I feel as though I'm on the verge of passing out, I feel so depleted, my heart feels as though it has no energy to pump

OP
C

Callmestar

If you look at the nutritional information on the back of the bottle (on the website ) you can see the ingredients from most to least and also the ratios. You can try to find something with a similar ingredient/ ratio profile in the UK. Have you tried consulting a naturopath yet? These people are very skilled treating conditions like yours.

I've tried, naturopaths, functional medicine doctors, nutritionists. They certainly aren't skilled in treating conditions like mine. They have no idea what's going on, even if some assume it's adrenal related. They've all told me to take a load of supplements which I have done for months with zero improvements.

Nicole W.

I've tried, naturopaths, functional medicine doctors, nutritionists. They certainly aren't skilled in treating conditions like mine. They have no idea what's going on, even if some assume it's adrenal related. They've all told me to take a load of supplements which I have done for months with zero improvements.
I’m sorry to hear that. I’m sure you’re at your wits end. I sympathize, it feels really scary when nothing seems to work. Like I said, too much or too many supplements are counterproductive. Which adaptogens have you tried so far? Have you had improvement with any of them? How do you feel with coffee?

FitnessMike

you probably are like me and have high rt3 from all this amazing stress, none of the thyroid supplement raised my metabolism but was only accumulating to some extreme levels in the serum. If thyroid isnt working you need to use other tools to lower stress thru the day, for me taurine was big and i was able to tolerate sugar ever since, inosine too, its due to lowering adrenaline do your body can store glycogen, im still in the hole but yea man it was worse

SOMO

Take some stimulants if you have access, and if you feel better but crash harder, it's a dopamine issue.

It sounds like you're running on parasympathetic mode. You should be able to activate that sympathetic mode for a bit and return to normal.

Maybe you're taking some supplements that inhibit MAOI?

Peatful

This was my response to you back on March 16th.

You have not gotten better.
Supplements nor thyroid will cure you.
Actually putting thyroid hormones in a depleted body will cause more stress. The proverbial revving the engine with no oil in the engine nor gas in the tank.

Loose the kidney dehydration narrative for a bit.
Embrace the high cortisol and in turn low thyroid assessment- and nourish and heal yourself through food.

Attachments

• 2AABF91E-41EC-474A-A794-E7A8AA9B055A.png
    2AABF91E-41EC-474A-A794-E7A8AA9B055A.png
    51.7 KB · Views: 37
OP
C

Callmestar

This was my response to you back on March 16th.

You have not gotten better.
Supplements nor thyroid will cure you.
Actually putting thyroid hormones in a depleted body will cause more stress. The proverbial revving the engine with no oil in the engine nor gas in the tank.

Loose the kidney dehydration narrative for a bit.
Embrace the high cortisol and in turn low thyroid assessment- and nourish and heal yourself through food.

Fair point and I recognise you could be right. I did change my diet to what I thought was more an optimal peat style, mainly consisting of fruits, OJ, milk, Carrot salad, grass fed beef and cheese. I was reasonably consistent with it for a month or so but it's hard to carry on when you are seeing no improvement. In this situation it's incredibly hard to know whats helping as nothing seems to shift and there appears to be no pattern to it. I can have one better day in a month then the next day I'm back to like death and I've not changed anything.

The other battle is, I now seem to be getting fat around the midsection and chest. Probably another sign of hypo. It seems a catch 22, eating more sugar, while I'm currently gaining fat. But I understand I'm likely gaining that fat due to the stress and low thyroid and correcting that would in turn reduce the fat.

I'll get back on the food train more consistently.

Peatful

Fair point and I recognise you could be right. I did change my diet to what I thought was more an optimal peat style, mainly consisting of fruits, OJ, milk, Carrot salad, grass fed beef and cheese. I was reasonably consistent with it for a month or so but it's hard to carry on when you are seeing no improvement. In this situation it's incredibly hard to know whats helping as nothing seems to shift and there appears to be no pattern to it. I can have one better day in a month then the next day I'm back to like death and I've not changed anything.

The other battle is, I now seem to be getting fat around the midsection and chest. Probably another sign of hypo. It seems a catch 22, eating more sugar, while I'm currently gaining fat. But I understand I'm likely gaining that fat due to the stress and low thyroid and correcting that would in turn reduce the fat.

I'll get back on the food train more consistently.
Easy on the liquids.

Here is a latter response from me on the same day iirc

Attachments

• B16E57E8-D93D-4D03-9664-F5E023BDE2ED.png
    B16E57E8-D93D-4D03-9664-F5E023BDE2ED.png
    55.6 KB · Views: 40
OP
C

Callmestar

I don't know where you are, but Hersey's has a simple 5 chocolate syrup you get at walmart that is clean, and makes very good chocolate milk, very easy.

I've struggled a lot with Thyroid too, it's not easy to get right. There is a lot of discussion on this forum of course about thyroid. One thing is you have to have enough cholesterol, so a total cholesterol above 160 for thyroid to even be effective.

I tried Tyroene and Tyromix in the past, but it was hard for me to dose because carrying the little bottles around and remembering to use them all the time was just not working. Now I use cynomel and cynoplus. I started with a 1/4 tab of cynomel with breakfast, (because taking it with food slows the absorption rate) and a 1/4 tab of cynoplus with dinner. My notes say taking T4 and T3 togther prolong the effects of T3 at night. With thyroid, it seems that the best course is to start with a low dose, and stick with a dose for at least 2 weeks then up it incrementally until symptoms resolve. It takes time. Hypothyroidism: The unsuspected illness by Broda Barnes is the gold standard book on thyroid.

Can get these from shop down the road. What do you reckon, any of these ok or full of too much junk?

LucyL

Cocoa, milk and sugar - looks like a winner to me, if it tastes good!

OP
C

Callmestar

Cocoa, milk and sugar - looks like a winner to me, if it tastes good!

It tastes good! It's a slight battle inside my head to consume such a sugary drink regularly when I'm noticing I'm starting to get quite a bit if fat on the chest and belly. Likely due to the inactivity since I've been so ill and fatigued and maybe storage of fat due to hypothyroid if that's my condition.

OP
C

Callmestar

Easy on the liquids.

Here is a latter response from me on the same day iirc

You know what, I went back to a meal of carrot salad with ACV and coconut oil follow by gress fed beef with honey. Now I'm not one for placebo but there was a slight lift in energy and I certainly felt less unwell shortly after the meal and that continued for a couple of hours. That was good and gave a little hope. Then I had some cheese, then the brain fog and grogginess hit. Think I'll have to limit the dairy unfortunately.

Peatful

You know what, I went back to a meal of carrot salad with ACV and coconut oil follow by gress fed beef with honey. Now I'm not one for placebo but there was a slight lift in energy and I certainly felt less unwell shortly after the meal and that continued for a couple of hours. That was good and gave a little hope. Then I had some cheese, then the brain fog and grogginess hit. Think I'll have to limit the dairy unfortunately.
Your first meal had a better macro ratio than the cheese alone meal.
Try the cheese (protein and fat) with some honey (carbs) and see how you do.
You want easy to digest balanced meals to not only nourish you- but to get your BS steady as to not put more stress on your adrenals to keep that said BS up.

OP
C

Callmestar

Your first meal had a better macro ratio than the cheese alone meal.
Try the cheese (protein and fat) with some honey (carbs) and see how you do.
You want easy to digest balanced meals to not only nourish you- but to get your BS steady as to not put more stress on your adrenals to keep that said BS up.

I had a little juice, some dates and a little more beef with the cheese. I think unfortunately and frustratingly there's a mild intolerance to dairy. Sometimes I can get away with a bit of cheese but seems not so today.

OP
C

Callmestar

So what's the amount?

I'll be honest I don't really measure the salt of late. I'd say around 3/4 of a tsp, around 2000mg of sodium last time a checked. No salt or tons of salt hasn't made much of a difference either way.

Last edited:

Frostee

I'll be honest I don't really measure the salt of late. I'd say around 1/4 of a tsp, around 2000mg of sodium last time a checked. No salt or tons of salt hasn't made much of a difference either way.
Oh ok. I don't feel normal (especially my heart) if I get under 15g a day. My heart would pause and I would feel like I was about to pass out on 1/4tsp a day. Too much Oj/milk causing too much sodium loss I think. I also felt very thirsty all the time despite high liquid intake

peateats1

I'm not even sure I have low thyroid. Although my symptoms are similar in some ways. My T3 and T4 are normal. My TSH is about 3.00. My cholesterol is HIGH.
That tsh is way too high. Also, I thought you had a stool test done and it came back with some infection? Leaky gut and bacterial infection will cause all kinds of symptoms.

OP
C

Callmestar

Oh ok. I don't feel normal (especially my heart) if I get under 15g a day. My heart would pause and I would feel like I was about to pass out on 1/4tsp a day. Too much Oj/milk causing too much sodium loss I think

Wow that's a lot. 15g of sodium? I think I had about 7g on one of my chronometers posted on here and someone said I'd trying to kill myself lol.

I've tried salt in water for days but no help. I feel if it salt food maybe it helps slightly in terms of feeling a little more satiated.

How are you taking the salt? On food, in water?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals