is a lovely testimony on method. And so I offer this suggest to you as an athlete (from a former athlete). Try your milk daytimes iced and a bit watered down, with a TB of genuine-from-a-tree grade B (or Robust) Maple syrup.
While I am lucky to have fresh raw goatmilk delivered weekly, I put it in a bestquality plastic water bottle (we have a great bottler here serving up glacier water by the case in 16ozs) dilute by at least a 4th, the maple, shake then freeze, leaving room for expansion. Most times it is either defrosting or only partially frozen and is thick and absolutely hydrating and delicious. Keeps it fresh longer!
Great idea!

Santosh

Perhaps because few humans can distinguish a difference between WHICH milk. The natural milk from a cow that actually eats grass and utilizes its 4 stomachs to create a rich nutritious product, or cows locked in a 3ft cage with a hole to put their head slurping up a grain slurry to stay alive, heavily vaccinated with growth hormones, antibiotics God knows what, standing in 3feet of their own pee and poop with a milking machine attached, only released to go to the "rape cage", and only living a scant 4 years with such inhumane treatment instead of 25 yrs in a peaceful field with a normal herd with social order.

I get the same heavy diarrhea from organic grass fed raw milk as I get from supermarket UHT whole milk.

PopSocket

Today was supposed to be the day I eliminate milk to see if my digestion improves. 6½ years of drinking at least one liter of milk a day, sometimes much more. Anyway, it started off ok then I noticed I missed my morning bowel movement. At the supermarket to buy fruit, I looked at all the unripe fruits and decided to head for the milk aisle. Came away with a few liters of milk. How is it possible that I've forgotten what life was like before milk? For people who don't drink milk what does your diet look like?
Doing a no milk experiment last month. I am also addicted like you with around 1 to 3 liters of milk per day but it does make me hold a bit of water in the face and takes away a few points of attractiveness which matters now as I ended a long term relationship recently. I can tell you - there is Life after Milk 🙃

Bumped eggs a little bit and have to take small amount of vit E with them to offset pufa and a bit more beef than usual with eggshell + collagen on each meal to balance things out. Also noticed I have a little more energy this way. Skin also looking better. Had to up my OJ as well to get my carbs, now 2-2.5l of OJ per day up from ~1.5l.

Will try to treat milk as a supplemental food from now on when I add it back in instead of choosing the easy and more lazy way out by relying mainly on milk and OJ for nutrition.

Peatress

Doing a no milk experiment last month. I am also addicted like you with around 1 to 3 liters of milk per day but it does make me hold a bit of water in the face and takes away a few points of attractiveness which matters now as I ended a long term relationship recently. I can tell you - there is Life after Milk 🙃

Bumped eggs a little bit and have to take small amount of vit E with them to offset pufa and a bit more beef than usual with eggshell + collagen on each meal to balance things out. Also noticed I have a little more energy this way. Skin also looking better. Had to up my OJ as well to get my carbs, now 2-2.5l of OJ per day up from ~1.5l.

Will try to treat milk as a supplemental food from now on when I add it back in instead of choosing the easy and more lazy way out by relying mainly on milk and OJ for nutrition.
Thank you for the encouragement. Has your edema resolved since giving up milk? This is an issue for me too but I don’t know if I can attribute this to milk since I am still eating some starch (this has to stop first).

PopSocket

Thank you for the encouragement. Has your edema resolved since giving up milk? This is an issue for me too but I don’t know if I can attribute this to milk since I am still eating some starch (this has to stop first).
Yup. It is much better now with occasional puffiness if I didn't get enough sleep, ate something out of the ordinary or experimented with some weird supplement. Takes very little time to resolve. After the 4th or 5th day of no milk/dairy my face started to get chiseled and I could notice small improvement each day for the first three weeks.

Peatress

Yup. It is much better now with occasional puffiness if I didn't get enough sleep, ate something out of the ordinary or experimented with some weird supplement. Takes very little time to resolve. After the 4th or 5th day of no milk/dairy my face started to get chiseled and I could notice small improvement each day for the first three weeks.
Thank you. Did your salt intake change?

golder

Milk is High in 'Vitamen' A. Once your liver is saturated with vit A,, it turn's your bile toxic. Which causes other issues. The MEGA symptom list of Poison/"Vitamin A" toxicity and DETOX symptoms https://180degreehealth.com/vitamin-vitamin-villain/ Ideas, Concepts, and Observations
Interesting that peat never mentioned vitamin A toxicity once. He was very well versed in retinyl and liver function and this entire area just completey eluded one of the best minds of the 20th century? I’m trying to help it make sense to me.

Santosh

check SIBO from my previous posts.

Thanks man, just ordered the peppermint oil capsules after reading your post.

I have tried everything : xifaxan, augmentin, azythromycin, ox bile, TUDCA, liver flush, coffee enema.

And I'm still bloated 24/7 with food intolerances.

jmparret

Santosh, get the "Super Gut" book by William Davis MD. and if you have extra money get the FoodMarble Air or Air2 to measure digestion. It is in the book.

Air Air2 will assist with food intolerance too. Super Gut will probably work on food intolerance too. You make and eat yogurts that repopulate the biome in your intestines.
Joe

shanny

Forum Supporter
For me it was definitely the milk, not the starch. I have experimented with both, and starch gives me energy and warmth. Dairy makes me puffy and sleepy no matter what way I try and hack it! I've started using it as more of a condiment: cream in coffee, a little raw cheese on top of something, but just freely drinking milk or eating yogurt/cheese has not worked for me no matter what I try.

Korven

Santosh, get the "Super Gut" book by William Davis MD. and if you have extra money get the FoodMarble Air or Air2 to measure digestion. It is in the book.

Air Air2 will assist with food intolerance too. Super Gut will probably work on food intolerance too. You make and eat yogurts that repopulate the biome in your intestines.
Joe

I can recommend the "super gut" L. Reuteri yoghurt. I am feeling wonderful since eating this on a daily basis, not sure if it is just the yoghurt eating and/or avoiding specific allergenic foods for a long time.

golder

I can recommend the "super gut" L. Reuteri yoghurt. I am feeling wonderful since eating this on a daily basis, not sure if it is just the yoghurt eating and/or avoiding specific allergenic foods for a long time.
Wow that’s amazing, could you detail the L. Reuteri yoghurt for us, I’m keen to start trying it!

Korven

Wow that’s amazing, could you detail the L. Reuteri yoghurt for us, I’m keen to start trying it!

Sure!

You can find recipes online by googling "L Reuteri yoghurt" but I wasn't able to make the pure L.reuteri strain yoghurt work (it didn't make good yoghurt), so I tweaked it a little:

1. Get 1 liter of your favourite melk. I have been using goat milk lately.
2. OPTIONAL, heat it up to 80 degree celsius and cool down again to 36 C (if it is too hot it will kill the bacteria!!!). This heating step makes the end product more thick but I am lazy and don't do it.
3. Crush 10 tablets of biogaia gastrus and mix with the milk. I also add maybe 2 tbsp of just some regular ol yoghurt since I find that using just the L Reuteri bacteria makes the yoghurt separate (end result is not thick and nice). So it's essentially a special blend of regular yoghurt bacteria and the L Reuteri.
4. OR take 2 tbsp of previous L Reuteri yoghurt batch that you made and mix with milk.
5. Keep the yoghurt at 36-37 degree celsius for 24 hours. Using a yoghurt maker is really the most convenient way.
6. Put in fridge and you have awesome yoghurt

Dutchie

@Korven how many times approximately can you use previous batches of yoghurt to make new yoghurt? (before it loses it's strength and you have to make a new batch with probiotics again).

shanny

Forum Supporter
you find you tolerate all types of dairy since implementing this? Or has dairy always been ok for you?

jmparret

on the L. Reuteri yoghurt i use ultra pasterized half and half with nothing but cream and milk. I do not heat the half and half just use a small amount to mix the inulin and 10 tablets of biogaia gastrus. Korven did not mention Inulin and this will thicken the yogurt.
Get the book because the information inside is very good. It reports what causes harm to your intestinal biome.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals